ZSR Forums
April 19, 2024, 12:11:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Get under Hyrule field  (Read 3580 times)
512: loadMemberContext(): member id 1 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /var/www/html/smf1.1/Sources/Load.php
Line: 969
APigthatflys
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: November 23, 2013, 11:09:55 PM »

Im not really sure if this could help anyone or get anything done faster, but while practicing the WESS to Kak for any% and MST, i manged to glitch through the wall a couple times. I didn't think of taking videos or pictures of it, but it essentially is just jump-slashing through what I believe is a 1 pixel gap. It works the same as the navi-less forest escape, and it clip's you into the wall, where you can either go through the wall, under Hyrule Field, or just leave and swim through  the river, and attempt the WESS again.
 I'm not sure if this would ever be useful, since under the map is just some extra water that you can swim around in, and once you either get too close to the river again or too far away, you either get back in the map or fall out of the map respectively.
 Not sure the exact angle or timing of the jump slash, but I'm experimenting with it to see if there really is any usefulness to the glitch. Also not sure if anyone has found this before, since I'm new to the forums and fairly new too speedrunning.
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 02:59:48 AM »

Yeah that happens a lot to people when they are practicing the WESS to Kakariko, and it really isn't useful for anything unless you want to fall OoB and void out for some reason. I always thought it was funny that people accidentally do it so often when, as you say, it actually is a very precise clip  Wink

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
APigthatflys
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 04:17:46 AM »

Yeah that happens a lot to people when they are practicing the WESS to Kakariko, and it really isn't useful for anything unless you want to fall OoB and void out for some reason. I always thought it was funny that people accidentally do it so often when, as you say, it actually is a very precise clip  Wink

Ya. Plus it happened to me twice as well. Tongue I'm still curious if this would be useful for anything other the oob warping. Maybe getting to  the castle during night? Wonder if it would actually go that far, though. Could save a little time, I guess for MST and/or 100%.