ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:57:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 616336 times)
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #615 on: August 02, 2014, 01:57:54 AM »

No games are open for mine, because I didn't do the statuary either.

From what I remember

-Lost woods (need early ravio shop)
-South of Eastern Palace area
-Zora Cave
-Kakirko village
-Southern Swamp hidden cave
-Behind black smith
-In cave next to black smith

Hmm, I must of reset the game, because I'm one piece short of what I should have.  Either way, 5 hearts is now possible without beating anything if you got the skill. You can get 6 most likely with beating the sanctuary  .

-------------
The TOH without merge is not as hard as I thought. I almost beat it..I pancaked on the boss so I got to redo it

edit: Beat TOH! Also, it was the HP behind the black smith that I missed.
Lastly, while leaping off the east side of the black smith the bee hit me east in mid air, and I was on the ledge. If I wanted to, I could of walked into the water. Didn't test to see if it scrolled to the next screen, because I didn't see what it would even accomplish.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 04:48:00 AM by KingOfHeart » Logged
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #616 on: August 02, 2014, 05:19:43 PM »

We got working on a Mergeless File/Page last night, and here's what came out of it:

http://www.zeldaspeedruns.com/albw/misc/mergeless-adventure
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #617 on: August 02, 2014, 09:10:07 PM »

I love it!
Hopefully some day we can beat the wind level without merging.
I tried multiple theories and nothing worked for me so far. Maybe I just lack skill?

1. I threw a bomb to the left of the orb to try to fly up and land on the gate. I usually placed the bomb so it's sticking off the ledge.
2. I threw a bomb on the north grate at the very south of it, so it's half off the ledge. When it exploded, my goal was for it to push me to the east onto the fan. This theory has some hope as I noticed as I was landing, that it looked like I slid off the fan.

I also had a couple more crazy theories.
1. Using a boomerang, have it hit a rat on return to stun it. Before this happens, use the wind rod to fly up in the air. If timed precisely, you'll land on the rat and be able to walk onto the fan.
2. Use the windrod, die in midair(fairy is needed), and try to use the windrod before landing

Anyone MLG to test any of these?
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #618 on: August 03, 2014, 08:50:14 PM »

Does anyone know whether it's possible to boost southward onto an outdoor rock ledge using the slow-moving jumping yellow enemies with tentacles in Lorule's overworld?  Specifically, I'd like to boost onto the rock ledge south of the big bomb.

If this is possible, it might lead to getting the big bomb into the Village of Outcasts, which has possibilities.  The developers didn't want the big bomb in the village for a reason.  The best possibility I see is using the big bomb as a clipping assist with the Cucco clip glitch to break into the Thieves' Hideout sage building.
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #619 on: August 03, 2014, 08:54:45 PM »

Which Heart Pieces did you get? I think these are the ones you can access before entering Easter Palace:

- Kakariko Cave

Is that still the only Piece of Heart that is accessible before unsheathing the sword?
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #620 on: August 03, 2014, 09:26:00 PM »

Is that still the only Piece of Heart that is accessible before unsheathing the sword?
If it is possible to spawn Bees from picking up grass, then you can get the one in the Blacksmith's Cave and the one in the Waterfall Cave (through Early Flippers). I don't know if Bees can spawn like that though.

A theory for the HP near Tower of Hera. If you can spawn Bees like that, and get Early Flippers, then you can get the Bird Man's bottle, get the Net (not sure if you can? trigger is having a bottle, normally). From there, if it's possible to access an area with fairies at that point, get one. That means you will have 6 (potentially 7 with a pot heart drop) hearts to cross Death Mountain cave 1. If all that is possible, then you could get that one HP. Tongue
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #621 on: August 04, 2014, 05:16:34 AM »

You could get the early flippers, then just go to the Witch's shop for potions.
She's the only shop in the game (maybe fortune teller) that you can enter early.

Btw, to give us some hope. Let's try to get inside of the big bomb's house door. I've been putting the bomb next to the door, and I got far into the closed door, but have not been able to merge through just yet.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 05:29:35 AM by KingOfHeart » Logged
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #622 on: August 04, 2014, 04:53:44 PM »

Btw, to give us some hope. Let's try to get inside of the big bomb's house door. I've been putting the bomb next to the door, and I got far into the closed door, but have not been able to merge through just yet.

When is the big bomb house locked?  It's not open the moment you step into Lorule?

If you find a way in, I'd love to try the same technique on the fat lady's house...
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #623 on: August 04, 2014, 10:56:03 PM »

It's still a closed door. And all closed doors should work the same.
At this point it doesn't look possible. You can get yourself completely trapped between the huge bomb and the door.
Link was a bit more then halfway through the door.
I used the windrod and it ignored the door's arch and placed me back around the center of the big bomb as I flew up, and then when I landed, I was back half way through the door again.

BTW, I achieved this stuckness by putting the big bomb next to the closed door, and dashing into the fence so I would end up flying back high enough to land on the big bomb and get pushed to the north.

I'm going to try using a frozen enemy using this same dash method to see if there's a difference.

Also by using the big bomb, I got myself stuck between the fence to the left of Lorule castle. That ledge might also work to getting past.
---------------
At the beginning of the game when you're suppose to enter the grave, and Dampe won't let you leave. Well, there's a chest on the left side of the screen. You're able to easily leave the area from that upper ledge. So using this same theory, the programmers might only created a barrier on the path, and not the surrounding edges.
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #624 on: August 05, 2014, 05:00:05 AM »

I didn't even know that there was a prerequisite to getting into the big bomb house without cheating... >.>

Anyway, the glitch I was thinking most about was the Cucco clipping glitch. This glitch allows you to break into Sahasrahla's house early by clipping into the side back wall.  You end up clipped inside the building.  If you walk to the back side of the locked doors while clipped inside the building, you will reach the door trigger and go inside his house in the normal sense, even though the door is locked.  He says a line of dialogue you cannot see otherwise, but nothing interesting happens - that line just says "I'll see you later when I'm ready", more or less.

The Cucco glitch appears to be based around what happens when you throw a Cucco against a north-facing wall such that the Cucco lands on you.  The Cucco shoves you out of the way, but if some other clipping object blocks you, you can end up going somewhere you shouldn't.  With Sahasrahla's house, the north-facing wall is the back of the "jail" building and the other obstacle is the left wall of Sahasrahla's house.  It may be possible to use the big bomb as a portable clipping object for clipping for this glitch--but we need Cuccos, too, and they're only in the Village of Outcasts.

I have a feeling that the developers knew of the bad interaction between Cuccos and the big bomb, and that's why they don't let you drag it into town.
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #625 on: August 05, 2014, 05:07:35 AM »

I didn't even know that there was a prerequisite to getting into the big bomb house without cheating... >.>
You don't, you can enter it as soon as you reach Lorule. (That's what Zaheer does on his route.) He's only trying to clip into an house using the Big Bomb, and that's the closest house he can try to do it on.
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #626 on: August 05, 2014, 07:46:39 AM »

I was also able to get myself stuck against the left-side fence near Lorule Castle.  I got it stuck in the northwest corner of the fence behind the tree, then dashed southwest against the tree.  The dash impact bounced me onto the big bomb, and it shoved me into the corner.  The game, especially Link, got vertically blurry, I think because Link was alternating between two positions for each pair of frames.

The Nice Tornado Rod caused me to partly get into the fence, it seemed, but then I slid back down into glitch position.  The only ways out were to dash northeast, which if I remember correctly would bounce me off back over the big bomb, or to use anything that would detonate the bomb.
Ahamplan
Regular Guay

« Reply #627 on: August 05, 2014, 09:46:31 AM »

The  game doesn't allow two entities to overlap each other and the game prioritizes everything else but link forcing him out of the way, and that's why he shifts back and forth. And its not a barrier but a trigger for screen transition so even if you could get oob you can get the bomb out into thieves town.

I am the Zeldo for you <3
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #628 on: August 05, 2014, 01:32:23 PM »

The  game doesn't allow two entities to overlap each other and the game prioritizes everything else but link forcing him out of the way, and that's why he shifts back and forth. And its not a barrier but a trigger for screen transition so even if you could get oob you can get the bomb out into thieves town.

This is why I want to get onto the wall south of the big bomb house.  If I can get up there without the big bomb detonating and still having the big bomb trying to follow me, I can drag it left.

If the big bomb is following you and you enter a screen on top of a wall, does the big bomb enter the screen up on the wall by you as well?  If so, I'd then take the big bomb left and up past the rupee rush game to get into the Village of Outcasts.

Are the yellow tentacle monsters suitable for boosting onto that ledge?  If I could get up there with the big bomb at first, I could test the back door into the Village of Outcasts to see whether it's even possible to go that direction.
LemonKong
Regular Guay

« Reply #629 on: August 05, 2014, 01:54:15 PM »

Sliding with Hammer Recoil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-Z1ZH_E-xY

And TDutch made capture card quality vid of it as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv2v5ap4EBw
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: