ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:30:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 616276 times)
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #360 on: March 20, 2014, 09:08:31 PM »

So, i'm not sure if this is known or not but I found a way to do the portal death warp on any portal. It was first found in Kakariko where you go into the portal (Sahasrahla's) and then merge off the building into the hole in Lorule and then get warped back to Kakariko.

To do it on any portal is really easy. Just go into a portal and then once in Hyrule/Lorule, use an enemy to clip into the portal you came out of and just fall into the void. Link will respawn in either Hyrule/Lorule depending on what side you came from.

I also have no idea if this is useful in any way but I'm guessing...it's not? lol
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 09:10:09 PM by Weegeechan » Logged
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #361 on: March 21, 2014, 12:18:24 AM »

I also found a bunch of useless Hyrule Castle glitches (but still rather neat). I found out that it's possible to stand on the paintings on the walls (soldier ones)

I accidentally landed on it by doing a bomb boost too early. Once I landed on it I wasn't able to move from that spot. You can walk and T-rodding works but he hits the ledge above him. The only item that wouldn't work were the bombs.

I also found that it's possible to stand on the little ledges in Hyrule Castle

You have to get early item rental first so you can use the tornado rod when there is still friendly soldiers. There are 3 soldiers in total that are in the side rooms that make it possible. Each of them are standing up against the ledges and standing behind them and t-rodding pushes Link on to the ledges.
Drawkel
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #362 on: March 21, 2014, 09:19:29 AM »

I don't know if anyone has discovered this, but I found a different dash cancellation in the House of Gales. Sorry for the awful photo quality.

I was doing a run and I'm not very practised with the small key skip with the tornado rod skip so I got frustrated and tried dashing around here and crossed over. Although, after I finished my run, I went back to this spot to try attempting it again in the general area shown in the photo above and I couldn't do it. I kept dashing across the area for a few hours and managed to get it to work again (It's not in the same area as the other optimal dash cancellation) it seems to be on a very few amount of pixels for it to work. I was just wondering if we could possibly implement it into runs sometime, it would save about three minutes. Shocked
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 09:22:32 AM by Drawkel » Logged
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #363 on: March 21, 2014, 05:49:14 PM »

I don't know if anyone has discovered this, but I found a different dash cancellation in the House of Gales. Sorry for the awful photo quality.
I was doing a run and I'm not very practised with the small key skip with the tornado rod skip so I got frustrated and tried dashing around here and crossed over. Although, after I finished my run, I went back to this spot to try attempting it again in the general area shown in the photo above and I couldn't do it. I kept dashing across the area for a few hours and managed to get it to work again (It's not in the same area as the other optimal dash cancellation) it seems to be on a very few amount of pixels for it to work. I was just wondering if we could possibly implement it into runs sometime, it would save about three minutes. Shocked
That does sound like a great find! Me and a few others tried to reproduce it but we had no luck doing so. Did you manage to pull it off only twice, or did you find a more consistent setup/visual?

You can also use Miiverse to take screenshots of your 3DS screens. Smiley
Anwonu
Regular Guay

« Reply #364 on: March 21, 2014, 06:26:07 PM »

Drawkel, if you ever manage to do it again in a fresh file, please post this location: http://i.imgur.com/yKG3TqW.png
That will show the fans still working and you past them. Should be enough to prove it's possible.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 06:27:40 PM by Anwonu » Logged
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #365 on: March 21, 2014, 08:27:23 PM »

Maybe it has to do with the stairs collision, and that's why it's only possible there.
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #366 on: March 22, 2014, 03:48:52 AM »

Undeadfil found a new glitch maybe 1 hour ago. In a dungeon (and probably anywhere not outside), if you use Irene Bell's and quickly pass through a door that changes the room, Link will fall out of bounds. Depending on the door, the place where he respawns may vary, so something useful could come out of this.

We're currently testing a bunch of doors everywhere to see what happens. Nothing has been found yet.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #367 on: March 22, 2014, 04:36:20 AM »

So basically, you have to use Irene's Bell quickly as your about to enter another room? Is it pretty frame perfect or close to it at least?

EDIT: Or do you only have to use the bell outside the door, then run into it?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 04:41:09 AM by Weegeechan » Logged
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #368 on: March 22, 2014, 04:52:07 AM »

EDIT: Or do you only have to use the bell outside the door, then run into it?
This. Get close to the door, stop moving. Use Bell then move towards the door.

EDIT: Roadagain found this on youtube. Lol le troll.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 05:11:57 AM by RheaultWnage » Logged
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #369 on: March 22, 2014, 06:32:42 AM »

Interesting, no boss fight without the girl.
Could get the boss key early but seems like it would be slower.

----------------
Where do you even respawn at?
Is it random? Is it next to a random door?
Sounds easy enough, that I'll try this myself.

edit: Not easy unless if I'm doing something wrong, or it only works at certain doors.
I walked next to the door, stopped, I used the bell, and ran full speed.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 06:45:54 AM by KingOfHeart » Logged
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #370 on: March 22, 2014, 06:41:37 AM »

You usually respawn at the door. Results vary depending on the door. Anwonu found out how to reach the Turtle Rock Big Key with it (skips a small key) but it's slower overall (and way harder).

For Thieves, we found how to access the Eyegores room, get the small key and leave without fighting them. Still have to time to know if it's worth it. (Need to get 100 rupees chest in water room to even out the rupees lost.)
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #371 on: March 22, 2014, 06:52:22 AM »

Is this glitch hard to do? So far nothing is happening for me.
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #372 on: March 22, 2014, 07:21:03 AM »

Skipping the Eyegores fight is actually longer than doing the dungeon glitchless, by a good 15 seconds. Sad

EDIT: I'll just leave these here for now.

http://www.twitch.tv/rheaultwnage/c/3931062

http://www.twitch.tv/rheaultwnage/c/3931070
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 10:12:21 AM by RheaultWnage » Logged
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #373 on: March 22, 2014, 10:20:03 AM »

Wow, so much exploration.
Hoping for a video of the bell glitch soon, just so I can see how to perform the glitch myself.
UndeadFil
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #374 on: March 22, 2014, 01:10:26 PM »

I'll get on that. I persist to believe that we should keep testing it on every possible door to see if it can be useful somewhere.

EDIT:

http://www.twitch.tv/undeadfil/c/3931736

http://www.twitch.tv/undeadfil/c/3931743

http://www.twitch.tv/undeadfil/c/3931762

http://www.twitch.tv/undeadfil/c/3931773

http://www.twitch.tv/undeadfil/c/3931783
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 02:01:25 PM by UndeadFil » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: