ZSR Forums
April 19, 2024, 02:21:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 625556 times)
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #645 on: August 07, 2014, 06:07:01 PM »

Lagging the game up by attacking a cucco so long it stops entirely from spawning more attack-cuccos not only causes serious loading issues with textures (In Hyrule you can see it while dashing, in Lorule just walking is enough), but it also seems to change how physics work. Instead of a Moblin pushing me away like normal in a specific spot, Link attempted to push the Moblin away instead, into a fence, causing it to jitter.

So if you guys aren't having luck with some neat strats that almost work, cucco abuse may or may not help.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #646 on: August 07, 2014, 06:56:27 PM »

Well, I discovered a way to clip Moblins into houses Cheesy

The Moblin is actually stuck in the door and walking in place in that picture.

The way you do it is, get a Moblin up against any door in Thieves'. Make sure it stays there somehow (getting it stuck on a bush, fence, etc.). Go grab a Cucco and walk into the Moblin while holding it. Link will drop the Cucco but it will not run away (not necessary but makes this a whole lot easier). Now stun the Moblin up against the door and quickly pick up the Cucco and throw it head on at the Moblin. It may take a couple tries but eventually the Cucco will clip the Moblin half way into the door. It's a lot easier if the Moblin is facing south since most of it's hitbox is covering the door.

If you walk into the Moblin you'll get hurt but then it will clip fully into the house and disappear. I also tried bringing another Moblin in and tried to clip into the house with both Moblins but kept messing up. There was a point that it looked like Link was ready to clip inside but I got tired of doing the setup Tongue
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #647 on: August 08, 2014, 12:10:51 AM »

This last glitch has some hope.
Maybe we could combine it with the Cucoo Lag glitch?

edit: If getting hurt by the moblin will push it inside, what if you hurt yourself first? (Like using a firerod) and then touch the moblin.
Also, I wonder if we can get it less stuck. A moblin that far in might be the same collision as a door.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 03:03:43 AM by KingOfHeart » Logged
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #648 on: August 08, 2014, 01:39:21 PM »

Some guy at the SGDQ chat told me that the painting house loading zone doesn't exist unless you beat Thieves'. Is he wrong or something?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #649 on: August 08, 2014, 02:22:10 PM »

Some guy at the SGDQ chat told me that the painting house loading zone doesn't exist unless you beat Thieves'. Is he wrong or something?

The guy was definitely just spewing nonsense seeing as no one has been able to clip into the house yet lol. Maybe he was referring to Lorule Castle?

http://www.zeldaspeedruns.com/albw/overworld/lorule-castle-gate-clip

The loading zone doesn't appear until all Lorule dungeons are completed.

Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #650 on: August 08, 2014, 03:31:29 PM »

Well....I think I just discovered that the painting house in Thieves' actually doesn't have a loading zone. After discovering that Moblin door clip, I figured something out through it.

On my beaten file where the house was unlocked, the Moblin would get stuck on the doorway then clip through if pushed by something. After it would disappear once fully pushed inside the house. Then, trying it out on an unbeaten file, the Moblin didn't get stuck in the doorway and instead clipped into the house right away. I swung my sword and was able to hit the Moblin that was clipped inside.

Then I realized the difference....the reason the Moblin got stuck on the door in the beaten file was because it was actually getting stuck on the loading zone walls. Then when it fully clipped inside, it touching the loading zone made it disappear. Then on the unbeaten file, it clipped in right away because there was no loading zone. It also didn't disappear because of this Sad (The whole loading zones having walls thing was discovered after Cucco clipping into Sahasrahla's)

Now, this doesn't mean there isn't hope for an early Lorule just yet. Even though Sahasrahla's house is locked in the beginning of the game, it still has a loading zone, so clearly the developers didn't do this to every locked house. So we must keep trying!  Angry
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #651 on: August 08, 2014, 07:08:30 PM »

So this guy was right, but do you know him? If his method is different to Weegeechan's, he can probably figure out whether the dressing lady's house has a loading zone earlier in the game or not. If I have to guess, I think it does if the big bomb restriction was their only countermeasure, as is evident with Sahasrahla's house.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 07:10:05 PM by Jeville » Logged
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #652 on: August 08, 2014, 08:25:02 PM »

Guys, you just found a way to travel onto the bridge, right?
Is my memory hazy but instead of going down the bridge on the right side, try the left.
Go all the way down, and head left across the ledge with the fence. Continue left so you can try to enter the town from on that ledge.
Before you enter, have the big bomb follow you.
If possible, try to be as north as  you can without falling.

This was my one theory of getting the big bomb into town, so let's find out if this works or not.
RudyCarcue
Deku Scrub

« Reply #653 on: August 08, 2014, 10:52:12 PM »

I tried that before, you can walk outside the fence but you cant get to thieves town, also I couldnt manage to get the bomb to follow you once you are outside the fence.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #654 on: August 09, 2014, 12:12:41 AM »

The bomb won't follow? So instead of being warped back, you would just fall to your doom, or is a solid barrier on the left side?
Even if it's a failure, mind showing what you got so far?

If the possibility is 0, then there's 0 chance of going around the barrier.
LemonKong
Regular Guay

« Reply #655 on: August 09, 2014, 12:45:29 AM »

So, it's possible to take the Big Bomb between screens without it actually being lead by you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vlCZ8bai_4

I merged along the wall in video but that's not necessary to make the trick work, all that matters is that the Big Bomb is located sufficiently into where the next screen will load. Of course, to place it where I did in the video I had to use the screen transitions themselves because Big Bomb will only move by means of following Link. In other words: this won't get Big Bomb into Thieves' Town Tongue

Because sorcery, it seems like many (all?) of the screen transitions this has been tried out only work in one direction. The trick used in the video doesn't seem to work in reverse, but the opposite holds true for using the screen transition north of the two snapdragons. Similarly the transition leading to rupee rush works going left->right but not in reverse, yet I've been able to make it work right->left elsewhere.
RudyCarcue
Deku Scrub

« Reply #656 on: August 09, 2014, 01:01:12 AM »

This is the place outside the fence where i could get to

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYoCW1lJ_A
You can get to this place but you can't make the bomb to follow you from here, also I tried to get on top of the fence by merging on the wall but you can't merge there. The biggest problem is that not all the screen has a fence, just before getting to the screen transition you are unable to continue through this path, unless we do a bomb boost maybe, but if you try jumping from here link will just fall to his doom.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 01:13:48 AM by RudyCarcue » Logged
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #657 on: August 09, 2014, 01:04:43 AM »

Lemon, very interesting find.

Rudy...awe shame.
Ahamplan
Regular Guay

« Reply #658 on: August 09, 2014, 05:53:40 AM »

Wow wee gee I would never guess that the house doesn't have a loading zone, maybe it's cutscene activated, but rip thieves D:

I am the Zeldo for you <3
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #659 on: August 09, 2014, 06:11:29 AM »

So Lemon, looking at that video, it reminds me that wasn't there a time where an arrow from one of the Soldiers followed someone through the screen transition? (I'm less asking this from you, since that was ages ago Tongue)

it might mean we could move certain objects out of their normal screens with this same trick. The obvious one that comes to mind, of course, are Cuccos. Having the ability to glide with them would break things.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: