ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 02:26:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: ST Research and discovery thread  (Read 76555 times)
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 02:02:09 PM »

Just another little glitch what I found by accident:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfJcNHc1-uE

Just one graphical glitch in hyrule castle town.
Enjoy!

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
Venick409
Regular Guay

Didn't you guys forget something?

Email
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2009, 08:44:26 PM »

I found another way to do the Marine Temple Trapdoor Skip.

Marine Temple Trapdoor Skip Without Bombs or Death:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKDd0-8RZ8Q

This video shows two more ways to skip this, "Trap." Getting hit only 1 time is way harder then getting hot 2 times.

This will make it if we don't get bombs in a Speed run we still have a fast way past the trap.
Witch I'm guessing we aren't getting bomb because that takes time correct me if I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 08:56:44 PM by Venick409 » Logged

[23:11:44] <Siglemic> buyin a game they think invented fps
[23:11:48] <greenfox> dude
[23:11:54] <greenfox> halo did invent fps
[23:11:57] <greenfox> didn't it?
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2009, 10:35:03 PM »

To be honest, I knew this method too but I didn't mentioned it since it feels obsolete compared to the bomb trick. As far as I know, you need to use your own bombs at the last section of the Spirit Tower.
Bombs has loads of uses like Train hijack boss at Ocean Land and possibly Captops. I need to playthrough this again and take notes seriously this time.

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2009, 11:54:42 PM »

Just started a 2nd playthrough.  Some speed tips

-When getting zelda out of the castle you can get her past the first 2 guards outside with 1 path, might be able to get past the 3rd too if you go really fast.

-You can't get past the blizzard in the snow realm without seeing ferrus, even if you know the route.

-I think the earliest you can get the bomb bag is after the snow temple.  I didn't get it but I saw beedle flying around.  If not, right after ST 3 he'll be right on your path.

-Hit the warp point below Anouki Village on your first trip to the snow realm.  On second thought, its probably slower to use the warp for transporting the bridge worker.

-You can't learn the song of birds until you go to the ocean sanctuary to get carben to appear there.

-I have an idea for skipping the train chase to get into the ocean temple.  When you pass the first intersection to either head right to the temple or up, stay between the curved rails so the armored train can't come straight at you.  Make him go up then hit reverse and try going right before it can get to you.  Though there are 2 reasons this might not work though: 1) The 2nd train might get summoned and hit you or 2) you can't reverse fast enough and the armored train hits you.  Worth a try though.  Its too late for me to test but I'm hoping someone else can soon.

-Phytops trick: At the end of his attacking phase where he tries to whip you, quickly grab a barb from one of the sitting tentacles before it goes under, then when he comes back up you can hit him early.

-Is it possible to take the Anouki to Wellspring Station before getting the freight cart?  If so then its probably best to take him after the snow temple.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 04:22:22 PM by ZFG » Logged

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
TSDA
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2009, 02:55:32 AM »

You also need the song of discovery. There's another song you can't skip either but I forgot which one.
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2009, 08:08:38 AM »

You also need the song of discovery. There's another song you can't skip either but I forgot which one.

You need song of light, discovery and birds.  Healing and awakening can be skipped.

I just finished my 2nd playthrough in just under 10 hours.  5 hours seems more realistic for a speedrun considering I sucked horribly and took some breaks.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2009, 08:55:32 PM »

I've found a cool trick against the first boss that would enable us to clear the first phase really quickly. The second phase can be cleared in 2 cycles but it has to be done in a strict order on the first cycle to end the battle during the second cycle.

Nothing much on the second boss but do not use the Jump + Spin combo, use the Spin + Spin combo instead he advances to the next phase after 2 cycles instead of 3. (Only tried it with the Lokomo Sword, test if the Recruit sword gives the same result).

The third boss Captops it's easier to dodge its thorny tentacles by going near to the inner circle. If you know the last strike you can use the Whip to grap a thorn to aim at Captops when s/he comes out from the water.
(The boss rush will not let you use bombs but during the main playthrough it's possible to use bombs, so using the bombs at the last hit before the wakeup should cut the number of total cycles by 1).

The forth boss Vulcano only summoms the blue meteor when you hit his weak spot on the lower body. He should scream and them perform a hammer punch to the ground. The blue meteor can be destroyed really quickly by using your own bombs.

More info:

Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2009, 10:10:34 PM »

Sorry to derail the topic, but ST has a boss rush?
Jesus, nearly every zelda game needs that feature, I'd be tons better at boss battles >_>

Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2009, 10:19:56 PM »

Well there is a minigame that will take Link to go through a series of rooms containing certain amount of enemies (Chu chus, bats, etc). There are 3 levels

Level 1 : Easy enemies with the first boss at the end.
Level 2: Medium enemies with a boss battle partway through (3 bosses in total).
Level 3: Tough enemies with a 'boss rush' at the later half with 1 boss exclusive to the mode (6 bosses).

It features an In-game timer but it pauses whenever you want to change your current Item.

More info:

Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2009, 03:55:09 PM »

Wow, I can't believe I didn't find out about this site 'till now lol.

Anywho, figured I'd contribute a bit since I'm around, here's a couple of minor speed tricks I've found:

1. When activating fish switches with the whip, you can cancel the "pull" animation completely by letting go of L/R and removing the stylus from the touch screen before the whip interacts with the switch, the switch will just instantly activate rather than having the tongue pulled out. Doing this has various results on other interactive elements (it will break pots, but won't pick up items off the ground, etc).

2. By holding the stylus to the screen and letting go later, you can drop from a whip swing a little quicker.

I don't know how known/obvious those are, but I didn't see them mentioned in this thread, so whatever. Hopefully it helps. :3
Venick409
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2009, 08:18:16 PM »

So i found something interesting< but seems like it'll be useless:

LoZ ST Zelda holding glitch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jAQShbNhj0

This seems useless because you can't ride on Zelda.

But what you do is pick up the object just as she does and this should happen. You can use any Item as long as you don't hurt Zelda. If Zelda does get hurt the item drops where ever link is.

also it seems like the sand temple has some glitches at least from what I can tell. Like I found a way to go OoB but you just fall so it's useless.

And for 100% (or something like that.) the hurricane spin is the fastest way to travle even if you get dizzy.
But I'm guessing we are getting it right before we go to the end boss.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 08:20:01 PM by Venick409 » Logged

Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2009, 08:58:47 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNZj5sU_Rbo

I didn't make this but it makes me wonder what happens if you save the game before the game crashes. It doesn't work with yellow potions and you would need at least 10 or more hearts when using a Red/Purple potion to achieve the glitchy meter.

Edit:
When i was playing through the game for the first time. I notice that before the game goes to the overworld rails section, there is possible luck that there isn't any Death Trains around the land/realm. I noticed this after buying Mega Ice when trying to solve the route to get to Goron Valley at Fire land/realm.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 09:06:33 PM by Greenalink » Logged

More info:

Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2009, 01:03:51 AM »

I just tested my idea for avoiding the trains and getting into the ocean temple early, and surprisingly it worked.  Its pretty easy too.  I might be able to make a vid tonight.

Also, we need a rupee route for the bomb bag (500R). 

Venick409
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2009, 01:15:35 AM »

Also, we need a rupee route for the bomb bag (500R). 

After playing a bit it seems like the best thing to do is to get an item worth 500 then sell it when you have to fix the bridge. I forget exactly where it is, but there is one that you can get really easily. IIRC.

ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2009, 01:27:23 AM »

After playing a bit it seems like the best thing to do is to get an item worth 500 then sell it when you have to fix the bridge. I forget exactly where it is, but there is one that you can get really easily. IIRC.

Well you can't sell stuff to him until the bridge is already fixed and by that time beedle would probably be on the other side of the map.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: