ZSR Forums
April 27, 2024, 05:05:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best option for me?  (Read 3138 times)
Simpae
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: August 21, 2013, 01:16:14 AM »

Hey, I'm looking to start running OoT in VC (preferably Wii U since I want one) and I have a few questions.

1. From what I have understood you can run Wii VC in Wii mode as if it were an original Wii and you can also install homebrew channel on it if you want to install a .wad game file. Is this correct?

2. If it will run on Wii U how does the upscaling to a higher resolution affect speedrunning? You can set it to output in 4:3 AR and at least down to 480p if it matters (maybe lower)

3. If the game will run correctly within Wii mode are the GCN/N64 controller to Classic controller adapters working well enough to be used or would I have to use a CC/CCPro?

4. Also since I will only be able to get a PAL version how would this work with playing NTSC (JP&US) VC games? If there is a solution is it compatible with running PAL Wii U games?

I guess thats all I have for now. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: According to the Wii U wiki page the minimum output resolution is 480p

EDIT2: As for the N64/GCN controller to Classic controller adapters if they are good which are the best?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:23:43 AM by Simpae » Logged
ZeldaFan
Regular Guay

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 01:24:11 AM »

Upscaling the resolution of anything will create input lag.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: