Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 611468 times)

Offline ZFG

• Mega Guay
  • also pheenoh <3
Re: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2013, 06:02:08 PM »
hookshot through walls found by chubfish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jcFAQMT4KQ

this looks really promising, someone find something with this.  Should work with enemies too but probably harder.
I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.

Offline Volvagia

• Regular Guay
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2013, 06:41:02 PM »
Weird void warp from Lorule to Hyrule found by FaschZ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI4WAiE_DsQ

Early switch in Swamp Palace with upgraded Bow idea by Me, ZFG and FaschZ and recorded by FaschZ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PZdyNhCzEI

Offline Teague

• Regular Guay
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2013, 08:50:01 PM »
Small timesaver in Hyrule that people probably already know about: when you are headed to Zora's domain the first time there is a Zora looking across the cliff that you must merge with to cross.  He will chat with you if you pop out right after you cross; if you keep going along the wall to the next screen you can skip that conversation and the trigger for it will be gone.

Offline Jerry23dr

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2013, 09:42:39 PM »
Another small timesaver: When heading back to Hyrule through the portal by the Vacant House, if you stay merged to the wall and head around the house, you can skip talking to Sahasrahla.

Offline Paraxade

• Special Guay
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2013, 11:11:22 PM »
I found an obvious timesaver in Thieves Den. At the end of the room with the Master Ore, you're supposed to leave Thief Girl on the red blocks, then go around til you get to the other side of the wall where you can raise the blocks. Instead though you can just leave a bomb next to the earlier switch, then run to the blocks and raise them instantly. Then you can have Thief Girl walk across the wall to the exit of the room. (This might need double checking the make sure Thief Girl can make it to the blocks in time, but it might still be faster even if she can't)

Offline Hornlitz

• Regular Guay
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2013, 11:44:51 PM »
I found an obvious timesaver in Thieves Den. At the end of the room with the Master Ore, you're supposed to leave Thief Girl on the red blocks, then go around til you get to the other side of the wall where you can raise the blocks. Instead though you can just leave a bomb next to the earlier switch, then run to the blocks and raise them instantly. Then you can have Thief Girl walk across the wall to the exit of the room. (This might need double checking the make sure Thief Girl can make it to the blocks in time, but it might still be faster even if she can't)

I've used this every time I've done the dungeon. Just put the Thief Girl on the blocks, tell her to stay, then do the bomb thing and run back to her. That's how I've always done it. I don't even know what the intended solution to that puzzle is XD

Offline doommaker

• Special Guay
  • The DoomJump....The most hated name of all time.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/doommaker10000
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2013, 06:02:58 AM »
If you hold "R" (a shield is required) while swimming and then walk onto land it will clip link into the ground for a split second.
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be able to clip through walls.

Offline CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
    • CloudModding
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2013, 06:44:08 AM »
The Hookshot clipping seems very interesting. It looks like as if the chain actor of the hookshot get pushed out of objects just like any other actor (enemies, link, etc.)
Should be possible to do this with enemies as well, can't really think of a place where this could be used from the top of my head. The game is so open, rarely anything blocking your path.

Also, for the weird wrong warp, I am pretty sure that as long as you do not touch the ground and stand on a surface, the game will bring you back to the last zone you entered and actually stood in. that's why you get sent back to hyrule in the vid above.

You can also Spin Attack thru the wall where the block raise to avoid using bombs at all. I've always brought here over on the wall and used a spin attack to raise it. Should be faster to use a spin attack in case she can't make it over in time for the bomb.

Quote from: Jerry23dr
Another small timesaver: When heading back to Hyrule through the portal by the Vacant House, if you stay merged to the wall and head around the house, you can skip talking to Sahasrahla.
Pretty sure you don't even have to go around the house. I went a very, very small distance to the right (to the diagonal wall) before I exited the wall and I didn't trigger any kind of dialog.
This isn't really supposed to be a forced dialog anyway, since you can return to hyrule from other locations.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 07:05:25 AM by CloudMax »

Offline mzxrules

• Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2013, 09:28:22 AM »
Also, for the weird wrong warp, I am pretty sure that as long as you do not touch the ground and stand on a surface, the game will bring you back to the last zone you entered and actually stood in. that's why you get sent back to hyrule in the vid above.

That isn't quite correct. If you start in Lorule, attach yourself to the wall, leave to Hyrule, you can pop off the wall, merge back and finally void out in Lorule, you will respawn where you first merged with the wall in Lorule.

That is Hyrule -> Lorule without touching the ground, spawn at your entrance into Kakariko in Hyrule
Stand on Lorule -> Hyrule -> Lorule without touching ground, spawn where you merged.
Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.

Offline Teague

• Regular Guay
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2013, 10:58:24 AM »
I tried everything I could today to skip the little section in Eastern Palace after you beat Yuga.  If you try to deathwarp you just end up back in the boss room with no Bow.  I tried bringing in a Scoot Fruit too but the devs thought of that and it won't allow you to use it there :(

Offline CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
    • CloudModding
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2013, 11:13:15 AM »
That isn't quite correct. If you start in Lorule, attach yourself to the wall, leave to Hyrule, you can pop off the wall, merge back and finally void out in Lorule, you will respawn where you first merged with the wall in Lorule.

That is Hyrule -> Lorule without touching the ground, spawn at your entrance into Kakariko in Hyrule
Stand on Lorule -> Hyrule -> Lorule without touching ground, spawn where you merged.

Well, if the game remembers the spot you merged at as the last position you stood on, it'd make sense for it to put you back there if you void out in that same area, wouldn't it?
However, if you were to void out in Lorule but haven't actually stood anywhere in lorule, it would want to send you back to where you last stood in Hyrule, correct?
However, this doesn't seem to be the case. It's the same when you clip through portals and void out.
So I did some testing.

Warp to Link's House, enter and exit house, then portal clip. You'll notice that you respawn at your last position.
Now go down south and then west to the portal which leads you to the desert. Portal Clip. You'll notice that you respawn at the entrance, not where you were standing.
I did the same at Death Mountain Mines, I did a portal clip, link spawned where he was previously standing. I went to Lorule, did the clip again, Link respawned where he was standing.

So, now for the theory. Zones are flagged to behave differently. Some zones use your last position, while others just use the last entrance. Kakariko may very well be a zone that use the entrance.
All zones which have voids or swimmable water seems to use position instead of entrance. The only exception that I know of is outside Link's House. You appear at the position you were standing instead.

So this "wrong-warp" could very well just be returning you to the proper position from voiding, and in kakariko that would be the entrance.

It's a theory at least.

Offline Volvagia

• Regular Guay
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2013, 01:45:05 PM »
I tried everything I could today to skip the little section in Eastern Palace after you beat Yuga.  If you try to deathwarp you just end up back in the boss room with no Bow.  I tried bringing in a Scoot Fruit too but the devs thought of that and it won't allow you to use it there :(

Tried this the other day and sadly found the same results... was very surprised at the scoot not working though.

Offline Fasch

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2013, 07:29:45 PM »
Here are some of the tricks i've found over the past several days..

Big Bomb Early - You don't need a shield, but it is faster... Also doesn't work with moblin I believe, or on the bottom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk8-IYUsBzg

Thieves Hideout - 100% Time Saver that needs upgraded bombs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIQgUG1KeXQ

Double Jump - You can use items for a few moments after your death, although probably useless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWGpHKVqOEo

Stand in Midair - You can do things like this during cutscenes, but looks useless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHPHVQTZOxk

"Wrong Warp/Void Warp" - Useless, but quirky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI4WAiE_DsQ

Swamp Palace - 100% Time Saver that needs upgraded bow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PZdyNhCzEI

Boot Slide - Momentum glitch that could possibly be used in places outside of the mine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja8326UW_xI

Alternative Clip Method - Using the hammer allows you to be pushed through gaps too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xc6kkTRNMw

Offline FriiedPorkchop

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2013, 07:59:19 PM »
I found a weird stair clip in the first boulder cave on the death mountain. If you run at a diagonally up the first stairs in the cave, you will run through the side railing. This can be bad if you don't have the bombs or hammer because you can get yourself stuck where the only way to continue is to reset the game.

You can also bypass some of the small pits in that cave with Fasch's slide momentum glitch.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 08:07:21 PM by FriiedPorkchop »

Offline Hornlitz

• Regular Guay
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2013, 08:22:39 PM »
Here are some of the tricks i've found over the past several days..

Double Jump - You can use items for a few moments after your death, although probably useless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWGpHKVqOEo

Does anyone think we could use this to gain some height so we can get out of bounds in the desert after clipping through a fissure (I think it was GreenaLink who posted a photo of a normal t rod use not gaining enough height), and possibly skip half or almost all of the Desert Palace?

Also Fasch in the description you said we could maybe skip skull woods with this. How do you suppose it's possible?

Offline Fasch

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2013, 08:25:31 PM »
Also Fasch in the description you said we could maybe skip skull woods with this. How do you suppose it's possible?
If you can figure a way to use the hookshot in the air, then it would probably allow you to grab onto a tree

Offline mzxrules

• Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2013, 09:43:57 PM »
In House of Gales there's a miniboss where you have to fight over half a dozen of those fire skull things. Does anyone know what the fastest way to kill them is?
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.

Offline Teague

• Regular Guay
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2013, 09:55:42 PM »
In House of Gales there's a miniboss where you have to fight over half a dozen of those fire skull things. Does anyone know what the fastest way to kill them is?
The fastest way is to make them fall into the crevass.  They bounce in the same way everytime.  As soon as you enter the room go down left walkway and pegasus boots towards the end.  You should see 7 or 8 of them grouped up in the right corner which you can get all in 1 gust.

Offline Fasch

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2013, 11:01:31 PM »
Two more tricks I found on Death Mountain

Death Mountain Descent - Useless, but it does show that some terrain does actually have collision to stand on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm82zUoko_M

Glitched Painting - Some areas on ledges allow you to merge on them, even though it is unintended and gives you this result
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azlc2O_fIRY

Edit: Heres another trick near Eastern Palace
Out of Bounds - Uses a ledge to get up and merge a little higher up on the wall, I really think this has potential in other areas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKZCOqmAea4
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 01:05:24 AM by Fasch »

Offline Greenalink

• Special Guay
  • DS Dictator
    • Greenalink's Youtube page
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2013, 11:24:21 PM »
Does anyone think we could use this to gain some height so we can get out of bounds in the desert after clipping through a fissure (I think it was GreenaLink who posted a photo of a normal t rod use not gaining enough height), and possibly skip half or almost all of the Desert Palace?

It wasn't because the T Rod wasn't high enough, it's because there is a solid ceiling when going OoB. I got a video of this and you can clearly hear a sfx of Link hitting a ceiling when using the T.Rod.
New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).

Offline Paraxade

• Special Guay
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2013, 11:37:55 PM »

Offline SweetJohnnyCage

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2013, 06:32:53 AM »
Has anyone tried out using the Scoot Fruit to get out of Eastern Palace after the boss fight? Costs 50 Rupees at Kakariko Village. Not sure if getting it would be a complete waste of time.

Offline Hornlitz

• Regular Guay
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2013, 06:44:50 AM »
at least 2 people have, and it doesn't work. The devs thought of that D:

Offline Paraxade

• Special Guay
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2013, 09:38:02 AM »
For the eyes in skull woods and lorule castle, it definitely seems faster to continuously throw them and pick them up rather than just carrying them the whole way.

Pretty sure it's faster to just keep hookshotting them... has anyone tested?

Offline zT DeFuZeD

• Deku Scrub
  • Hero of the Triforce
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2013, 10:12:17 AM »
For second eye in Skull woods, grab the master ore first, then cross in front of the chest to get to other side of it. Then you can hookshot the eye to you on that ledge, and use the grates to skip walking it back through the enemies and the slow moving platforms.  ;D
"May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

Offline Volvagia

• Regular Guay
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2013, 11:29:39 AM »
Pretty sure it's faster to just keep hookshotting them... has anyone tested?

I have. It is faster. ZFG posted this before I told him to do that.

Offline mzxrules

• Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
Braid

Offline quo

• Regular Guay
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2013, 02:01:54 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSX18Kep5v0

Reminds me of oot... anyways, new way of portal clipping w/ a cucco does't require tornado rod, and  loading zones are accessible without going through the door :D

Now to only find a useful place to do it...

Offline CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
    • CloudModding
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2013, 02:18:31 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSX18Kep5v0

Reminds me of oot... anyways, new way of portal clipping w/ a cucco does't require tornado rod, and  loading zones are accessible without going through the door :D

Now to only find a useful place to do it...

You rarely need the Tornado Rod. I don't think I've seen a single clip that actually does need it. (Though greenalink most likely has done some weird clipping that uses it)
Tornado Rod is Used to Lock the NPC in place and squeeze yourself inbetween it and the portal to clip. This isn't necessary though. You could just lock the enemy in place by other means, like hookshot and boomerang, get damaged by something to gain invincibility (you can use the enemy to get invincibility before stunning it), then walk right thru it toward the portal, when the invincibility is gone the collision is turned back on and you'll get pushed into the portal. I can imagine that this is actually possible without stunning at all, but more difficult since the enemy has to stand in place until you clip.

Since you're throwing the Cucco you can position yourself at the portal and have it land on top of you, pushing you into the portal by its collision, removing the need of invincibility and stunning.
It's awesome that this actually works, I didn't really expect it too. If anything, I'd expect the Cucco to clip into the portal instead of you, or just land behind you.
I'm also very surprised by the fact that this game uses loading zones behind doors and not having the actual doors as the transition trigger. (Mainly because that's how it works in skyward sword)

Offline Paraxade

• Special Guay
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2013, 03:59:26 PM »
Ha, that's awesome. I spent a long time trying to glitch inside the shed with the painting in Thieves' Town and couldn't get it to work, but the fact that they actually put loading zones behind doors in this game means there's hope! :P

Offline Vortex

• Regular Guay
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2013, 04:38:15 PM »
So I was messing around with the glitch found by quo, and I discovered another clippable area. Does this mean we can clip into other walls/areas with the cucoos?

Check out my video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GARXoOMuybE&feature=youtu.be

EDIT: You can use my glitch to gain access to Sahasrahla's locked house in the beginning of the game, but it does nothing. He does not offer dialogue to go to the EP early, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 05:01:17 PM by Vortex »
"Uh, Max? I don't think we're getting out of this cave." - Arin, Game Grumps

Offline Hornlitz

• Regular Guay
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2013, 05:25:30 PM »
So, I was trying to find a way to get into the painting room of Thieves' early, and I found that the entire house there is hookshotable. If we could find a way to shoot the hookshot through, could we potentially hookshot onto the door and enter the loading zone?

Offline Paraxade

• Special Guay
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2013, 05:49:40 PM »
Two more shortcuts, Swamp Palace this time.

http://www.twitch.tv/parax0/c/3318670
http://www.twitch.tv/parax0/c/3318676

edit: There's a really easy/obvious sequence break in Dark Palace. In the boss door room there's a switch on the left side that you're supposed to hit by navigating to the top level of the room and then merging with the wall. Instead you can just stand under it and use the Ice Rod. This skips a small key + the miniboss fight. (the key in the left room is by far the most time-consuming one to pick up, that is definitely the one that should be skipped)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 12:31:03 AM by Paraxade »

Offline CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
    • CloudModding
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2013, 01:54:20 AM »

edit: There's a really easy/obvious sequence break in Dark Palace. In the boss door room there's a switch on the left side that you're supposed to hit by navigating to the top level of the room and then merging with the wall. Instead you can just stand under it and use the Ice Rod. This skips a small key + the miniboss fight. (the key in the left room is by far the most time-consuming one to pick up, that is definitely the one that should be skipped)

That first skip, I remember doing that. This is why I was so very confused by http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PZdyNhCzEI
I thought that I were just imagining things since it required the upgraded bow.
Just to confirm, is this possible with the hookshot? I believe I did use the hookshot? Could just remember it wrong though, since I use Hookshot for almost everything.
Can't go back and make sure, because I have no file at Lorule atm that haven't done that room, I believe my brother has done half of the dungeon as well, which is right after that room.

Also, I guess this is common sense and all but you can get the big key the first time you enter the main room.
Use Pegasus Boots to charge over to a corner of the platform the chest is on, then use Ice Rod or Tornado Rod to remove the Fire around it, and grab the key.
I'm not sure how you're supposed to take it normally, but I assume it involves raising and lowering water or something, so I assume this would be faster?

Also:
[11:17] <@CloudMax> I just noticed in the swamp palace that if you dive while over stairs that are placed under water, you clip right thru them, but link pop up instantly when he start to surface while under a floor.
[11:18] <@CloudMax> perhaps there's a way to get under the floor by dive clipping into stairs?

Edit:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6440063/albw/swamp_palace_encounter_skip.jpg
The bottom right room on B1. You have to kill all the enemies and have the hookable object move down to where I'm standing.
However, when you enter the room, stand on the edge where you jump down, face south, and use Pegasus Boots. You'll be able to charge over the void since the fence will push you to the right of it if you're standing close enough to the edge.

I realised that this is the exact skip you did in the 2nd video. Sorry about that! Only watched the first vid.

Edit2:
I have no idea if this is anything new, but the hookshotable walls in Swamp Palace, you can hook onto them diagonally and still merge if you do it at a specific position. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6440063/albw/diagonal_hookshot_merge.jpg
This should save a second or two in the room shown in the picture (not much, but it's something)
Also, if you hook the wall seen in that picture diagonally when standing on the stairs it's possible to get dragged along the floor instead of keeping the height with the hookshot. The hookshot is also held incorrectly when aiming on stairs.

I also noticed that there are various doorframes where you can marge to the wall next to the door, from the inside. I haven't found a single location where this could be used to merge onto a wall to skip something, but there may be some place where it is possible. It doesn't seem to work on regular doors? not really sure.
You can easily see which door frames it works on by simply hugging both sides of the door frame when walking thru it. The merge symbol will pop up right before you pass thru to the next room as seen in this picture: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6440063/albw/door_frame_merge.jpg
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 06:35:49 AM by CloudMax »

Offline Volvagia

• Regular Guay
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2013, 06:27:16 AM »

Oh wow at the first skip. We never knew you could shoot over the stairs like that, when we tried we hit the staircase... I guess we were too far up. Nice one though, now we don't need to be concerned about Bow upgrade early in 100%. Probably wouldn't have thought of the second one though, good job!

That first skip, I remember doing that. This is why I was so very confused by http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PZdyNhCzEI
I thought that I were just imagining things since it required the upgraded bow.
Just to confirm, is this possible with the hookshot? I believe I did use the hookshot? Could just remember it wrong though, since I use Hookshot for almost everything.
Can't go back and make sure, because I have no file at Lorule atm that haven't done that room, I believe my brother has done half of the dungeon as well, which is right after that room.

If this is the case, I'll look into it when I go back to Swamp Palace in a bit. It probably does work, I wouldn't be surprised.

Also, I guess this is common sense and all but you can get the big key the first time you enter the main room.
Use Pegasus Boots to charge over to a corner of the platform the chest is on, then use Ice Rod or Tornado Rod to remove the Fire around it, and grab the key.
I'm not sure how you're supposed to take it normally, but I assume it involves raising and lowering water or something, so I assume this would be faster?

ZFG and I have been doing this in runs, I thought everyone was aware of this since I thought it was documented already but yeah, it's possible and it is faster by a few seconds because when you're done in the dungeon, the water level is high enough to get to it... You're supposed to get it at the end before the boss door, which is in that room... so... yeah, it saves like 2-4 seconds at maximum.

Also:
Edit:
Found a shortcut in Swamp Palace.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6440063/albw/swamp_palace_encounter_skip.jpg
The bottom right room on B1. You have to kill all the enemies and have the hookable object move down to where I'm standing.
However, when you enter the room, stand on the edge where you jump down, face south, and use Pegasus Boots. You'll be able to charge over the void since the fence will push you to the right of it if you're standing close enough to the edge.

...Isn't this exactly what Parax just did in his video?

I also noticed that there are various doorframes where you can marge to the wall next to the door, from the inside. I haven't found a single location where this could be used to merge onto a wall to skip something, but there may be some place where it is possible. It doesn't seem to work on regular doors? not really sure.
You can easily see which door frames it works on by simply hugging both sides of the door frame when walking thru it. The merge symbol will pop up right before you pass thru to the next room as seen in this picture: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6440063/albw/door_frame_merge.jpg

FaschZ found out that if you merge above a doorframe (somehow, if this were possible) and drop off the wall above it you hit the loading zone and go to the next room... I'm assuming this is what is happening to you also. We've yet to find a significant use for it as there aren't a lot of doors that allow you to be above with a merge ability... Maybe it'll lead to a small key skip or something eventually.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 06:34:27 AM by Volvagia »

Offline CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
    • CloudModding
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2013, 06:49:32 AM »
...Isn't this exactly what Parax just did in his video?
Yeah.. Just edited my post. Never did watch that 2nd video, lol. Sorry about that.

Anyway, this time I believe I've actually found something new, did a quick seach for desert palace in the threads, nothing came up.
This would most likely be useful in 100% though, if useful at all, because this requires Nice Bombs.

In 2F of Deset Palace, the top right room, you have to navigate some boulders to have them break some blocks.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6440063/albw/sand_palace_%20nice_bomb_timesaver.jpg
However, you can stand where I stand in this picture:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6440063/albw/sand_palace_%20nice_bomb_timesaver2.jpg
and throw the Nice Bomb up there and it will be able to hit the last block, skipping the entire room.
I tried to do it without Nice Bomb for a while, but it was just barely out of range, I also tried using a bomb and sand rod to get up on top of a sand pillar and throw a bomb from there, but I didn't manage to do that either.
It'd save a decent amount of time if it someone could pull it off without a nice bomb.

I'll try to pay more attention to the thread from now on to prevent double-posting stuff.

Edit:
I managed to skip raising the sand on the 3rd floor of the Desert Palace:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6440063/albw/desert_palace_3rd_floor_skip.jpg
I made the statues follow me to the wall and jump into me so that I gained invincibility and had them stand inside of me. Then I used tornado rod to fly up in the air along with them. The statues collision pushed me to the right and I landed up on the ledge. I tried it again after, it wasn't hard at all.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 07:19:20 AM by CloudMax »

Offline Volvagia

• Regular Guay
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2013, 07:03:15 AM »
Yeah.. Just edited my post. Never did watch that 2nd video, lol. Sorry about that.

Anyway, this time I believe I've actually found something new, did a quick seach for desert palace in the threads, nothing came up.
This would most likely be useful in 100% though, if useful at all, because this requires Nice Bombs.

In 2F of Deset Palace, the top right room, you have to navigate some boulders to have them break some blocks.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6440063/albw/sand_palace_%20nice_bomb_timesaver.jpg
However, you can stand where I stand in this picture:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6440063/albw/sand_palace_%20nice_bomb_timesaver2.jpg
and throw the Nice Bomb up there and it will be able to hit the last block, skipping the entire room.
I tried to do it without Nice Bomb for a while, but it was just barely out of range, I also tried using a bomb and sand rod to get up on top of a sand pillar and throw a bomb from there, but I didn't manage to do that either.
It'd save a decent amount of time if it someone could pull it off without a nice bomb.

I'll try to pay more attention to the thread from now on to prevent double-posting stuff.

Thought about this too! I was talking to ZFG and Faschz about it the past few days just none of us had tried it since ZFG and I have been doing Any% and FaschZ has been looking for glitches. Good to know this works though! Nice Bombs are totally worth it now for that dungeon in 100%!

ALSO, in the room with the blocks you're supposed to raise the bombs up to the blocks, if you throw nice bombs up there at them it blows them up without using the rod... This might save a re-equip if you change equipment for something... Also it'll just be faster in general. I'm curious if you can hit the switch with a nice bomb and just skip the entire room now actually...

EDIT: You edited your post and posted a new skip when I was typing this out... just saw your new update for the 3rd Floor Skip.... Nevermind then! haha
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 07:09:43 AM by Volvagia »

Offline CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
    • CloudModding
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2013, 07:56:18 AM »
So, I found a way to skip the Dark Palace Maze.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6440063/albw/dark_palace_maze_skip_1.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6440063/albw/dark_palace_maze_skip_2.jpg

You lure a snap dragon into the corner between the tree and pegs. After that you'll be able to clip slightly into the tree by using tornado rod (or stun it with boomerang after taking damage and walk into the corner).
When you land, use pegasus boots to the right, you'll bounce off the tree and land on the pegs to the left. Then walk on the pegs to the other side, the guard won't be able to see you because you aren't on the same height as him.

Volvagia is throwing together a video for me.

Edit:
Here's the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N5aYaNLJ5E
It doesn't have the guards, but it does show how to do the trick.

Edit2:
In the 2nd room of the dark palace, after the small key spawns, you can grab it with the Hookshot by standing on the right tile that you're supposed to blow up.
In the 1F main room in the top left there's a floor tile you're supposed to blow up after falling down there. You can simply throw a bomb up there instead.
On 2F, the room where you have to blow up the closed windows, you do not actually have to activate any of the switches, the upper right and left one can easily be hit by throwing a bomb.
The lower right one is slightly trickier and most of link has to stand over the void so that you're throwing the bomb straight to the right, where the window is.

All are kinda obvious, but decided to post it anyway.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 08:55:36 AM by CloudMax »

Offline KingOfHeart

• Special Guay
« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2013, 09:36:31 AM »
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GARXoOMuybE&feature=youtu.be
Possible to use this glitch to get in the house with the kissing lady?
That has a dark world portal after all.

Offline Paraxade

• Special Guay
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2013, 09:44:44 AM »
No, you can't use the Hookshot for that Swamp Palace skip. It doesn't reach far enough. You don't need to not have that room completed to try it, just go in and see if you can reach the switch.

ZFG and I have been doing this in runs, I thought everyone was aware of this since I thought it was documented already

It is documented. In the first post. :P There's only two pages, it's not that hard to just ctrl + f to check if something's been found already before posting about it...

Nice Dark Palace stuff though, I just practiced that dungeon last night and didn't think of some of that "obvious" stuff somehow. How would that maze skip be done in a run? Currently I don't think we're getting either a shield or a boomerang, so it might be tough to make that work. Wouldn't be hard to just rent the Boomerang I guess but pushing enemies with the boomerang is so slow...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 09:54:19 AM by Paraxade »