ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:37:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: ST Research and discovery thread  (Read 76585 times)
Venick409
Regular Guay

Didn't you guys forget something?

Email
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2009, 06:36:18 AM »

Well you can't sell stuff to him until the bridge is already fixed and by that time beedle would probably be on the other side of the map.

I was trying this some more and it seems like if you do the sell strategy the best time to get the bombs would be just after The water temple. because he is right in your path, but after the bridge is fixed he is normally near Casletown.

[23:11:44] <Siglemic> buyin a game they think invented fps
[23:11:48] <greenfox> dude
[23:11:54] <greenfox> halo did invent fps
[23:11:57] <greenfox> didn't it?
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2009, 06:44:10 AM »

Well bombs save a lot of time in the ocean temple.  If you don't use them in there it might just be best to skip them entirely (if its possible, which I'm 90% sure it is).

Early Ocean Temple

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
MrSparkle
Regular Guay

Hair Dye

linktetraww
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2009, 07:55:52 AM »

Passenger Warping

Where you grab optional passengers and get them angry, choosing to warp back to where you picked them up. I'm still working on beating this game. so I have no idea how often this would be useable. Mega Ice gathering?

May get a recorder at year's end...
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2009, 05:44:59 PM »

A trick to beat the ocean temple whip miniboss fast and easily - right before entering the room throw the boomerang where the whip guy will be then enter.  As soon as the battle starts he'll get hit then just throw bombs at him till he's dead.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2009, 09:03:23 AM »

Finished the game in only two days yay!

From what I've seen, Spirit Tracks will have no major sequence breaks in it, because the major map points are linked by the Train Sequences. Stupid "On-Rails" game progression...

If anything, we should make/steal a complete game walkthrough, post it here, and start picking that apart bit by bit.

One last thing I've noticed... if you shoot an arrow into one of the arrow shooters, and try to walk away before it hits an eye target, the arrow won't activate the eye. I THINK it only works for normal arrows

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2009, 04:38:08 PM »

I ve been able to beat the first boss in 2 cycles for each phase in a boss rush.

Hitting his head in the first phase make him charge the first time, you have to hit it twice the second time since the first make him do a leg strike.

It seems that use normal stab is better than use jump and spin attacks.

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2009, 05:06:20 PM »

Another trick for the first boss, after the first hit on his backside, while he's turning around you can get behind him and hit him with the whirlwind again to skip waiting for him to charge at you a second time.  Majora MIM, if you could explain exactly how to do 2 cycles for both phases this boss will go really fast.

Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2009, 09:20:15 PM »

There is an easier way to make sure the first boss is down all of the time during the 1st phase.
I did 2 spins then go back a few steps and blow with Whirlwind, it should stun the boss again (repeat this method 2 times to clear his first phase).
I can't remember if you can deal 3 spins to the boss, if so then, during the 3rd spin cancel it with you L item to move ASAP and stun the boss again, then do 3 more spins.

On the second phase you need to do a Jump attack -> Spin -> Explosion from a Bomb Worm on either the first or second cycle. On the other cycle it's safe to use 2 spins or Jump Attack, Spin (and possibly another spin) to win.

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2009, 08:21:48 PM »

Here is the strat for first boss battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBm2sAK7tPU
Strike the head to make him charge and use normal stabs.

Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2009, 11:57:21 PM »

I noticed that the basic attacks were much easier to defeat Capbone's second phase. It was much quicker/easier to kill than using Spin attacks. The only other boss is Captops I can get a 4 cycle kill with using Spin and Jump attacks, lets see what happens when you do it with just basic slashes.

More info:

Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2009, 04:02:10 AM »

I updated the 1st post with most of the tricks found so far up to the end of the ocean temple, added a rupee route (you were right Venick) and the fastest strategies for stagnox and phytops (any ideas for fraaz?).

Also I tested if it was possible to bring the anouki to wellspring station before getting the freight cart.  He says he needs a place to go and asks if you know a place but wont get on your train.  I'm thinking the bridge worker activates allowing passengers in your train but by that time it'll be faster just to do it when you're normally required.

Edit: Well you can take him to wellspring after spirit tower 4 before going to the fire realm but I'm not sure its faster.  It seems about even and will probably need to be timed.

Edit 2: My trick to trick the trains at the ocean temple doesn't work when transporting the mega ice to goron village Sad.  The trains got smarter.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 07:19:51 AM by ZFG » Logged

Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2009, 11:15:38 AM »

After the Mega Ice there's:

* Fire Sanctuary - Play Restoration, open up new tracks.
* 3 Giant monsters each one holding a key- Mountain Temple.
* When you meet a fire bat and kill one with the boomerang to chain one up with the fire torch it's possible to do this from the north part of the area and not the intended west part (you'll see what I mean).
* Up to the boss, lengthy and sort of luck based with the blue meteor.

----------
* Go to Spirit Tower and go to section 5.
* Defeat Staven/Bryne
* Chancellor Cole's cutscene
* Desert Land - Sanctuary
* Restoration, open up new tracks
* 3 trials
* Sand Temple, after Sand Wand save warp.

* There are some online walkthroughs that contains the fastest ways of solving those mega block puzzles Wink

* I got a possible strategy for Capbone, after the first hit you would need to place some boulders on 2/4 launchers and then the other 2 launchers when he shoots boulders again.
- First hit: Place a boulder on the launcher and launch it ASAP.
- Second hit: Now Capbone shoots 3 boulders try and get 2 of the 3 on 2 spare launchers, do this again on the remaining 2. Use a launcher the nearest one (the one where Capbone is facing you) ASAP.
- Third hit, 3 boulders left, use the east launcher (3' o'clock) from where you used the second launch.
- Forth hit, 2 boulders left, use the north launcher (12 o'clock) from where you used the second launch.
- Fifth hit, now go to the third launcher (3 o'clock) and move slightly to the left, you need to in a 7 o'clock position when trying to use the remaining boulder. Capbone's weakspot is around the 11 o'lcok spot

If you don't understand I'll try and make a video somewhen in Janurary (Boss rush is too long and awkward to retry if the fight wasn't great)

Second phase is a bit more straight forward.

Get bow of light, use gate warp to quickly end up nearby the Spirit Tower.
Clear Spirt Tower 6 and go to the south west section of Forest Land.

Sadly there isn't any good uses to warp via offending the passengers method.

More info:

Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2010, 09:18:07 PM »

I think spin and jump attacks only deals 1,5 damage instead of 2 on certain monsters.

Anyway, during 2nd boss battle, when Cryobraz split in two mini Cryo-Braz, shoot one of them with the boomerang to make them attack faster. (saves only 1-2 seconds but that's still 1-2 seconds saved)

Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2010, 09:33:16 PM »

Damage points:

Whip = 5 DP
Slash           (Recruit) = 10DP     (Lokomo)= 15DP
Jump Attack  (Recruit) = 15DP     (Lokomo) = 20DP
Spin attack   (Recruit) = 20DP     (Lokomo) = 25DP

Bombs (any other kind of explosion) 30DP
Arrow  (Uncharged) = 15-25DP [not sure exact value] (Charged) = At least 30DP  [not sure exact value].

Pots... Not tested yet.
Spears (from Marine temple) ... not tested yet.

------------------------------------

Another interesting glitch not done by me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiEOnbNwRrQ
How to get Phantom Zelda on the small movable block.

--------------------------------------
During my test playthrough the first boss can be cleared in 2 cycles per form with the (weak) Recruit Sword.
7+6 normal slashes on the first form (The 7th hit is triggers Stagnox's 'wakeup' and damage is ignored).
6+6 normal slashes on the second form
----------------------------------------
Since the Lokomo sword deals 15DP from normal slashes, it only takes 4 hits for the boss to react.
This means the boss does wakeup sooner when you deal at least 55* points of damage.
* I say 55 because a Bomb (30) + A Lokomo Sword Spin attack (25) deals 55 points of damage and the boss wakes up.
This is why normal slashes are more reliable to defeat the boss in 2 cycles
[Recruit] (10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60)
[Lokomo] (15, 30, 45, 60)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 12:16:30 AM by Greenalink » Logged

More info:

Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
TSDA
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2010, 03:14:03 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-F56OpzGvs
Is this the fastest way to beat Byrne, or you got different strats?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: