ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 08:17:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I need help with MST (No NG+)  (Read 5817 times)
hcbboyhammer12
Deku Scrub

Link's Financial Advisor

Email
« on: September 15, 2013, 09:07:54 PM »

I am new here, and I really need help with the MST route, no NG+. I am especially having trouble doing the wrong warp to the Nocturne of Shadows cutscene. Any help or tutorial videos that really explain it are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 09:31:11 PM »

What seems to be your issue? I need some details in order to help

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
hcbboyhammer12
Deku Scrub

Link's Financial Advisor

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 12:55:37 AM »

Sure thing.  Smiley Here is the step from the route that I am trying to attempt. I have followed the entire route so far, but am not able to do this: "Kill King Dodongo, Wrong Warp to the Nocturne of Shadow cutscene" To be more specific: I have killed Dodongo, but I, for some reason, am not able to get the correct set-up for the Restricted Items Farore's Wind Blue Warp Wrong Warp. I have tried it almost 100 times, and have never been able to get it. This has been going on for the course of the past month, but I am finally asking for help. Thanks!
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 01:34:41 AM »

Well of course, I understand what you are screwing up, but I am asking if you have any idea what is preventing you from getting the WW. Are you not able to RI, are you too close to the blue warp, do you crash when you return warp, do you not WW when you return warp but return to the intended point? Is it something else perhaps?

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
hcbboyhammer12
Deku Scrub

Link's Financial Advisor

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 03:02:05 AM »

I just tried it, and I can say that I am not able to do the RI.
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 03:11:07 AM »

RI WW is a hellish trick. i changed my max% in MQ from Hammer to FW because i couldn't get the RIWW to work.

someone needs to make a setup for that that is somewhat reliable (if that is even possible with this trick)

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 03:23:15 AM »

Well in each individual dungeon you can make a setup for the positioning (the easy part Tongue)

A setup for pausing(the hardest part imo)... you can hold the button then release it but i dont know of any way to make it release at a certain time without timing it on your own, but I can see this having a consistent method we havent realized yet, and it probably wont be done during a sidehop.

For the timing on the RI, I know Ben and myself find it very easy to bring up the home menu on the right frame, and you can buffer the input. If youre early on the home menu you can try to get to the right frame. I don't think anything else can be done to increase consistency here.

One other thing ive thought about, what if we used another method to delay the warp (OI?), then perfomred RI while you have control?

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 05:41:34 AM »

The way I do RI (works ~75% of the time) relies on the sounds of swapping the items and tapping B to exit the menu. With that I can somewhat tell when to tap the FW button. Improve your RI consitency before doing RIWW, I dunno if it helps or not but you only have one frame to tap it, and unlike console OoT, this game runs ~10 frames faster. (Console runs 20 FPS)  I'm not trying to scare you or anything, but I thought it might explain why its so difficult.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: