ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 06:03:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 616955 times)
Squirelofjustice
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #465 on: May 17, 2014, 04:12:40 AM »

Ok well here's what I did. Follow the normal route up until sanctuary. The only difference is that you have the sufficient amount of rupees to buy bombs after Ravio #2 cutscene. Purchase bombs then head to eastern palace. Beat EP but then at the exit/entrance, bomb yourself into the loading zone to die. You will respawn at link's house and when you leave, the missing boy cutscene will play and you'll re-enter the house (this is just an oddity, not necessarily relevant). You now have the ability to merge but don't have the pendant of courage. Beat HoG and ToH. Salhalra will tell you to get the master sword. Get it and head to Hyrule castle. I did not continue to see if skipping the barrier cutscene after beating EP has any softlock effects but i'm afraid that it might. I'll continue tonight to see what happens. If anyone has already found this, I sincerely apologize for my third false alarm.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #466 on: May 17, 2014, 11:21:57 AM »

Did you just prove that you don't even need the pendant of courage?
That means, it's possible to do the eastern palace after getting the MasterSword IF the other two levels can be beaten without merging.
I believe someone beat the Tower without merging.
Tr621
Regular Guay

« Reply #467 on: May 17, 2014, 02:00:48 PM »

You do get the ability to merge with this: you still beat Yuga at EP, but you skip the cutscene with sahasrahla after exiting the dungeon.

Even if you could get to Lorule like this, I doubt this would be faster because you would have to re-buy all three items because of dying.

"I once stored a quick draw on my sword without de-equipping the bottle in my hand in an attempt to bottle dupe over sword. Didn't work." - nathanisbored, 2013

----

lol us da beg key
Squirelofjustice
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #468 on: May 17, 2014, 02:40:33 PM »

Yes King because on that file, I have the Master Sword and the other 2 pendants, but no pendant of courage. I said 10-15 because I did take into account that you need to buy them back, but the rupees can be routed out during the running around to get the zora flippers pre-Irene's bell. I would just appreciate it if someone timed the current route vs this route. I suck too badly at this game to do it myself.

edit: Oh and King, you have to beat EP first to get merge. You're just bombing yourself out the entrance/exit afterwards.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 02:45:07 PM by Squirelofjustice » Logged
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #469 on: May 17, 2014, 03:55:04 PM »

As far as I know, Viskiv tested that one out and you end up not being able to progress in Hyrule Castle because you don't have the Pendant Of Courage or something like that. Guards are blocking you or something.

And I did beat ToH without merge before. There's still much to be found before we can do HoG mergeless.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #470 on: May 17, 2014, 05:04:49 PM »

I know you get the merge from the first dungeon, but you just proved that the first dungeon could be done after getting the MasterSword instead of first.
The only thing stopping this from happening is the Wind Dungeon.
Squirelofjustice
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #471 on: May 19, 2014, 08:55:45 PM »

Well I guess I still haven't ever discovered anything on my own if Viskiv already did this, but I will see what I can do concerning mergeless HoG. Let's get this done guys!!!
Squirelofjustice
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #472 on: May 20, 2014, 02:46:55 AM »

I testing all possible bombrodding areas in the second room for 3 hours today and so far nothing... I can't believe that the first of the two merges (more than likely going to be the most difficult to find a skip for) is the difference between Lorule without pendant of courage and Lorule with pendant of courage  Angry I'm still not giving up Grin
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #473 on: May 20, 2014, 06:37:17 AM »

How many merges are even needed in the wind temple?
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #474 on: May 20, 2014, 08:16:56 AM »

Without Boots, there are a few places that require merge:

Second room, to reach Bubbles room.
Reaching the switch that spawns the 3rd Small Key (Before Miniboss)
Going through the lower level of the pre-Boss room to reach the final Small Key

You could skip either one of the last two by finding a setup for the old skip that doesn't require merging the wall to line up the Armos.
Tr621
Regular Guay

« Reply #475 on: May 20, 2014, 09:42:11 PM »

I testing all possible bombrodding areas in the second room for 3 hours today and so far nothing... I can't believe that the first of the two merges (more than likely going to be the most difficult to find a skip for) is the difference between Lorule without pendant of courage and Lorule with pendant of courage  Angry I'm still not giving up Grin

You can't bombrod in Gales because the floors are loaded separately, unlike in Hera, where the entire dungeon is loaded at once.

"I once stored a quick draw on my sword without de-equipping the bottle in my hand in an attempt to bottle dupe over sword. Didn't work." - nathanisbored, 2013

----

lol us da beg key
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #476 on: May 20, 2014, 10:16:27 PM »

Let me rephrase my message.
Without boots, how many merges are needed?
Squirelofjustice
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #477 on: May 21, 2014, 04:00:49 AM »

Tr621: I've been trying to bombrod through the fence looking floor similar to the Turtle Rock BK skip.
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #478 on: May 21, 2014, 07:18:08 AM »

Let me rephrase my message.
Without boots, how many merges are needed?
Without Boots, there are a few places that require merge:

Second room, to reach Bubbles room.
Reaching the switch that spawns the 3rd Small Key (Before Miniboss)
Going through the lower level of the pre-Boss room to reach the final Small Key

You could skip either one of the last two by finding a setup for the old skip that doesn't require merging the wall to line up the Armos.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 07:19:59 AM by RheaultWnage » Logged
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #479 on: May 21, 2014, 11:39:25 PM »

While searching for some HoG mergeless glitches, I came across a new potential use for Bombrodding. By just doing a Bombrod under the cage flooring in the dungeon, I noticed something interesting:

I didn't really notice it at first (cause it was happening so fast), but Bombrodding was actually partially clipping Link into the floor above him. I thought I would be able to activate the switch, but it didn't work. BUT, if hearts/stamina bottles/monster guts were on the floor above him, he would pick it up. In theory, this should be able to work with small keys as well!

I personally don't know of any locations where this could be used, but maybe someone here does!  Smiley

EDIT: Another interesting note about this too. If there is an enemy/pot/switch or just anything that can be affected by an item above you, you usually can't hit it by just laying down a bomb or using the tornado rod. But a Bombrod will hit the thing above you. This also could lead to some kind of skip
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 12:42:35 AM by Weegeechan » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: