ZSR Forums
April 19, 2024, 04:33:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Bombs Early Route  (Read 39523 times)
Crazyyinsane
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2013, 03:29:07 AM »

So I did some timing together with WooferZfg on this new route on skipping delivery bag that Matti came up with and basiclly this is the spreadsheet of the  timings between Old route and skipping Delivery bag(new route)!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqTDPuo42_PSdDBYeDRxdWtIWHJuVVpIOUlCXzlNT2c#gid=0

I did some major mistakes but it still ended up with beign around a minute faster with the new route!

Whats cool with this new route that we will be using the old route once again with Ghost Ship, so dont need to go over to Bomb Island and farm the rupees in the late game. We will have to do what we used to do in the old route by letting the day pass at Bomb Isle before we charge up our superswim back over to Dragon Roost Isle. With this meaning we will be able to save another 30 seconds later at Ghost Ship! So this around a 1minute and 30 seconds in total time saving.

Crazyyinsane
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2013, 04:31:58 AM »

another cool part about this route is that this route will make low% even more faster, because we dont have to do the bottle skip (as we got bombs instead to bomb the boulder instead, aswell you can now do the Silver rupee strat instead while climbing up to Medlii when visiting Dragon Roost Isle for Earth Temple part!

Demon9
Regular Guay

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2013, 04:54:40 AM »

But you can't use the normal bombs to bomb the rock?

Also great route, amazing job on that!
Crazyyinsane
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2013, 09:06:39 AM »

But you can't use the normal bombs to bomb the rock?

Also great route, amazing job on that!

ah damn, did not know that :-(
Gords
Deku Scrub

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2013, 03:22:47 PM »

Questions,
what is this new bomb dry storage method people are mentioning?

Is cosmo still uploading his video of the 4:31:xx wr, how was this not sub 4:30. was it this route?

this route happened just after i watched through cosmo's 4:32:26 wr vid and wrote down the route, lol

i dont know how much of this will be possible in WWHD since the main reason the greatfish SS is possible is because we abuse the slow loading of the island which happens before the cutscene can load. the WiiU will likely be able to load it even with a fast and accurate SS before we reach land. although i like how you slow the loading of diamond step by entering into the quadrant under it, does this method could help us with getting into greatfish by approaching from somewhere other than tingle island?

wooferzfg1
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2013, 09:20:04 PM »

what is this new bomb dry storage method people are mentioning?

Jumpslash onto ledge, drop bomb, turn around, pull out Wind Waker, run into bomb, get Wind Waker Dive, cancel + storage.

Is cosmo still uploading his video of the 4:31:xx wr, how was this not sub 4:30. was it this route?\

Yes, he's uploading the video of the record. It was bombs early, but it didn't include the Delivery Bag Skip Matti found yesterday.

i dont know how much of this will be possible in WWHD since the main reason the greatfish SS is possible is because we abuse the slow loading of the island which happens before the cutscene can load. the WiiU will likely be able to load it even with a fast and accurate SS before we reach land. although i like how you slow the loading of diamond step by entering into the quadrant under it, does this method could help us with getting into greatfish by approaching from somewhere other than tingle island?

WWHD loads the entire ocean at all times. So no more Greatfish SS (the cutscene will instantly load)

jahweh
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2013, 12:57:33 PM »

How do you avoid the Fire mountain reload while superswimming to the Sub?

Are load times affected? My wii is quite old so I don't know if that affects it.
wooferzfg1
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2013, 02:45:00 PM »

How do you avoid the Fire mountain reload while superswimming to the Sub?

Are load times affected? My wii is quite old so I don't know if that affects it.

Yes, old Wii's and GC's make it harder to superswim past Fire Mountain without getting the reload. So just get a newer Wii, lol
UYNiko
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2013, 07:07:28 PM »

Yes, old Wii's and GC's make it harder to superswim past Fire Mountain without getting the reload. So just get a newer Wii, lol

There is a way around this, you can pause for a sec before you enter to the Fire Mountain "Zone" so the island can load normally.
wooferzfg1
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2013, 10:49:39 PM »

For no Tuner, for anyone who wants Yashi's WR, although you can't skip the Delivery Bag, you can still skip the Medli Bottle. This is really only worth it on the English version, but it's still faster on both versions.

On English: saves about 0:50 + 30 seconds at Ghost Ship
On Japanese: saves about 0:15 + 30 seconds at Ghost Ship

Route:
-Get the Wind Waker.
-Do Zephos Skip.
-Get Storage off the edge facing the left pillar near Zephos (if you fail storage, strafe right, climb the ledge, and strafe back to the storage spot, as this is the fastest way to retry storage)
-Get Camera Lock and strafe into the water. When you start superswimming, you'll have 1-2 seconds to charge up with constant air refills before you sploosh, so you should shoot yourself away after about 1-2 seconds.
-Superswim to the submarine and get the submarine bottle.
-Savewarp, sail to Bomb Island, get water in your bottle when you reach the island.

Now here's where it gets tricky. Since you want to save 30 seconds at Ghost Ship, you want to arrive at Dragon Roost after it turns night. So since you have to wait for it to turn night, you may as well change the wind to South since you have to do that later anyways.

-Do a Wind Waker dive and get storage but don't cancel the Wind Waker. Instead, play Wind's Requiem and change the Wind to South. Since you change the wind using the glitched Wind Waker state, the in-game time will continue to pass.
-Do another Wind Waker dive, get storage, and cancel it this time.
-Roll over to the area near the vines, get Camera Lock, and sidehop into the water.
-Superswim to Dragon Roost. You can either drown in the quadrant or reach the island. Unlike the Delivery Bag skip, it does not matter if you drown or not because you already did Zephos Skip and do not need KoRL.
-Do Rock Skip, talk to Quill, get Delivery Bag.
-Roll right to the DRC entrance and pour water on the bomb flower right away.
-Pick up bomb, blow up rock, beat DRC with the chest storage route (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-glNEmtaPI)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 11:27:55 PM by wooferzfg1 » Logged
Seronei
Deku Scrub

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2013, 11:22:14 PM »

For no Tuner, for anyone who wants Yashi's WR, although you can't skip the Delivery Bag, you can still skip the Medli Bottle. This is really only worth it on the English version, but it's still faster on both versions.

On English: saves about 0:50 + 30 seconds at Ghost Ship
On Japanese: saves about 0:15 + 30 seconds at Ghost Ship

Route:
-Get the Wind Waker.
-Do Zephos Skip.
-Get Storage off the edge facing the left pillar near Zephos (if you fail storage, strafe right, climb the ledge, and strafe back to the storage spot, as this is the fastest way to retry storage)
-Get Camera Lock and strafe into the water. When you start superswimming, you'll have 1-2 seconds to charge up with constant air refills before you sploosh, so you should shoot yourself away after about 1-2 seconds.
-Superswim to the submarine and get the submarine bottle.
-Savewarp, sail to Bomb Island, get water in your bottle when you reach the island.

Now here's where it gets tricky. Since you want to save 30 seconds at Ghost Ship, you want to arrive at Dragon Roost after it turns night. So since you have to wait for it to turn night, you may as well change the wind to South since you have to do that later anyways.

-Do a Wind Waker dive and get storage but don't cancel the Wind Waker. Instead, play Wind's Requiem and change the Wind to South. Since you change the wind using the glitched Wind Waker state, the in-game time will continue to pass.
-Do another Wind Waker dive, get storage, and cancel it this time.
-Roll over to the area near the vines, get Camera Lock, and sidehop into the water.
-Superswim to Dragon Roost. You can either drown in the quadrant or reach the island. Unlike the Delivery Bag skip, it does not matter if you drown or not because you already did Zephos Skip and do not need KoRL.
-Do Rock Skip, talk to Quill, get Delivery Bag.
-Roll right to the DRC entrance and pour water on the bomb flower right away.
-Pick up bomb, blow up rock, beat DRC with the chest storage route (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-glNEmtaPI)
How about getting bombs before DRC and chest storage to skip delivery bag? Could potentially mean you can delay getting the submarine bottle until after DRC as well. Bombs does help quite a lot in DRC but it does mean you have to go to Northern Triangle Island twice.

Will probably screw up the day for ghost ship though.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 11:25:46 PM by Seronei » Logged
wooferzfg1
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2013, 11:42:26 PM »

How about getting bombs before DRC and chest storage to skip delivery bag? Could potentially mean you can delay getting the submarine bottle until after DRC as well. Bombs does help quite a lot in DRC but it does mean you have to go to Northern Triangle Island twice.

Will probably screw up the day for ghost ship though.

that's what low% does and it's really slow
Seronei
Deku Scrub

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2013, 11:56:12 PM »

that's what low% does and it's really slow
I know low% does that. Why is it slower than what you're suggesting though? Because I don't see a reason why it would be. You go out of your way with 1 superswim to place the pearl but you replace the superswim to go out of your way to get bottle. You skip Delivery bag cutscene and you save time inside DRC. Quite a lot as well, especially if you're not using the chest storage route.
wooferzfg1
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2013, 12:55:16 AM »

I know low% does that. Why is it slower than what you're suggesting though? Because I don't see a reason why it would be. You go out of your way with 1 superswim to place the pearl but you replace the superswim to go out of your way to get bottle. You skip Delivery bag cutscene and you save time inside DRC. Quite a lot as well, especially if you're not using the chest storage route.

the only way to get chest storage with early bombs is to use the boat. to get in the boat you have to swim away from windfall and drown (30 seconds) + sail to dragon roost (1 minute). also if you get chest storage then you don't have a chest for later to climb up to medli, so you'll have to use a chest somewhere else? i really don't see how it would be faster.
Wizzrobe
Deku Scrub

Wizzrobe

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2013, 12:28:37 AM »

I can't stop splooshing at the fire mountain in the english version. I watched cosmo do the swim and he swims right through the quadrant without splooshing. Is there a version difference?? I know greatfish island loads quicker in english version, and if that goes for all islands than maybe the fire mountain loads too quick as well so i sploosh.

Just how do I not sploosh when SS'ing through fire mountain?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: