ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:17:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Dazzle DVC 100 Problem. HELP!  (Read 13809 times)
Marcus
« on: November 13, 2013, 03:20:14 PM »

Maybe I shouldn't have started a new topic for this. But seriously, it's driving me crazy now. I really want to set it up, I have nothing else to do.

I'm having some trouble with my Dazzle DVC 100 Rev.1.1. When I'm recording N64 videos, the screen moves slightly upwards and downwards all the time, and it also drops frames. When I'm trying to record Wii/GCN videos, it says that no input signal is found. I'm absolutely sure that I have the latest drivers and that everything is connected right. I'm using composite cables and I have an ASUS G750JX laptop with Windows 8 64-bit operative system. The program I'm using is Pinnacle Studio 15 HD. Do you have any ideas what the problem might be?

EDIT: Now I fixed so I can record GCN and Wii videos. But the other problems are still there.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 09:13:44 PM by Marcus » Logged
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 09:14:59 PM »

I think I have the first problem as well, but maybe it's worse for you. You could give AmarecTV a try.

Marcus
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 09:37:11 PM »

It's only a little screen movement, but still, I want to get rid of it. Watch these 2 videos to see what it looks like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFjEeDNX5T4&list=UUfaU3fgqCQyvxzbEwMtrJiA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTxelt-BrU8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUfaU3fgqCQyvxzbEwMtrJiA

And about the frame drop, it drops about 7-8 frames every minute. I tried AmaRecTV, no difference.

The signal input issue got solved when I bought new composite cables to connect from the Dazzle to the TV. So, I don't know, maybe I could renew all cables to get rid of the quality issue completely. I don't know about the frame drop though.
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 06:05:57 PM »

The screen movement seems comparable to mine.

What are your video settings? I'm sure you can select the video signal type (NTSC etc.).
Marcus
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 08:30:04 PM »

My settings are: DV > Composite > NTSC > 4:3. Changing doesn't help, it seems. Are you also using Windows 8?

Also, it seems like those frames that are dropped while recording are recovered when I stop recording. Because, when I start to edit it, it gets longer than it said when I stopped recording. But that doesn't sound likely, does it?
If so is the case though, then that's solved. But the screen is still moving. And, is my screen really dark in dark areas? I tested adjusting the contrast and brightness, but it didn't help. Does it look good and normal to you guys?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 03:08:39 PM by Marcus » Logged
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 06:30:16 PM »

My settings are: DV > Composite > NTSC > 4:3. Changing doesn't help, it seems. Are you also using Windows 8?

Also, it seems like those frames that are dropped while recording are recovered when I stop recording. Because, when I start to edit it, it gets longer than it said when I stopped recording. But that doesn't sound likely, does it?
If so is the case though, then that's solved. But the screen is still moving. And, is my screen really dark in dark areas? I tested adjusting the contrast and brightness, but it didn't help. Does it look good and normal to you guys?
I use Windows 7. Unfortunately I'm out of ideas. It could be a problem with the drivers on Windows 8. If you have a PC with Windows 7, you could try it on that.
Marcus
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 10:37:31 PM »

I used it on my stationary computer before with Windows 7 without any problems except for the darkness issue and 5 frames being dropped when I started recording. Unfortunately, that computer is at another place. With that said, I have no idea what causes your problems. Apparently, it has nothing to do with Win 7/8 differences. However, Dazzle in general is pretty much crap in my experience, so I bought an Elgato Game Capture HD instead. It costs about twice the amount of a Dazzle, but it supports Composite, S-Video, Component, HDMI, and should be much better in every way with no problems.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 10:48:31 PM »

Elgato is shit for streaming though :/  Audio desyncs and it doesnt work well with OBS or XSplit and that kind of shit. Really sucks Sad

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Marcus
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 11:08:27 PM »

Well, shit. Would Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition Plus be a better alternative? Or which Hauppauge. What would be a good alternative?.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 06:28:24 AM by Marcus » Logged
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 04:53:14 PM »

Well, shit. Would Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition Plus be a better alternative? Or which Hauppauge. What would be a good alternative?.
The thing I have had the least amount of trouble with is an EasyCap.  Cool
Marcus
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 06:31:09 PM »

I can't use it because of a problem with my TV. An Elgato or Hauppage would solve that problem, and I would get either of those as long as they also work well while streaming. So, what could I get?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 07:22:28 PM by Marcus » Logged
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 06:59:45 PM »

It really sucks that Elgato is bad for streaming, because it works really good otherwise Sad
I guess go with one of the HD PVR models. (The PVR 2 supports HDMI and Component AFAIK) One option would be to wait for an update for the Elgato Cap card, but it might take a while...

If your computer can handle it, then you can use OBS' window capture with Elgatos capture software. (It can't do direct capture for some reason) I'm not really sure why/how the audio desync happens or if it can be fixed, sorry.

E: How elgato works really depends on your computer. Im no expert at this stuff, but it might work fine while streaming. Pokey has an elgato so maybe you can ask more info from him?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 07:21:58 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Marcus
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 08:07:07 PM »

Alright, thanks! I'll see what I'll do though. The easiest thing to do now seems to be sending the Elgato back and switch it for a Hauppauge.
Also, is this the problem that you are talking about? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0mKA-bX43c
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 09:33:07 AM by Marcus » Logged
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 02:55:31 PM »

Yeah thats one of them, I think theres a way around it without having to buy stuff though.
I recall a stream where the game audio was behind, not the commentary. I guess that persons computer wasnt good enough or something.

Lol
Marcus
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2013, 09:22:17 AM »

I think that my laptop is good enough to stream without getting game audio desync or any problem besides commentary. The OS, RAM, CPU, and sound card etc, are alot better than the requierments for using the Elgato. I don't really know about streaming, but that has to be included when setting the requierments. And with my overkill, there shouldn't be a problem. Although, that commentary issue seems to be solved only by replacing it with another problem. I'll ask Pokey.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 09:30:44 AM by Marcus » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: