ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 02:31:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 616307 times)
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2013, 07:44:51 AM »

I found an obvious timesaver in Thieves Den. At the end of the room with the Master Ore, you're supposed to leave Thief Girl on the red blocks, then go around til you get to the other side of the wall where you can raise the blocks. Instead though you can just leave a bomb next to the earlier switch, then run to the blocks and raise them instantly. Then you can have Thief Girl walk across the wall to the exit of the room. (This might need double checking the make sure Thief Girl can make it to the blocks in time, but it might still be faster even if she can't)

I've used this every time I've done the dungeon. Just put the Thief Girl on the blocks, tell her to stay, then do the bomb thing and run back to her. That's how I've always done it. I don't even know what the intended solution to that puzzle is XD
doommaker
Special Guay

The DoomJump....The most hated name of all time.

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2013, 02:02:58 PM »

If you hold "R" (a shield is required) while swimming and then walk onto land it will clip link into the ground for a split second.
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be able to clip through walls.

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2013, 02:44:08 PM »

The Hookshot clipping seems very interesting. It looks like as if the chain actor of the hookshot get pushed out of objects just like any other actor (enemies, link, etc.)
Should be possible to do this with enemies as well, can't really think of a place where this could be used from the top of my head. The game is so open, rarely anything blocking your path.

Also, for the weird wrong warp, I am pretty sure that as long as you do not touch the ground and stand on a surface, the game will bring you back to the last zone you entered and actually stood in. that's why you get sent back to hyrule in the vid above.

I found an obvious timesaver in Thieves Den. At the end of the room with the Master Ore, you're supposed to leave Thief Girl on the red blocks, then go around til you get to the other side of the wall where you can raise the blocks. Instead though you can just leave a bomb next to the earlier switch, then run to the blocks and raise them instantly. Then you can have Thief Girl walk across the wall to the exit of the room. (This might need double checking the make sure Thief Girl can make it to the blocks in time, but it might still be faster even if she can't)

You can also Spin Attack thru the wall where the block raise to avoid using bombs at all. I've always brought here over on the wall and used a spin attack to raise it. Should be faster to use a spin attack in case she can't make it over in time for the bomb.

Quote from: Jerry23dr
Another small timesaver: When heading back to Hyrule through the portal by the Vacant House, if you stay merged to the wall and head around the house, you can skip talking to Sahasrahla.
Pretty sure you don't even have to go around the house. I went a very, very small distance to the right (to the diagonal wall) before I exited the wall and I didn't trigger any kind of dialog.
This isn't really supposed to be a forced dialog anyway, since you can return to hyrule from other locations.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 03:05:25 PM by CloudMax » Logged

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2013, 05:28:22 PM »

Also, for the weird wrong warp, I am pretty sure that as long as you do not touch the ground and stand on a surface, the game will bring you back to the last zone you entered and actually stood in. that's why you get sent back to hyrule in the vid above.

That isn't quite correct. If you start in Lorule, attach yourself to the wall, leave to Hyrule, you can pop off the wall, merge back and finally void out in Lorule, you will respawn where you first merged with the wall in Lorule.

That is Hyrule -> Lorule without touching the ground, spawn at your entrance into Kakariko in Hyrule
Stand on Lorule -> Hyrule -> Lorule without touching ground, spawn where you merged.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Teague
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2013, 06:58:24 PM »

I tried everything I could today to skip the little section in Eastern Palace after you beat Yuga.  If you try to deathwarp you just end up back in the boss room with no Bow.  I tried bringing in a Scoot Fruit too but the devs thought of that and it won't allow you to use it there Sad
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2013, 07:13:15 PM »

That isn't quite correct. If you start in Lorule, attach yourself to the wall, leave to Hyrule, you can pop off the wall, merge back and finally void out in Lorule, you will respawn where you first merged with the wall in Lorule.

That is Hyrule -> Lorule without touching the ground, spawn at your entrance into Kakariko in Hyrule
Stand on Lorule -> Hyrule -> Lorule without touching ground, spawn where you merged.

Well, if the game remembers the spot you merged at as the last position you stood on, it'd make sense for it to put you back there if you void out in that same area, wouldn't it?
However, if you were to void out in Lorule but haven't actually stood anywhere in lorule, it would want to send you back to where you last stood in Hyrule, correct?
However, this doesn't seem to be the case. It's the same when you clip through portals and void out.
So I did some testing.

Warp to Link's House, enter and exit house, then portal clip. You'll notice that you respawn at your last position.
Now go down south and then west to the portal which leads you to the desert. Portal Clip. You'll notice that you respawn at the entrance, not where you were standing.
I did the same at Death Mountain Mines, I did a portal clip, link spawned where he was previously standing. I went to Lorule, did the clip again, Link respawned where he was standing.

So, now for the theory. Zones are flagged to behave differently. Some zones use your last position, while others just use the last entrance. Kakariko may very well be a zone that use the entrance.
All zones which have voids or swimmable water seems to use position instead of entrance. The only exception that I know of is outside Link's House. You appear at the position you were standing instead.

So this "wrong-warp" could very well just be returning you to the proper position from voiding, and in kakariko that would be the entrance.

It's a theory at least.

Volvagia
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2013, 09:45:05 PM »

I tried everything I could today to skip the little section in Eastern Palace after you beat Yuga.  If you try to deathwarp you just end up back in the boss room with no Bow.  I tried bringing in a Scoot Fruit too but the devs thought of that and it won't allow you to use it there Sad

Tried this the other day and sadly found the same results... was very surprised at the scoot not working though.
Fasch
Deku Scrub

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2013, 03:29:45 AM »

Here are some of the tricks i've found over the past several days..

Big Bomb Early - You don't need a shield, but it is faster... Also doesn't work with moblin I believe, or on the bottom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk8-IYUsBzg

Thieves Hideout - 100% Time Saver that needs upgraded bombs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIQgUG1KeXQ

Double Jump - You can use items for a few moments after your death, although probably useless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWGpHKVqOEo

Stand in Midair - You can do things like this during cutscenes, but looks useless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHPHVQTZOxk

"Wrong Warp/Void Warp" - Useless, but quirky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI4WAiE_DsQ

Swamp Palace - 100% Time Saver that needs upgraded bow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PZdyNhCzEI

Boot Slide - Momentum glitch that could possibly be used in places outside of the mine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja8326UW_xI

Alternative Clip Method - Using the hammer allows you to be pushed through gaps too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xc6kkTRNMw

FriiedPorkchop
Deku Scrub

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2013, 03:59:19 AM »

I found a weird stair clip in the first boulder cave on the death mountain. If you run at a diagonally up the first stairs in the cave, you will run through the side railing. This can be bad if you don't have the bombs or hammer because you can get yourself stuck where the only way to continue is to reset the game.

You can also bypass some of the small pits in that cave with Fasch's slide momentum glitch.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 04:07:21 AM by FriiedPorkchop » Logged
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2013, 04:22:39 AM »

Here are some of the tricks i've found over the past several days..

Double Jump - You can use items for a few moments after your death, although probably useless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWGpHKVqOEo

Does anyone think we could use this to gain some height so we can get out of bounds in the desert after clipping through a fissure (I think it was GreenaLink who posted a photo of a normal t rod use not gaining enough height), and possibly skip half or almost all of the Desert Palace?

Also Fasch in the description you said we could maybe skip skull woods with this. How do you suppose it's possible?
Fasch
Deku Scrub

« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2013, 04:25:31 AM »

Also Fasch in the description you said we could maybe skip skull woods with this. How do you suppose it's possible?
If you can figure a way to use the hookshot in the air, then it would probably allow you to grab onto a tree
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2013, 05:43:57 AM »

In House of Gales there's a miniboss where you have to fight over half a dozen of those fire skull things. Does anyone know what the fastest way to kill them is?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Teague
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2013, 05:55:42 AM »

In House of Gales there's a miniboss where you have to fight over half a dozen of those fire skull things. Does anyone know what the fastest way to kill them is?
The fastest way is to make them fall into the crevass.  They bounce in the same way everytime.  As soon as you enter the room go down left walkway and pegasus boots towards the end.  You should see 7 or 8 of them grouped up in the right corner which you can get all in 1 gust.
Fasch
Deku Scrub

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2013, 07:01:31 AM »

Two more tricks I found on Death Mountain

Death Mountain Descent - Useless, but it does show that some terrain does actually have collision to stand on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm82zUoko_M

Glitched Painting - Some areas on ledges allow you to merge on them, even though it is unintended and gives you this result
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azlc2O_fIRY

Edit: Heres another trick near Eastern Palace
Out of Bounds - Uses a ledge to get up and merge a little higher up on the wall, I really think this has potential in other areas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKZCOqmAea4
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 09:05:24 AM by Fasch » Logged
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2013, 07:24:21 AM »

Does anyone think we could use this to gain some height so we can get out of bounds in the desert after clipping through a fissure (I think it was GreenaLink who posted a photo of a normal t rod use not gaining enough height), and possibly skip half or almost all of the Desert Palace?

It wasn't because the T Rod wasn't high enough, it's because there is a solid ceiling when going OoB. I got a video of this and you can clearly hear a sfx of Link hitting a ceiling when using the T.Rod.

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: