ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 09:47:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 617023 times)
Hitaka
Regular Guay

Phoenix

« Reply #165 on: December 08, 2013, 11:17:36 AM »

I mentioned in the irc the other that someone didn't have their stamina energy bar on Zelda Universe. They posted back with proof

http://bruceaking.com/Z.JPG
The hearts are moved over to make room for the gauge. It's there, it's just invisible for some reason.

Life itself is that which is eternal.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #166 on: December 08, 2013, 12:32:40 PM »

I just messed around a bit

How to skip the Energy Bar:
Go to the eastern palace location and trigger the cutscene with the bow pillars.
Return to Ravio, pick the wrong option. (anything except bow)
Get at least 10 rupees.
Get gameover.

Ravio will ask you if you want to lend the bow *AGAIN*, even though you never had it. My guess is that no matter which option you pick in the dialog earlier, the game sets the flag that lets you lend the bow after a game over.

So pay 10 rupees, get the bow, leave. You won't get a tutorial for the energy bar or anything. You can return to Ravio and he'll ask you which symbol you saw again. pick bow, and you'll get the bow again, on top of the one you already have. you can't have 2.

You'll still have limited energy. You just won't see it.

Picture: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6440063/albw/skip_energy_bar.jpg

Edit:
By doing this, you'll skip the Energy Bar explanation.
You will also not have to do the conversation outside of eastern palace, you can walk right in. the sage isn't there.

Edit2:
Interesting side-effect after beating Eastern Palace:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6440063/albw/when_one_isnt_enough.jpg

Edit3:
By telling Ravio that you saw the Bow symbol after beating the eastern palace, Osfala will appear at the entrance so that you can go back and do the dialog after beating the dungeon.
It is possible to do this until Ravio opens up shop in your house. After having the dialog with Osfala, the first Sahasrahla will disappear from Kakariko Village.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 01:34:58 PM by CloudMax » Logged

Hitaka
Regular Guay

Phoenix

« Reply #167 on: December 08, 2013, 01:06:27 PM »

Cloudmax also found a thing where if you soft reset (R+L+Start) during a room transition inside a building/dungeon, the game crashes. It's hilariously easy to do and 100% consistent.

Life itself is that which is eternal.
FriiedPorkchop
Deku Scrub

« Reply #168 on: December 08, 2013, 07:23:22 PM »

I timed the energy bar glitch, it turns out to be 10 seconds slower than going through the cutscenes normally. Also if you get the stamina scroll with that glitch active, the energy bar will reappear but you will get a visual glitch were the hearts and energy bar will overlap on screen.

I also discovered an interesting glitch using the pegasus boots. If you start to charge up a dash at same time you fall of a ledge (this only works with ledges you can run off, it doesnt work with ledges that you jump off) you can charge up a dash in midair. I tried to test whether you could dash in midair but couldnt find any ledge that was high enough. I tried it in the cave to rosso's ore mine but my charging got cut off in midair. If you transition between floors it also cancels the charge. I'm wondering whether anyone can think of any extremely tall ledges to try this of off.
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #169 on: December 08, 2013, 08:12:55 PM »

Small time saver in Desert Palace. After the room where you have to push 3 statues on switches to open a door, when you go through that door you end up back in the first room of the Palace, and Link stands directly on a switch, which pushes the right wall back to reveal an hidden staircase. The thing is we never actually use that staircase, so the switch is useless and the animation wastes time.

But, in the previous room, if you dash towards the bottom left after placing the last statue (I place the top one last), Link will go straight into the doorway, and when he comes out in the other room he won't be standing on the switch, meaning you can avoid pressing it and skip the useless animation. Smiley

EDIT: Also, another thing I forgot and that might not be known by everybody, when breaking a portion of the floor with a bomb, you can stand directly on the breakable part, be in range of the bomb explosion and still not take damage from it.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 09:21:39 PM by RheaultWnage » Logged
Cluck
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #170 on: December 13, 2013, 05:27:44 AM »

Made a vod showing my setups for the first couple keys in ice ruins. The damage boost on the second is consistent 100% of the time, and if you hit the enemy a little more straight on than I did you slide right through the door.

edit: I guess I could link it, lol. http://www.twitch.tv/xcluck/c/3386078
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #171 on: December 13, 2013, 06:15:03 AM »

That Hookshot trick is pretty neat, I think it's 1 cycle earlier than my own "early cycle" strat with the Fire Rod. Tongue I'm not sure about the penguins boost though. Ennemies are pretty brutal in Ice Ruins, and taking a 2 damage hit on purpose when you have 7-8 hearts might not be the best idea for everyone. If you can go with it though, then great! Smiley

EDIT: I actually gave the penguin damage boost a try, and it turns out it's pretty beast! Tongue You can light the torches slow and steady (sort of) because you know you WILL take a hit, but you decide which penguin hits you and it shoots you straight out of danger. After that, if you know the Ice Ruins well enough, it's pretty much smooth sailing until the miniboss room, before which you can heal with fairies if you're missing 2 hearts or more.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 07:15:27 AM by RheaultWnage » Logged
Cluck
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #172 on: December 13, 2013, 06:33:01 PM »

EDIT: I actually gave the penguin damage boost a try, and it turns out it's pretty beast! Tongue You can light the torches slow and steady (sort of) because you know you WILL take a hit, but you decide which penguin hits you and it shoots you straight out of danger. After that, if you know the Ice Ruins well enough, it's pretty much smooth sailing until the miniboss room, before which you can heal with fairies if you're missing 2 hearts or more.
I think it's worth the 2 hearts because it's so much faster than trying to kill/avoid penguins. The only real concern to me is not having enough hearts for the mini boss, like you said, because the big peng doesn't get knocked back with a sword slash. I'm probably going to look for a good setup for him tonight, i think fire rod might be a thing.

Anyway, glad you liked it. I might make some more vids like this, i enjoy finding these little strats more than glitch hunting, so i'm redirecting my focus.
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #173 on: December 13, 2013, 07:15:05 PM »

Merging is always a good idea when you're in trouble and cornered during that miniboss fight. I also kill the antifairy before starting the fight, that sucker is way too strong and annoying to be left alive. Plus, once I've gotten the Key in the chest west of that room, I can just dash straight across most of the two rooms to reach the next section, without having to watch out for the antifairy killing me.
Teague
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #174 on: December 14, 2013, 08:11:24 AM »

Just another quick timesaver in House of Gales! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYuKd5Kn2DA

EDIT: Thought I discovered this but it looks like someone else did before me, not sure who though...
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 11:56:32 PM by Teague » Logged
Cluck
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #175 on: December 14, 2013, 08:07:05 PM »

most likely useless, but I wanted to show it off anyway. You can clip through the ceiling if you dash at an angle on the same frame the screen transfers.

http://www.twitch.tv/xcluck/c/3393567
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #176 on: December 14, 2013, 10:08:51 PM »

Really small time saver in the Desert Palace. In the Titan's Mitt room, after filling it with sand, you can reach the platform with the floor switch using the Sand Rod a single time.

When you unmerge, Link will "jump" far enough to land on the platform. Also, if you tap up to face the north wall as soon as you've unmerged, you can prepare the next sand wall (north-south one) with the Sand Rod right away, before going to press the floor switch, which once again saves a bit of time compared to doing an east-west one.

There you go, Desert Palace is now 3 seconds shorter. Smiley
Bamboocha
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #177 on: December 15, 2013, 01:16:39 AM »

You can get to the Death mountain weather vane by crossing the bridge next to it from the left side. This is possible by using the skull enemy to push you slightly in the rope so you can hookshot to the other side. It is very easy to do and saves about 20 seconds when going to Ice Ruins.
The screenshot shows the position but it's even possible on the bottom, because you only have to get slightly pushed to the side by the skull and hookshot just auto-targets for some reason.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #178 on: December 15, 2013, 03:42:05 AM »

I'm wondering how to trigger the Desert Temple boss.
In my game, I went through the entire dungeon, got the boss activated, and purposely died.

I did the portal glitch and the boss is not activated. Does it only activate if you drop down, or does it only activate if you enter through the portal on the north side.
Volvagia
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #179 on: December 15, 2013, 01:16:55 PM »

I'm wondering how to trigger the Desert Temple boss.
In my game, I went through the entire dungeon, got the boss activated, and purposely died.

I did the portal glitch and the boss is not activated. Does it only activate if you drop down, or does it only activate if you enter through the portal on the north side.

I'd imagine it's coming through the portal that is the flag for it, perhaps dropping down.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: