ZSR Forums
April 16, 2024, 05:23:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask Randomiser  (Read 32319 times)
DeathBasket
Regular Guay

« on: July 11, 2013, 11:08:57 PM »

This is a hack I made of Majora's Mask  that randomises the items you get from NPCS, chests, etc. based on your file name - the same name will always get the same items.

Links on this page:
http://pastebin.com/M0asDmXy (updated again, purple tunic)

While I don't think there should be any remaining major bugs at least, I can't guarantee it's completely fixed. Thanks to GoronGuy for finding a ton of them by the way. Anyway, have fun.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 05:36:01 PM by DeathBasket » Logged
GoronGuy
Site Editor
Regular Guay

MM Woop~

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 12:12:29 AM »

Thank you!

We are going to have tons of fun with this.

<GoronGuy> What's your opinion on slavery?
<Washeyy> Make all Greeks slaves to redeem their debt.

<Indextic> what time was the ransomiser bingo
<Indextic> yes the ransomizer
<Indextic> all the items are held hostage and you have to pay to get them
cafde
Site Editor
Regular Guay

FrankerZ

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 04:00:59 AM »

While playing the vc inject, I came across a few problems (all on the seed "P"). First, I had already gotten goron and zora masks from the deku/zora mask cutscenes and when I went to get deku mask from the goron mask cutscene I didn't get it (or anything). Next, I could get any reward from the great fairy after getting magic. I also didn't get any reward from the witch in the hut after I healed her (I wonder if either of these have to do with not having deku mask...I doubt it though).

Edit-Also, when I defended the ranch from the aliens I got blue potion without getting a new bottle instead of getting a new milk bottle.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 04:06:08 AM by cafde » Logged

Venick409
Regular Guay

Didn't you guys forget something?

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 05:31:14 AM »

I ran into the same issues as Cafde. Could not get pictobox/whatever it would of been. I also got Goron and Deku, but couldn't get Zora when I tried to from where you get Goron Mask. making it impossible to finish the game.

I haven't done the aliens yet, so can't report on that.

[23:11:44] <Siglemic> buyin a game they think invented fps
[23:11:48] <greenfox> dude
[23:11:54] <greenfox> halo did invent fps
[23:11:57] <greenfox> didn't it?
DeathBasket
Regular Guay

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 11:28:56 AM »

By the sounds of it I've missed one of the instances where the Goron checks your inventory so I'm looking into that one now. Since you didn't have Deku mask, you couldn't get the Great Fairy's mask (or whatever she was supposed to give you) because you require it for the cutscene to trigger. I don't know about the pictobox so I'll see what happens.
Also, that you didn't get a bottle with the potion isn't really a bug; only some bottled items actually give you a new bottle with them and there's not a lot I can do about it. You are always guaranteed one bottle anyway though and that's enough to finish the game.

Edit: Goron mask issue fixed, I accidentally had the Goron mask's item ID my appearing in my item table twice... sorry! I'll go check out pictobox now.

Edit 2: The way this game works really is weird. If you can always get the pictobox after saving Koume, you can't give the postman Mama's letter on night 3 and vice versa. So, be warned, by fixing this you'll probably only ever be able to get the pictobox (or what replaces it) once.

Anyway, these are fixed so I'll upload what should now be the finished version of this.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 12:38:22 PM by DeathBasket » Logged
GoronGuy
Site Editor
Regular Guay

MM Woop~

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 01:02:17 PM »

By the way Death, You should join irc.speedrunslive.com #MM on IRC

<GoronGuy> What's your opinion on slavery?
<Washeyy> Make all Greeks slaves to redeem their debt.

<Indextic> what time was the ransomiser bingo
<Indextic> yes the ransomizer
<Indextic> all the items are held hostage and you have to pay to get them
DeathBasket
Regular Guay

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 01:29:33 PM »

New version is up, links here:
http://pastebin.com/A8FKbRYx

I'm going to play for a while on VC just to check the bugs were fixed. I'm hoping nothing else needs to be done because I'm kind of tired of hacking this game for the moment.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 12:35:47 AM by DeathBasket » Logged
DeathBasket
Regular Guay

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 11:52:59 AM »

Well someone found a bug where you could get Couple's Mask twice but it seems really rare that it would ever happen. I went and uploaded a new version anyway (links in this topic have been updated), I'm really sorry if you had to download this multiple times now. I don't plan on updating it any more after this.
Also, GlitchesAndStuff found a softlock that happens if you show a bottled item to some NPCs or signs, so beware of that.
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 10:57:07 PM »

This is seriously hilarious. I love it XD

Also, I was playing with a filename "FrankerZ", and I opened the chest with Fire Arrows and got Fire Arrows, but they didn't appear in my inventory. Not sure if that was a mistake in programming or just some random glitch, but it looks like it makes this seed impossible. I know you said you were done updating this, but I just wanted to mention that.
cafde
Site Editor
Regular Guay

FrankerZ

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 12:50:03 AM »

You got another item. The dungeon item chests will always show the bow/elemental arrows above your head but you'll get a different item.

Jimmie1717
Deku Scrub

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 01:50:23 AM »

Not sure if this was intended or not, but on the VC when I buy chu's from the bomb shop it always acts as if its a new item (link turns around and holds them above his head.) It really isn't a problem but it keeps you from buying 20 chu's with 69 rupees.
pwbluesky
Deku Scrub

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 02:03:02 AM »

Is there a specific program needed to run this ROM? I tried Proj 64 1.6 and 2.0, and it was a dark screen on 1.6 and it said "you need the n64 expansion pak" for 2.0. :/
cafde
Site Editor
Regular Guay

FrankerZ

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 02:21:29 AM »

Make sure the memory is set to 8mb in settings

pwbluesky
Deku Scrub

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 02:59:24 AM »

It works now, thank you!
DeathBasket
Regular Guay

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2013, 01:30:28 PM »

Not sure if this was intended or not, but on the VC when I buy chu's from the bomb shop it always acts as if its a new item (link turns around and holds them above his head.) It really isn't a problem but it keeps you from buying 20 chu's with 69 rupees.

Unfortunately this is necessary as there are some situations where not having a text box appear will cause a softlock because the game was expecting one and won't advance without it.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: