ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 02:59:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Any% route discussion  (Read 38484 times)
FriiedPorkchop
Deku Scrub

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2013, 01:11:33 AM »

Also, does anyone know if the lost woods path is set or random?

I believe the first two follow the poe sections are random but the last part is always the same.
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2013, 06:59:40 AM »

Wait, why Gales second?
I originally thought gales first would be better but the convenient 150r in hera seems worth it.  I think its just 1 extra warp vs that 100r chest in the escape of eastern palace.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Cluck
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2013, 05:34:01 PM »

Also, does anyone know if the lost woods path is set or random?
Lost woods seems to be random except for the last one (three poes). That one is always south.

Which is good, because that's the easiest one to mess up.
Vortex
Regular Guay

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2013, 11:43:19 PM »

I'm not entirely sure if upgrading the sword will be worth it, but a lot of the later enemies and bosses do take a lot of hits, and the ores do not take very long to get at all.  Upgrading the sword itself might be about a minute loss.  Will need to be timed but I think it'll be worth it.

Someone really needs to time this. I'm definitely for upgrading the sword to the second level, but-- the third time. I don't really know, is it worth it to get the butter blade? (3rd upgrade) What do you think?

"Uh, Max? I don't think we're getting out of this cave." - Arin, Game Grumps
Chamros
Deku Scrub

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2013, 12:15:20 AM »

Someone really needs to time this. I'm definitely for upgrading the sword to the second level, but-- the third time. I don't really know, is it worth it to get the butter blade? (3rd upgrade) What do you think?

Definitely not, since you'd have to go to the graveyard and do the small dungeon there in Lorule, JUST to get the last Master Ore. I don't see in any way how that can save time just by getting another upgrade on the master sword..
doommaker
Special Guay

The DoomJump....The most hated name of all time.

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2013, 08:45:14 PM »

Noticed this a few days ago...

--- Eastern Palace ---
-- 1F --
Shoot bulb, proceed
Shoot bulb on the left, proceed
Get to the up-left room
First 3 tentacle things, slash them
Get in the middle, spinattack the remaining
Go down, step on the stone to open door, proceed over bridge

Not trying to be mean or any thing but this part is a waste of time.
There are a few other parts in the route like this,not a big deal though.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 08:50:53 PM by doommaker » Logged
Vortex
Regular Guay

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2013, 08:57:09 PM »

Definitely not, since you'd have to go to the graveyard and do the small dungeon there in Lorule, JUST to get the last Master Ore. I don't see in any way how that can save time just by getting another upgrade on the master sword..

Right on! So, the second upgrade must be the only upgrade to get.

"Uh, Max? I don't think we're getting out of this cave." - Arin, Game Grumps
zT DeFuZeD
Deku Scrub

Hero of the Triforce

Email
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2013, 11:06:31 PM »

...That and the master ore from the Dark Palace takes the longest out of the three in dungeons to get, so that one can be skipped as well.

"May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"
Crankeey
Deku Scrub

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2013, 11:50:29 PM »

Are big cutscenes only skippable in hero mode?
Koizata
Deku Scrub

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2013, 12:08:04 AM »

Hey was a little unsure about my route but anyways here it is http://pastebin.com/VvSNPMHF
Any question about route just ask.
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2013, 01:08:09 AM »

Are big cutscenes only skippable in hero mode?

No, thankfully. You can skip any cutscene where the bottom screen turns completely black in normal mode too.
kirbymastah
Regular Guay

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2013, 06:03:13 PM »

After talking to saharasahla, you typically death warp from the slimes outside kakariko. I tried timing this vs attacking the cucco nearby, and it basically comes out to be the same, around 11ish seconds from exiting saharasahla's house to the moment Link dies. But for attacking the cucco to be faster, you'll need good RNG on the cucco attacking patterns; otherwise it'll likely be like a half second slower.

Just random. It'd be awesome if cucco attacks were part of a speedrunning route though ^_^

Also, anwonu tweeted back at me that he thinks just walking back to your house is faster than death warping. Could anyone time this more specifically? ^^;

Anyways, I've been following parax's PB for learning any%, though I should also go through the pastebins in this topic as well; I'll post if I think of anything worth posting about that isn't quite intuitive/known
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 06:06:27 PM by kirbymastah » Logged
akaikee
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2013, 06:08:23 PM »

After talking to saharasahla, you typically death warp from the slimes outside kakariko. I tried timing this vs attacking the cucco nearby, and it basically comes out to be the same, around 11ish seconds from exiting saharasahla's house to the moment Link dies. But for attacking the cucco to be faster, you'll need good RNG on the cucco attacking patterns; otherwise it'll likely be like a half second slower.

Just random. It'd be awesome if cucco attacks were part of a speedrunning route though ^_^

Also, anwonu tweeted back at me that he thinks just walking back to your house is faster than death warping. Could anyone time this more specifically? ^^;

Anyways, I've been following parax's PB for learning any%, though I should also go through the pastebins in this topic as well; I'll post if I think of anything worth posting about that isn't quite intuitive/known

Couldnt you just mash the fuck out of the cucco? Cheesy
And yes i could time deathwarping vs. walking tomorrow if you want. I had to lend my brother the game - huge alttp fan but no money atm Cheesy
kirbymastah
Regular Guay

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2013, 06:18:22 PM »

Yeah exactly, it takes 11 seconds to slash the cucco 10 times and get killed by 3 hits from the attacking ones. It basically comes down to the same time as death warping via the slimes.

Also when timing not deathwarping, i think anwonu mentioned that you also have to take into account the first cutscene at ravio's, or something like that?
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2013, 08:03:17 PM »

I created a new game file, played up that that point and timed all 3 methods this way:

Start timer when you gain control of Link after exiting Sahasrahla's house.
End timer when hitting the transition to the next screen east of Link's house.

And the results were:

Chuchu deathwarp: 30.84
Cucco deathwarp: 31.21
Walking back: 34.45

Now the reason why walking back takes so long is that you get an Irene flying cutscene when entering the blacksmith's house screen. The thing is, if you use the route that goes through the bridge east of Link's house after beating the Eastern Palace and talking to Sahasrahla in front of the castle, you do NOT get that one cutscene. You do get the cutscene where she lands and talks to you, but not the one where she just flies over. So, by deathwarping back from Kakariko, you're skipping a cutscene that lasts about 4-5 seconds. (And you're still not getting the Bell until after the Eastern Palace even if you walk and get that first cutscene.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: