ZSR Forums
April 23, 2024, 08:38:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Puppet Ganon Skip  (Read 5867 times)
Vulpone
Regular Guay

im vulpone

« on: August 23, 2013, 02:10:51 AM »

hi

what an awful idea to mess around with that but i was curious and tried stuff for 3 hours straight. I don't mean try to do that dreadful hover, but come up with ideas. I have some.

going oob using the ledge and PG's attack makes everything easier. there's a very high chance 1 keese is stuck outside while the others clip oob (kill those).
that way you only have to deal with 1 instead of more keese. PG spins until the last keese is dead.

OR, prolonging the PG phase. it appears as though after killing the keese, removing the ropes on his head gives you a head-start. he will dangle, then reset his phase, then proceed with regular phase, THEN re-spawn keese. Might be hard to understand, but even with my crappy mashing that gave me a lot of time.

anyhow, the best one we could come up with was this:
the room is a giant octagon. at each corner, they placed a pillar extending to the ceiling. The pillars have no collision from the inside, but from the outside.
Abusing this, you can damage boost yourself into that niche, hover up against that wall whilst being 100% immune from any incoming damage.
Using this, I've been able to hit the ceiling twice.

Now, there are 2 of those pillars located next to the destination (place above ganon loading zone).

what happens is the keese(s) follow you all the way to the ceiling (you're safe until then). at this point, they clip oob in the ceiling and eventually make their way into the niche.
now, manipulating their position is very hard entirely luck as far as i can tell, but by dropping and rapidly regaining height, they should eventually go on the side you want (either left or right, whichever pillar you chose).

at this point, they damage you and knock you off, hopefully on top of the platform... at which point, you can commence farming them for a good heart drop.. just a matter of time (and bombs).

i've done that once and i guess that's the closest any human has ever gotten to this part.

http://i.imgur.com/SHysJqV.jpg

I couldnt test this further yet because my arm is dead and I can't use any cheats for this. I feel like the keese knockback could make it.

in any case, theres another thing worth noting.

in the center of the map, the two wooden platforms contain pots with hearts/fairies and the other one has the warp pot.

i'll do some more testing but perhaps the keese might knock you off in a way that enables you to leaf-drop a bomb on either one of them. i believe the warppot would be much more consistent, though i don't know if that saves upon death.

anyhow, TASers are more than welcome to investigate this. it's quite annoying to hover up there but since there's no time limit or other stress, it's not too much of a hassle.

PS: this is what the hover looks like from inside this pillar

http://i.imgur.com/w1W6oHq.jpg

more info soon. just thought this was worth noting somewhere. perhaps it'll spark some interest. definitely interesting
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 02:13:20 AM by Vulpano » Logged
Demon9
Regular Guay

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 08:00:52 PM »

Prolonging the phase makes it alot easier to make it up there. I'm gonna try a little now and then to get this
Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 04:57:59 PM »

Hovering straight accross the entire room isn't that hard, you just need to mash really quick.

Use two fingers (one on each hand) and mash like if you were drumming.

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: