ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:03:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 616446 times)
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #285 on: February 14, 2014, 12:42:01 AM »

Based on your positioning after t-rodding, my way of doing it is different. I do small, small nudges till I reach the point.

That's where I come out after T-rod
Teague
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #286 on: February 14, 2014, 01:47:45 AM »

So, I just found a true desert palace skip.

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzRf_48ICJA_cQY
https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzRf_93gTdsDSkW
https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzRgABNQhmYD-1G
https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzRgAG_AGOzWmrs

You can clip into the portal with a moblin. I recommend using the moblin to the right with a spear and have him follow you there seeing as he doesn't move once he gets into that area. Once you clip inside, stop moving the circle pad as soon as possible or else you'll fall into void. There's a certain spot inside where you can t-rod but it's not exactly certain what spot yet. More testing and messing around with this is required.

You can walk around the cliff to the boss area, and activate it Cheesy

Nice find!
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #287 on: February 14, 2014, 03:25:49 AM »

You also proved my earlier theory for the statue in a sense.

How hard would you say this glitch is to do?
Anwonu
Regular Guay

« Reply #288 on: February 14, 2014, 04:24:53 AM »

Moderately hard, but can be consistent.
Easier than HoG skip IMO. But also a run/race ender if you fail too much, which can happen.

Video: http://www.twitch.tv/anwonu/c/3718621
To spawn boss, you need to go close to the north wall before dropping.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #289 on: February 14, 2014, 09:00:46 AM »

Any other advice on how to move once clipped inside.
I barely touch the control stick once stuck, and instantly fall.
You're desc on twitch is confusing.

Also, when I make myself stuck and don't move the moblin rehits me. How come he didn't hurt you when his stun wore off? Did you move a pixel since then?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 09:03:54 AM by KingOfHeart » Logged
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #290 on: February 14, 2014, 09:24:17 AM »

Any other advice on how to move once clipped inside.
I barely touch the control stick once stuck, and instantly fall.
You're desc on twitch is confusing.

Also, when I make myself stuck and don't move the moblin rehits me. How come he didn't hurt you when his stun wore off? Did you move a pixel since then?
What I do:

- Align the Moblin, stun him
- Place Link as close to the Moblin (South of it) as possible, take damage as soon as the stun effect is gone
- Hookshot right away
- Walk Link so his hitbox is in the exact same place as the Moblin's
- Do NOT touch the control stick while Link's invincibility wears off. If placed correctly, he'll get pushed into the crack without you having to move
- From there, the Moblin usually doesn't hit me. If he still does, try moving north just barely. Like, as little as you can.

- Now the hardest part. Take out the Ice Rod and Tornado Rod. Starting here, you will only advance by slightly tapping the stick. SLIGHTLY
- Have Link facing north, charge the Ice Rod. The thing you want to keep in mind from that point is that the Ice Rod mark can have 2 different horizontal positions, which we will call left and right.
- If the mark is left, then you're close to falling off the left side, so you want to tap the stick up and SLIGHTLY right.
- If the mark is right, tap straight up. Because the 3DS stick is a bit hard to use perfectly, most of the time straight up will result in up and slightly left. If you so the mark going back left, then adjust yourself.
- If the mark has been right for a long period, you might be getting too far right and about to fall off that side, so be careful and try adjusting a bit to send the mark left for a moment.

- You want to make your way like that until the mark has moved 2 spaces north from the one it originally was at.
- Once you're there, it's time to Tornado Rod. Simply using the TRod won't get Link through the "ceiling" of the wall.
- To get through it, you will have to turn Link so he faces either left or bottom left AND use the Tornado Rod at the same time / just barely after doing so. (Might need some more testing)

Viskiv also found a setup where you use bombs instead of IRod to setup yourself. Place bomb, grab it, then wait at the last moment and throw it. The blast will push Link back straight north. Do it twice and you're deep enough. The timing seems rough though.

Also, that skip is possible to use in 100%. You can take the portal north of the boss area, do the palace backwards (all doors are only locked from one side, so you can go through them) until the autoscroller miniboss room. Wait until all tiles are dead, then exit the room from where you came and re-enter. The game will act as if you beat that room before, lower the bridge and spawn the green portal. You can then go back to the first half of the palace and backtrack some more until you reach the Mitts. It's probably not the fastest way.

Fastest way might be to do the palace normally until you reach the halfway exit, warp using Irene. Then, when you come back later with upgraded sword and stuff, do the skip and beat the boss.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #291 on: February 14, 2014, 10:27:12 AM »

Now, that is a great desc. I guess if I fail now, then I just need a lot more practice.
I did manage to learn how to make Link walk a bit slight without the ice rod, but once I lost view of Link, I couldn't figure out if I was still moving or not.
When I get a chance again, I'll try the ice rod method.

With the bomb method, if your timing is a split sec off, do you instant fail or do you just get to try again?

edit: I reached the point where I was suppose to use the tornado rod, and tried to turn left and fell.
If I used the tornado rod without turning, would I of fell, or would I been able to try again?
So far I found it a bit easier to keep the ice on the left side, and just slightly nudging north and putting my thumb slightly to the left. In most cases, it stays on the left side for a while and I don't fall. It's a lot more safe since you know to make sure to avoid going left. If the ice is perfectly straight, then you can't tell if you're going right at all.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 10:49:25 AM by KingOfHeart » Logged
Koizata
Deku Scrub

« Reply #292 on: February 14, 2014, 03:24:26 PM »

I would say using the ice rod is the easiest way to align yourself so you won't fall. The way i do it is just slightly tilt the opposite direction on which the ice rod is pointing if left tilt right/up if right tilt left/up. And it seems you can tilt it a little fast and get to the trod hotspot but don't go to fast or you will fall. Also making the ice rod go north twice seems to be the right place for the t-rod but you have to move a little bit up more to get it 100% you can try it a bit earlier but it's risky. And yes facing left/down makes it work when t rodding. Getting into portal is pretty much the same as the others get hit hookshot clip in.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #293 on: February 16, 2014, 02:59:46 AM »

Sweet, you never got ontop.
Now I just have to reproduce this glitch and figure out how I did it.

My first theory is, I never used a wind rod.. so I'm going to experiment with that a while.

edit: really wish I could remember how I did it.

Also when I did get onto and fell off eventually(meaning I pushed the controls)., I fell off on the left side.

I really wanted to dash off the edge but I either did not have the boots or wanted to get as close to the edge as possible.
I'm just curious if it was pure luck, or if there's a single pixel spot where you won't be pushed.
Oh right, I meant to ask this, but do you remember which way Link was facing when you managed to get on top of the portal that one time? That could really help in finding out a strategy to get on it easily. It could be exactly like the DP skip I found, where you have to face down and left to get on top of the ledge.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #294 on: February 16, 2014, 03:52:09 AM »

No clue.
It's very possible as I have not tried down + left yet.
Could also be possible that somehow I walked perfectly straight and performed it as I flew up.
So far all the portals are working exactly the same.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #295 on: February 19, 2014, 11:02:07 PM »

So while trying to find some new glitch techniques, I actually managed to. I found an entirely new way to get on top of ledges which requires you to  get hurt from one of your bombs as you jump off. It's like the crow jump boost (which might I add, works with anything that hurts you) except instead of flying far, you'll get a boost from whatever side the bomb hit you from. It's extremely useful as it requires no crow or even an enemy to hit you which I think will lead to some new skips for sure.

With this new technique, I've found a whole bunch of new OoB areas never found before. Some of them include actually getting into the moat of Hyrule Castle. 

you can even get off to the side of the castle by walking around on the ledges

You can even get inside Treacherous tower, (which is actually merge-able strangely enough)

But very interesting OoB I found also had to do with Hyrule Castle. If you throw a bomb from where I am in this picture:

then do a bomb jump boost, you can get on that ledge. You can walk around to the one side of the castle and I think that it's probably possible to get on top.

If somebody can figure out a way to get on top of the castle from there, it might be possible to access the dungeon early! I'd really like to see if someone can find some new skips with this!

Viskiv
Deku Scrub

« Reply #296 on: February 20, 2014, 12:15:05 AM »

I found the first application for it, something for 100%. There was a HP by Swamp requires big bomb that we used to do a skip for, but this is a much faster way.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #297 on: February 20, 2014, 05:23:34 AM »

Wow, one step closer to an early dark world then.
Speaking of which.. any clue if you could get to the desert before entering the dark world?
I always wondered if they left those portals in, or if all portals are disabled until later.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #298 on: February 20, 2014, 07:56:24 PM »

Wow, one step closer to an early dark world then.
Speaking of which.. any clue if you could get to the desert before entering the dark world?
I always wondered if they left those portals in, or if all portals are disabled until later.
No, i'm pretty sure it's not possible. I found a portal clip that let's you get on top of the cliff right next to the desert palace, but walking off the screen yields nothing. There are no loading zones in the area that take you to the desert palace in the first place, so trying to go to the left just makes you fall into void no matter where you go.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 07:58:36 PM by Weegeechan » Logged
ExtraTricky
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #299 on: February 21, 2014, 12:51:06 AM »

I think Weegeechan gave a good explanation of why Desert shouldn't be possible without going to Lorule. Map/room transitions all seem to be based on loading zones (and as evidenced by the Eastern Palace boss key skip, it seems that doors have loading zones behind them at all times like in most of the 3D games). So in order to go from room A to room B, it is generally likely that you need to be able to make that transition without glitches, but you are likely to be able to bypass prerequisites.

What I don't understand, however, is how the game decides whether pots should respawn in a room of a dungeon. When I was practicing the Eastern Palace boss key skip, I found that you can cause the pots to start respawning in the boss door room by entering the boss door room from the boss door room. The way to do this is to go to the (for example) upper right door once you're on the wall. Then there's a few things that you can do.

1) Walk very slowly and drop essentially straight down once the wall ends. This will cause you to hit the normal door loading zone and walk into the neighboring room (this is what we did for the Desert Palace B2 skip).
2) Walk very fast and run into the next room. This will hit a map transition loading zone before hitting the door loading zone and you'll probably see the screen transition to the neighboring room, then you hit the door loading zone on the other room and walk back into the boss door room.
3) Walk somewhere in between. There's another loading zone that you can hit which I was thinking of as the door of the next room, but in the boss door room's map. If you do this, you'll see Link walk back into the boss door room through the door when you fall down without any screen transitions happening. This is what causes the pots to start respawning. It also causes pots to _stop_ respawning in the neighboring room if you do only normal screen transitions from then on.

I found this glitch pretty useful for practicing the boss key skip since it allowed me to get a lot of hearts very consistently. Maybe someone can figure out a good explanation of how it works. Also, enemies still don't respawn in the boss door room. Therefore, we know that pots are not enemies!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: