ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:51:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 616264 times)
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2013, 04:32:03 PM »

Greenalink found this yesterday but the boss doesn't load correctly.  If you can find a way to enter and exit the room before the boss from there, it would probably skip the whole dungeon but that seems unlikely.

I do have a similar idea for skull woods skip though.  If you can clip into the tower with the portal in skull woods then use tornado rod to pop out on the top, you might be able to just walk on the upper ledge straight to the painting.  Unfortunately there's very few enemies to work with there but I'm hoping someone else will play around with this and possibly get somewhere.
This also works with the hookshot which is probably the better item choice since it's actually useful in more than one place.

Ahh, I didn't notice his post about it because it was barely mentioned. And I was so hyped when I did that clip the first time, heh.
I also tried some in skull woods. I doubt it is possible, unless I am utterly unlucky, or it is extremely precise. Every time I try to clip using the Snap Dragons that're there, I get pushed left or right. Could be because of the route surface, and the fact that the enemies are smaller (I believe?).

Has anyone managed to clip with any of these stone pillars? would most likely be easier to try with some big enemies first to see if it actually works.

Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2013, 11:36:28 PM »

USELESS sequence break, early Desert Palace boss area,  Now with a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ6zsrIZU9U&feature=youtu.be

Also I managed to go OoB to the right side of Lorule Castle's entrance. The method is a bit different as it involves clipping into the blue web(?) and then performing a dash to bounce back and land on top of the bridge part.

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2013, 11:44:37 PM »

USELESS sequence break, early Desert Palace boss area,  Now with a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ6zsrIZU9U&feature=youtu.be

Also I managed to go OoB to the right side of Lorule Castle's entrance. The method is a bit different as it involves clipping into the blue web(?) and then performing a dash to bounce back and land on top of the bridge part.

This is useless indeed.
I *rediscovered* the trick this morning. However, did you try dying in the boss area?
You can choose to respawn at the dungeon entrance. (surprising considering that you're still able to fly away when in the boss area)

Which means that it is possible to enter the Desert Palace without the Sand Rod, which I find very interesting.
You just get the Scroll to walk on the wall to the southwest portal without the rod, then do the portal clip into the boss area, kill yourself, and respawn at dungeon entrance.

This is the only way to reach the dungeon entrance, and get to the save point without beating Thieves'.

Volvagia
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2013, 06:34:37 AM »

FaschZ found this earlier;

Boot Slide (Pegasus Momentum Glitch):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja8326UW_xI&feature=youtu.be

hoping it'll work for somewhere in ice palace at the moment
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2013, 11:55:25 AM »

FaschZ found this earlier;

Boot Slide (Pegasus Momentum Glitch):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja8326UW_xI&feature=youtu.be

hoping it'll work for somewhere in ice palace at the moment
There is a faster way to do this (though the path I take use what's seen in the video above)

From the top, take the normal path to the 3rd platform.
As soon as you get to the 3rd platform, walk to it's bottom edge and charge to the right. A platform will be moving north and you can land on it.
If you do this right after entering the cave the platforms will by synched on the very first cycle, so you do not have to wait around. You do not need to slide, you keep momentum on this platform.
Note that the platforms start moving when you first step on one after entering the cave. so after activating them, you have to exit the entire cave to get the correct cycle. If you just re-enter the room they'll still be moving.
When you reach your 4th platform, wait for it to move south. When it's done moving, start charging and activate the slide to keep momentum. You'll land on the very last platform just before the exit. Even if you were to land right on top of a keese (which has happened to me), you should not get pushed off the platform.
This way you stand on a total of 5 platforms (that last one being right at the exit, you just walk off of it), and only need to stand and wait once on one platform for about  2-3 seconds.

This is the fastest path that I know. there may be some diagonal movement that ends up saving more time, but I haven't found one yet.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 12:06:02 PM by CloudMax » Logged

Volvagia
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2013, 01:58:47 PM »

I'm aware of that... but the point of Faschz's video isn't the fact he saves time in the lava tile room but the slide itself.

You keep all your momentum which is an oversight by Nintendo, we can use this to get across void's were not supposed to. Normally when charging, you only go across the distance of one tile... Providing Link has height above whatever it is he's trying to land on, you can slide and make the distance without the game forcing you to lose momentum when you go off an edge.

A use for this, and it's so close to working, but the angle is stupidly tight it seems - Ice Palace switch press: In the room where you get the boss key in ice palace if you slide off the platform and go for the switch when the platform is raising you come stupidly close to landing on the switch... If you hit that switch you'll skip pretty much the entire Ice Palace if you can land there. It's stuff like this that the slide is useful for...

However if the platforms are in sync for the slide in the lava tile room for the first entrance, I'm guessing the slide is actually faster than the tile skip... someone should time this...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 05:59:13 PM by Volvagia » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2013, 02:42:20 PM »

A use for this, and it's so close to working, but the angle is stupidly tight it seems - Ice Palace switch press: In the room where you get the boss key in ice palace if you slide off the platform and go for the switch when the platform is raising you come stupidly close to landing on the switch... If you hit that switch you'll skip pretty much the entire Ice Palace if you can land there. It's stuff like this that the slide is useful for...
I spent a lot of time in the Ice Palace the other day trying to do that as well.
There are a number of times where you can get very close to reaching locations early with Pegasus Boots.
In the Main Room of B1 you can almost reach the upper section of the room by using pegasus boots from the platforms.
When the block in this same room is removed, you can almost reach the Left Upper Section of B2.
If any of these were possible you could save a lot of time in the dungeon.
And like you mentioned, in B4 you can almost reach the switch that's down to the right.
There was another location where a floor platform is removed where you can almost pegasus boots to a location early, can't remember where it was though.

It's annoying how close it is to working in so many locations.

Edit:
It is possible to clip into portals with smaller enemies. At least it is possible with chuchus, the ones I tried it with.
And I were running around with pegasus boots today and Link ran straight thru an acute angle. It's located directly south of the vacant house, all the way at the bottom by a cliff edge. Link will be able to pass thru it like 50% of the times.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 05:12:12 PM by CloudMax » Logged

Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2013, 09:12:38 PM »

Had another idea of skipping Desert Palace but it looks like natural based terrain functions a little differently than man made terrain (think houses and mosaic pillars)
It's not possible to go OoB, use tornado rod and then pop up & land on top of the natural terrain.

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2013, 10:06:17 PM »

Had another idea of skipping Desert Palace but it looks like natural based terrain functions a little differently than man made terrain (think houses and mosaic pillars)
It's not possible to go OoB, use tornado rod and then pop up & land on top of the natural terrain.

Yeah, for some reason the Tornado Rod doesn't actually go high enough to reach the next cliff level, unlike buildings. I can't see any noticable difference in the height, but I guess there's a small difference.
Also, even though that didn't work, it was pretty damn clever to attempt going to the boss area from the north to get to the top of the boss room. I spent a long time trying to think of something, and never thought about coming from the area in the north.

Would be interesting if we actually managed to get up on an OoB cliff to see how the game handles screen transitions and such in cases like these.

Vortex
Regular Guay

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2013, 11:52:54 PM »

I've been tinkering about at the beginning of the game to see if I can manage to skip the cutscenes showing Gulley running around. I've discovered what seems to be useless.

When running with an object (a pot or shrub, haven't tried bombs yet) into a corner, throwing the object forces Link to move back. Kind of like a bomb explosion moving you back. I've only just found it out tonight, and I'm almost 100% positive it's useless.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone else do some testing? I've barely finished the game, and I've a lot of school work to do. Can anyone else see if this will allow us to clip through things?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 02:48:13 AM by Vortex » Logged

"Uh, Max? I don't think we're getting out of this cave." - Arin, Game Grumps
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2013, 02:02:08 AM »

hookshot through walls found by chubfish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jcFAQMT4KQ

this looks really promising, someone find something with this.  Should work with enemies too but probably harder.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Volvagia
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2013, 02:41:02 AM »

Weird void warp from Lorule to Hyrule found by FaschZ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI4WAiE_DsQ

Early switch in Swamp Palace with upgraded Bow idea by Me, ZFG and FaschZ and recorded by FaschZ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PZdyNhCzEI
Teague
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2013, 04:50:01 AM »

Small timesaver in Hyrule that people probably already know about: when you are headed to Zora's domain the first time there is a Zora looking across the cliff that you must merge with to cross.  He will chat with you if you pop out right after you cross; if you keep going along the wall to the next screen you can skip that conversation and the trigger for it will be gone.
Jerry23dr
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2013, 05:42:39 AM »

Another small timesaver: When heading back to Hyrule through the portal by the Vacant House, if you stay merged to the wall and head around the house, you can skip talking to Sahasrahla.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2013, 07:11:22 AM »

I found an obvious timesaver in Thieves Den. At the end of the room with the Master Ore, you're supposed to leave Thief Girl on the red blocks, then go around til you get to the other side of the wall where you can raise the blocks. Instead though you can just leave a bomb next to the earlier switch, then run to the blocks and raise them instantly. Then you can have Thief Girl walk across the wall to the exit of the room. (This might need double checking the make sure Thief Girl can make it to the blocks in time, but it might still be faster even if she can't)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: