ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:31:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Any% route discussion  (Read 38487 times)
tdutchnick96
Deku Scrub

« on: November 22, 2013, 01:57:04 PM »

« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 07:18:58 PM by tdutchnick96 » Logged

Bo
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 01:23:43 AM »

I haven't finished the game yet, I just wanna post somewhere that if you get the Stamina Scroll from the Ice Ruins, you can skip some of the puzzles leading up to the desert temple. You're supposed to travel between Hyrule and Lorule a couple times and use the Sand Rod to navigate the desert, but with the increased gauge you can just merge with the wall and skip most of it. Dunno if it would save enough time to warrant going out of the way to get the Stamina Scroll or shuffle dungeons around to make it work.

Also someone please please please find a way to regain control of Link after using the Tornado Rod, there would be soo many skips. (getting hit with a bomb doesn't work)
zellpree
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 01:33:31 AM »

With the Lorule route, I would like to see Ice palace, then Desert Palace, followed by Thieves Town, and skull woods.

And there is actually a boss skip in the skull woods, which is interesting, (I think it's a form of clipping with an enemy/boss??)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP-xlpWZgyY
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 09:50:19 PM »

The best lorule route I have come up with so far is

Enter lorule
Thieves town
get ore and complete + a bunch of rupees (as much as 500ish)
south of kakariko, get big bomb
take to swamp
swamp palace
north of swamp to vacant house
hyrule
rent everything from ravio (you would want hammer, bow, tornado rod, bombs and hookshot before going to lorule)
go to the portal in the rocky area of hyrule field
go to dark palace
get ore and complete
vacant house, hyrule, upgrade sword
hera
ice palace, stamina scroll
turtle rock
desert palace
skull woods

Notes:
Thieves town is extremely close to where you start in lorule so it seems like the best option as the first dungeon

Right after Thieves is the closest in the run you'll be to the big bomb place so it seems best to get it now.  Having the titans mitt would make the trip to swamp about 15 seconds faster but would be 2 extra warps + more irene text

After swamp you're pretty close to the vacant house so it's really fast to just go straight up and buy out ravio
Also if you suck, getting the blue mail early on here is nice and costs very little time

After that you're pretty close to the portal closest to dark palace so it seems like a good fit there

I'm not entirely sure if upgrading the sword will be worth it, but a lot of the later enemies and bosses do take a lot of hits, and the ores do not take very long to get at all.  Upgrading the sword itself might be about a minute loss.  Will need to be timed but I think it'll be worth it.

Ice ruins next for the stamina scroll, you'll use ice rod a bunch in turtle rock + the trick parax mentioned so this seems like a good time to do it

Desert palace should be done as late as possible to avoid as much extra irene text as possible, so turtle rock - desert - skull woods seems like the best ending

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
zellpree
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 01:42:21 AM »

One thing that is quite arguable, is the second pouch worth it?

It's not too terribly out of the way (After beating the first dungeon, enter Your House, leave, Go where second pouch is and get it)

I mean, I wouldn't think it would waste more than 40 seconds, and it's pretty convenient.
Volvagia
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 06:52:37 PM »

One thing that is quite arguable, is the second pouch worth it?

It's not too terribly out of the way (After beating the first dungeon, enter Your House, leave, Go where second pouch is and get it)

I mean, I wouldn't think it would waste more than 40 seconds, and it's pretty convenient.

With all the item re-equips you'd do in a run, I'd imagine it's worth it to get it. There's some puzzles in some of the Lorule Dungeons that can be sped up by having the ice rod... having it on the second button for example instead of switching in and out could be helpful when you also need the primary dungeon item on the other button... Granted Ravio's quick equip could hep here, it's inconvenient since you have to actually touch the screen to start it.
Jerry23dr
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 03:46:35 AM »

So what's going to be the fastest route for Pendants then?
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 04:06:07 AM »

I'm pretty sure doing House of Gales and then Tower of Hera is fastest. You'd get Irene's Bell earlier, so that would save time backtracking down the mountain to get to the Lost Woods.
Jerry23dr
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 04:55:14 AM »

Also, deathwarp is definitely faster to getting the bow rather than running back to Ravio
Jerry23dr
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 06:39:05 AM »

I believe it would be faster to do Thieves town then Skull Woods to get Tempered Sword early. Plus they are next to each other.  Would save time?
edit: Also, when going to get tempered sword, you can buy the rods from Ravio.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 09:53:53 AM »

I believe it would be faster to do Thieves town then Skull Woods to get Tempered Sword early. Plus they are next to each other.  Would save time?
edit: Also, when going to get tempered sword, you can buy the rods from Ravio.

This is quite arguable.
If you do Skull Woods 2nd, you'd still have to warp back to Kakariko Village for be Big Bomb (since in zfgs route you'd have to warp back there at some point for Skull Woods).
And there really isn't a good time around here to take a trip to hyrule, since you won't be leaving for Hyrule at all between Skull Woods and Swamp Palace. So you'd have to waste time taking a trip back to hyrule solely for the upgrade. The first good time to upgrade would be after Swamp Palace when you're going for Dark Palace. But this would result in you doing 3 dungeons anyway.
So no matter which route you do, there wouldn't be a good time to go and grab the upgrade before doing a 3rd dungeon. Unless it is actually worth it to take a trip back and forth to hyrule between the Big Bomb just for the sword upgrade, which doesn't seem right.

There is also the question of wether it would actually save enough time to have the sword upgrade 1 dungeon earlier. I don't recall Swamp or Dark Palace having any good use of the sword Upgrade. I can't say for sure though, don't really remember how the boss phases were set up, which is where the biggest difference would end up being.

However, a good thing with doing Skull Woods is that this would mean having the sword upgrade for Dark Palace (and possibly Swamp Palace) instead of Skull Woods. Skull Woods has the Boss Skip, so wether or not you have the upgrade won't make much of a difference in Skull Woods, allowing you to do it early without loosing time over the upgrade.

I may have missed something though.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 10:05:22 AM by CloudMax » Logged

ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 08:15:37 PM »

I've been rethinking the route and I think this looks a lot better than anything else I've seen

start up to pendant of courage
sahasrla
deathwarp
go to eastern area and see the cutscene showing the switches
get the 20r near the armos and deathwarp
bow
eastern + the 100r chest through the right crack at the beginning (120r)
travel to zora's domain, see cutscene of guy running out
kak
pegasus boots and 100r in house next to sahasrlas (220r)
power glove
up to hera
ravio, rent hammer, tornado,bombs, hookshot (80r)
back to hera, finish, get 50r chest and 100r chest (230r)
kak, smooth gem (30r)
witches house, flippers
house, to gales
house of gales
master sword
lorule

thieves town, finish with 450r + master ore
portal to house with lady that gives you hp in hyrule, then portal behind big house back to lorule, skull woods (this is faster than any other portal despite the hp)
skull woods + ore
portal to hyrule in kakariko
blacksmith, upgrade sword
gulleys pouch in the woods
portal south of that area back to lorule
big bomb house
bring big bomb to swamp
swamp palace
north to vacant house, hit vane, portal to hyrule
rent ice, fire, sand rod
hera, ice ruins, stamina scroll
vacant house, hyrule
portal in rocky area of hyrule to lorule
dark palace
vacant house, hyrule, lake hylia, lorule, turtle rock
vacant house, swamp, do stuff to get to desert palace
desert palace
lorule castle
yuga
triforce

This gets the upgraded sword after 2 dungeons, the item pouch is in a decently convenient place, big bomb shop is close to there, and desert palace is the last to minimize Irene text.   

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Mofat
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 09:32:00 PM »

With regular tempered sword it takes 39 hits to kill first phase final boss
Second phase takes 13 hits, 6 for the first two times you hit him out of the wall and then just one to finish him.

I dunno about the further upgraded sword, going to get it and test it now.

fully upgraded word

30-31 hits (Lost count a little) for first phase
4 hits every time he comes out of the wall plus the final hit.

On the final battle it probably saves 20-ish seconds. I can only speculate if it will shave off enough time of bosses/mini bosses to be worth it.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 10:14:22 PM by Mofat » Logged
Jerry23dr
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2013, 09:59:32 PM »

start up to pendant of courage
sahasrla
deathwarp
go to eastern area and see the cutscene showing the switches
get the 20r near the armos and deathwarp
bow
eastern + the 100r chest through the right crack at the beginning (120r)
travel to zora's domain, see cutscene of guy running out
kak
pegasus boots and 100r in house next to sahasrlas (220r)
power glove
up to hera
ravio, rent hammer, tornado,bombs, hookshot (80r)
back to hera, finish, get 50r chest and 100r chest (230r)
kak, smooth gem (30r)
witches house, flippers
house, to gales
house of gales
master sword
lorule
Wait, why Gales second?
Jerry23dr
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2013, 10:12:09 PM »

Also, does anyone know if the lost woods path is set or random?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: