ZSR Forums
April 16, 2024, 11:15:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask Randomiser  (Read 32332 times)
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2013, 04:04:34 PM »

You got another item. The dungeon item chests will always show the bow/elemental arrows above your head but you'll get a different item.

Would the same thing have happened with the Great Fairy Mask? Cause it appears to have given it to me twice, once from the Great Fairy and once from somewhere else.
cafde
Site Editor
Regular Guay

FrankerZ

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2013, 07:10:59 PM »

It should be the same case with great fairy mask, but I think there is a bug with it as I did not get anything new from it in a race last night. Also I'm not sure if it could be fixed but if you get postman's hat from another source and then try to get a reward from the postman, it checks for the postman's hat and you don't get any reward.

DekuScrub
Regular Guay

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2013, 04:21:22 AM »

Interesting note: with the generic filename 'Link' instead of getting the bomber's notebook Jim gives you a bow. This results in seeing an (ironic) interesting easter egg coming back from getting the moon's te-errm, the kamaro's mask...  Wink
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 04:38:59 AM by DekuScrub » Logged

SOLD OUT
cafde
Site Editor
Regular Guay

FrankerZ

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 06:20:43 AM »

There's another thing I came across in an any% race tonight. I knew milk was fish because when I did aliens at the ranch it gave me fish. Later, though, when I went to buy milk from the ingo bros. to get a fish to be able to bottle dupe they ended up just selling me milk. I guess this is an oversight?

DeathBasket
Regular Guay

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 02:32:39 PM »

There's another thing I came across in an any% race tonight. I knew milk was fish because when I did aliens at the ranch it gave me fish. Later, though, when I went to buy milk from the ingo bros. to get a fish to be able to bottle dupe they ended up just selling me milk. I guess this is an oversight?

Isn't the milk they sell you different to normal milk or something?
Anyway, I will be going back to this because I've found out about a few problems now. I'll probably have to remove wallets/FD mask from the randomiser to make certain goals actually possible (or just make Majora kid always give you an item while keeping important things off the moon if people still want FD). I'll take a look at some things that apparently don't work properly too and probably make a few changes to the randomisation. I guess you can expect an updated version in the next few days.
mmFruit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2013, 09:29:34 AM »

remains aren't randomised I assume?
GoronGuy
Site Editor
Regular Guay

MM Woop~

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2013, 11:00:29 AM »

Correct.

Just for consistency

<GoronGuy> What's your opinion on slavery?
<Washeyy> Make all Greeks slaves to redeem their debt.

<Indextic> what time was the ransomiser bingo
<Indextic> yes the ransomizer
<Indextic> all the items are held hostage and you have to pay to get them
DeathBasket
Regular Guay

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2013, 11:51:19 PM »

I didn't see any point in randomising them. Also, they seem to like crashing the game Sad

So anyway, a month after I said I'd update this (lol) I'm actually doing it. I've fixed all situations I've heard of where an item isn't given because you already had what it was meant to be (this was a bug I introduced by fixing something else before) except with the couple's mask, great fairy mask and bomber's notebook because I can't reproduce those, I'm always given an item. If anyone can give me a filename where it doesn't work I'll check it out. Details on the new version below.

New items:
Seahorse
Gorman bros' milk
Hot spring water
Tingle maps (if there is space in the list, I'd rather not reprogram anything)

Item availability fixes:
Beating Clock Town shooting minigame always gives big quiver (or equivalent)
Beating swamp shooting minigame always gives biggest quiver (or equivalent)
200 rupees in the bank always gives adult wallet (or equivalent)
Ocean spider house always gives giant wallet (or equivalent)
Big/biggest bomb bags (or equivalent) can always be bought regardless of the one you have
Hero's shield (or equivalent) in Clock Town shop can always be bought
Majora kid on the moon will always give you FD (or equivalent)

Other stuff:
Wallet sizes have changed. Maximums are now 250, 500 and 999 which prevents a wallet from becoming unobtainable by replacing the all-night mask, since at least one of the wallets should be somewhere you can find it. I'll probably change the upgrade and bought versions of swords to be the same (I think they're different at the moment) because I think it makes more sense. Trading items will be kept off the moon.

Due to the changes I'm making, this version won't be backwards compatible with the others. If you're going to race, make sure everybody is playing the same version (I'll do something to make them easily distinguishable). Race goals that should now be possible:
Any%
X number of masks
Full item screen (except bottles)
X number of songs
Equipment upgrades
etc.

I'll try and get this out tomorrow but it may be pushed back a little if I find any other things that need fixing or if I can't find the motivation. Smiley
GoronGuy
Site Editor
Regular Guay

MM Woop~

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2013, 05:48:55 AM »

Not a big fan of not being able to get random items from the banker

Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2013, 07:59:14 AM »

But you're okay with the other upgrade stuff not being randomized? This would just make it more streamlined with those others. The 1000 and 5000 rupee deposit rewards might still be randomized unless rupee/piece of heart rewards are left untouched.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 08:09:22 AM by Jeville » Logged
GoronGuy
Site Editor
Regular Guay

MM Woop~

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2013, 01:09:36 PM »

But you're okay with the other upgrade stuff not being randomized? This would just make it more streamlined with those others. The 1000 and 5000 rupee deposit rewards might still be randomized unless rupee/piece of heart rewards are left untouched.

80% of all the items I have received have been a lot more useful than a silly wallet upgrade

DeathBasket
Regular Guay

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2013, 01:35:14 PM »

When I say he always gives that item, I mean the item ID is always set to adult wallet. However, adult wallet itself is randomised so he will still be giving you a random item. This just avoids issues with the banker and the guy in ocean spider house giving you the same stuff. The same thing goes for the shooting galleries where in the current version if you find the biggest quiver before doing either shooting gallery, you're locked out of two items. The item IDs are fixed so that you aren't locked out of them, but the item you get from it is always random.

All upgrades are still randomised. Sorry if I wasn't clear, I was tired lol. The reason rupee and heart piece rewards are not randomised is because they are not distinguishable from each other; somebody giving you 50 rupees is exactly the same as you picking up 50 rupees from a dodongo regardless of the get item cutscene and every single heart piece in the game is the same item. If rupees get mixed with other items, you run the risk of not being able to get any money at all and could lock yourself out of getting bombs or other items you need to buy.
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2013, 04:00:14 PM »

Full item screen (except bottles)
Since there should be a bought version of the bottle not randomized, it is possible with this legitimate bottle duplication glitch if no bottle can be found in a chest to duplicate with stop-time for some file names. Being in Deku/Goron/Zora form guarantees getting a bottle stolen (after getting the bow to unlock item stolen mechanic) so it's not really a gamble. Considering only one legitimate bottle can be obtained, would the randomiser race allow either of those glitches to be legitimate use, or consider it done with just the one bottle?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 06:16:36 PM by Jeville » Logged
DeathBasket
Regular Guay

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2013, 09:26:07 PM »

Considering only one legitimate bottle can be obtained, would the randomiser race allow either of those glitches to be legitimate use, or consider it done with just the one bottle?

You could get three: red potion bottle, beavers, Dampé. If anyone seriously wanted to race a category where you must have 6 bottles, that dupe would have to be allowed; the only other way to get the bottles is if you were lucky and got a filename where extra bottles can be bought. Besides, banning any helpful glitch in a race of this wouldn't be a good idea.

Anyway, the new version is close to being done now. I haven't been able to add Tingle maps because they apparently do nothing when you get them from somewhere other than Tingle, so it seems pointless. I'll probably be able to get it up in a few hours' time.
DeathBasket
Regular Guay

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2013, 12:41:39 AM »

Okay, new version is up, download links on this page:
http://pastebin.com/A8FKbRYx

This should be the final release and everything should now work as intended. As I said, it's not backwards compatible so make sure everyone has the same version before you race. Most importantly though, have fun with it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: