ZSR Forums
April 20, 2024, 08:16:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 625758 times)
Anwonu
Regular Guay

« Reply #300 on: February 21, 2014, 04:27:52 AM »

So, after the desert skip was found, some people suggested other portals, and eve nthe one from Skull Woods. While Weegeechan already showed that he could clip into it, and that he couldn't t-rod up there, I think there's still a chance that it can work.

First of all, I want to show my theory/hypothesis/whatever you want to call it (not proven, I didn't program the game to know for sure) about how the desert skip works (at least, the "why such a small area to walk" part): http://imgur.com/VhkFtzp
IMG 1 is basically how the desert portal is: ground south, void inside walls, and the portal itself. Since you must be merged when going through portals, there must be some walls inside it as well, drawn in red. If you're merged, you'll activate the Hyrule-Lorule cutscene; but if not, they're just walls.
In gray, we have Link's hitbox, and the position is after you clip inside. Since you're over the walls, there's still ground around it (at the very least, under the walls themselves, but might have some between walls as well, but it's not important).
So, while you're OoB, if you walk slowly back to the "normal" ground, you'll realize the walls will give a little push a bit before your hitbox is completely outside. And that's where the desert portal explanation lies: once you walk a little bit left or right, the opposite wall will push you outside, making you fall OoB. That's why we have so little space to walk.

That explained, let's go back to Skull Woods portal (IMG 2).
First of all, the ground inside the pillar isn't a void probably because it was easier to keep all of it as ground.
Weegeechan said that there was an invisible wall that pushed him to the right. That's explained with the theory as well: once you go a little bit to the right or to the left, you're pushed by the walls.
So, what I want to suggest is what some already suggested before, and I want to go back to it again: after clipping, move directly north without being pushed to either side. Once far enough, use t-rod to see if we can get on top of it (turn before using, like in desert skip?).

I'd want to test myself, but Snapdragons are a bitch to use to clip the portal. Weegeechan said that took him a while to clip as well. I wasn't able to clip it yet.

Edit: OK, so I could clip a few times. This clip is stranger, though, because either we get clipped only on the right side (and very slightly on the left, but end up being pushed back, since we're not clipped far enough), or the left wall is more insistent than the right one. After clipping, doesn't matter if I walk slowly or to the left, I always get pushed to the right, like Weegeechan mentioned.
However, there was one time where I was still in the middle (I think) and using t-rod blocked me. Turning obviously pushed me to the right again, so yeah, that didn't work very well.
So either we find a way to keep in the middle, or find a magic spot on the right side. Neither sounds easy =p
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 06:15:07 AM by Anwonu » Logged
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #301 on: February 21, 2014, 06:31:03 AM »

I'm thinking the walls in the Woods have a thicker border at the very bottom because the wall is curved. So odds are, 1 pixel to the right or left probably results in an instant push.

Maybe someone who's skilled with the bomb blast can do it for keeping themselves straight.

--------------
BTW, any videos yet for bomb ledge boosting? I tried lots of times and so far I either took damage from my bomb or leaped off a split sec before the explosion and never got hurt.
One time, I did do some slight leap explosions but never managed to get up.
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #302 on: February 21, 2014, 06:43:03 AM »

BTW, any videos yet for bomb ledge boosting? I tried lots of times and so far I either took damage from my bomb or leaped off a split sec before the explosion and never got hurt.
One time, I did do some slight leap explosions but never managed to get up.
http://www.twitch.tv/viskiv/b/504794999?t=2m07s

The timing is really tight, most probably frame perfect.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #303 on: February 21, 2014, 07:38:24 AM »

Throwing the bomb is a requirement? In most of my tests, I just placed it down.
Guess I'll just keep practicing for now.

edit: Managed to do it once so far.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 03:39:00 AM by KingOfHeart » Logged
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #304 on: February 22, 2014, 06:14:22 PM »

@Anwonu: That is an extremely good theory! I don't see why that would be wrong in any way. Even though you couldn't get on top yourself, I'll definitely keep messing around with this and hopefully find a way to get on top. If anyone can manage to get on top even once and take a pic we could work off of that.

@King: You always have to make sure the bomb is a bit in front of you like in that video or else Link won't make it onto a ledge. I noticed though that sometimes it's possible to just have the bomb off to the side but close enough to Link to be able to hurt him and you can still make it onto a ledge.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 01:32:10 AM by Weegeechan » Logged
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #305 on: February 23, 2014, 08:23:38 AM »

I managed to get myself a bit more straight for the Forest portal. I tried the bomb method but I think I gave myself too much of a blast because for the second blast I went all the way through the other side.

Before you try the Skull Woods version, just try to do the light world first as it's not too hard to get inside.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #306 on: February 24, 2014, 06:13:36 PM »

So after messing around with the portal in Lost Woods, I have a better understanding of how it works. I did manage to get inside the crack, and like Anwonu said, you hit a ceiling. Now, I'm not sure if it's possible to get through the ceiling if Link is facing a certain way or not, but i'll be testing this out more.

I also found a way to tell if your in the portal crack or not. Once you get pushed inside, it's best to t-rod to see if you got in, and if Link falls out of the pillar, he didn't. But if he hits a ceiling, you know you are inside. If you use your ice rod after and keep inching forward really slowly, you can tell if you have gotten pushed out or not. If the floating ice chunk moves to the right at all, you are no longer inside the crack. It seems to be a much smaller area to move around in compared to other portals, but it definitely seems like Anwonu's portal theory is true.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #307 on: February 24, 2014, 08:16:50 PM »

I found a little something extra too. Fences act just like ledges in which you can do a bomb jump boost on to them. I didn't think of trying it until now and I already found something neat. I did a BJB on to the fence beside the blacksmith's and was able to get into the pond beside Kakariko.

Swimming from the blacksmith side into the kakariko side pushes Link into the wall with the map scroll. He might fall into void and get stuck infinitely. If you have a fairy and die, he can come back to life in the pond again.

I also found a neat glitch technique that lets Link use t-rod while in water. If you swim to a place where you can fall into void, and dive almost into the void and mash your t-rod, link should be able to t-rod as he surfaces before falling to his doom.

KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #308 on: February 24, 2014, 11:34:55 PM »

I found a little something extra too. Fences act just like ledges in which you can do a bomb jump boost on to them.
So, we can get inside the rupee game just south of Kakariko Village for free, then, right?

Also, even though it most likely has no purpose, but assuming you can throw all the chickens out of the fenced area(The cocoo game)

If so, cool!
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #309 on: February 25, 2014, 01:15:59 AM »

There's actually no ledge to perform a bomb jump in that area to get on a fence Tongue But ya, that would be interesting to mess around with
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #310 on: February 25, 2014, 10:55:44 AM »

Shame but I wonder if you can get into the rupee game like this...
http://youtu.be/wlKK3WbpHwY?t=2m24s
UndeadFil
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #311 on: February 28, 2014, 05:00:26 PM »

I've been trying to get on the sides of the bridge near the entrance of Lorule Castle, but no luck yet. Maybe from there it MIGHT be possible to find a way to clip inside the castle (and skip seven dungeons) so I guess it would be a great idea to get on that. I have tried bringing enemies from far away because the closer ones don't cooperate. The farther moblin doesn't try to attack you when he's too far away from his spawn point. I managed to have him stuck in the small alcove between the weather vane and the corner, but I haven't been able to get up from there using the Tornado Rod. I have the weird feeling that it must be possible though.

Anyone willing to try? Maybe with the huge goriya thing I dunno...
ed58
Deku Scrub

Link and Epona 4Ever

WWW Email
« Reply #312 on: February 28, 2014, 06:36:44 PM »

I've messed around with this a while back. But I believe a clip has been found to get decently close to the loading zone. (There is a video of it somewhere) However, the developers seemed to put invisible walls around most of it. So it's most likely not possible as of now.

Wii64+PauseBufffering=Wet Dreams
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #313 on: February 28, 2014, 07:45:56 PM »

Here's the Lorule Castle OoB:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiGyBfcUG3E

Idk why, but I feel like this hasn't been tested with enough. I don't see why it would be impossible to get in to the loading zone. When clipping into the Kakariko house, it's possible to get into both loading zones. (but I could be totally wrong as I haven't tested this myself) I wish this game had save states xD
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #314 on: March 02, 2014, 01:26:45 AM »

I've been wondering for a while if the Tornado Rod Lifting technique is possible with any enemy. I've only seen people use it with Armos/Gargoyles but I was wondering if it is do-able with something like a Moblin or Soldier?

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/albw/techniques/tornado-rod-lifting

Does anyone know if it is or not?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: