ZSR Forums
April 16, 2024, 10:52:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Wind Waker HD: What's changed, what hasn't  (Read 60151 times)
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2013, 03:04:13 AM »

Soup Storage not working: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rktOOiQ9Tn0

Windfall Island Cutscene Skip weirdness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSBTxDCTcOM

Edit: For those of you asking about the Triangle Island outside of the top of ToG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CDBWLcExig
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 05:04:02 AM by Abahbob » Logged
NowaVar
Deku Scrub

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2013, 06:11:12 AM »

Wow, Abahbob!  You're a beast!  That video answers a number of my questions.  o/
UYNiko
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2013, 06:29:50 AM »

Hey Abahbob did you played around with the effects of beating FF1 for a second time? might be worth try it, in the GC version have some effects similars to the Flight Plataform escape, no bombflowers, the ship is at Outset in the position before you rescue Tetra, no NPCS on Windfall, no actors at FF2, PG is not there and the time doesn't change in FF2. Don't grab the sword if you want to retry it after you enter into a loading zone (maybe this not matters now).
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2013, 06:08:05 PM »

Haven't looked at it myself. Ill get around to it, my list of things i need to test is growning.

Edit: Patched: Solve triforce puzzle with one block.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 01:15:22 AM by Abahbob » Logged
NowaVar
Deku Scrub

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2013, 02:16:34 AM »

CHART --> SHARD
Needle Rock Isle --> Cliff Plateau Isles
Islet of Steel --> Greatfish Isle
Bird's Peak Rock --> Stone Watcher Island
wooferzfg1
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2013, 03:23:07 AM »

Can someone test sailing time and/or speed for one quadrant in Wind Waker HD (with and without sail pumping)? I'd like to compare it to TWW's sail speeds.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2013, 11:24:03 PM »

I found a minor little thing a few days ago that might have some application somewhere. Basically, it's a trick to do ledge clipping in some more places early on in the game. I'm no Wind Waker expert but as far as I know this is exclusive to TWWHD.

So usually, when you hold an object and walk off a ledge in a way that makes Link fall off and grab the ledge, the object you're holding falls off the ledge and breaks. Not good for ledge clipping. TWWHD, though, has added the ability to walk around in first-person mode. You can grab an object and go into first person mode, then bend forwards or backwards (by aiming up or down). This actually moves the object relative to Link; if you've leaned far enough then you can strafe off a ledge and grab it, and have the object land on top of the ledge in a spot that allows you to clip with it.

Anyhow, I was trying to see if you could clip through the wall to grab the Outset wallet upgrade early (which I don't think you can do, because there's no space on the other side of the wall), and honestly I haven't bothered testing it anywhere else, so I'm not totally 100% sure that you can clip this way. Pretty sure you can though.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 11:26:03 PM by Paraxade » Logged
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2013, 05:35:34 AM »

It's an interesting find and may have some useful applications. I wonder if that would work for dropping Medli for the ET BK Skip, to save that extra magic and make the clip easier.

Also, in Hyrule 2 if you manage to get into the master sword room after leaving, it softlocks when you talk to the King: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W9hJQEuByI
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 05:37:32 AM by Abahbob » Logged
Moon
Deku Scrub

The Moon is the Moon and will always be the Moon

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2013, 06:57:35 AM »

Troll double fairy glitch

If you catch a fairy on the same frame it heals you, then you get healed and get the fairy.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2013, 07:23:40 AM »

that reminds me,

not that this would be useful or anything, but does this shit work?: www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qPvz71rC5k
Moon
Deku Scrub

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2013, 08:33:26 AM »

that reminds me,

not that this would be useful or anything, but does this shit work?: www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qPvz71rC5k

It doesn't and for some reason i hope there will come a new soup glitch... i like it way more then storage 0_0

Edit i did succeed in doing that glitch(Soup glitch) with the telescope and graplinghook on the game pad. However i cant get it work with soup...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 11:25:26 AM by Moon » Logged
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2013, 07:24:45 PM »

What do you mean with the telescope and grappling hook?
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2013, 08:00:06 PM »

You can enter the telescope and camera mode even if you change the item in that button.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2013, 10:40:19 AM »

It won't work with the soup. It's easy to do it with the telescope or picto box; Link pulls out those items and then automatically starts using them, which gives you time to swap, while the soup just instantly appears in his hand.
Moon
Deku Scrub

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2013, 03:25:27 PM »

Golden feathers can also be farmed.
Place:
Forbidden woods area where you will normal get storege so you can get easy to the boomerang (map where you throw the stick of a eating plant at the door blocked with the eye)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: