ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 02:06:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ganondoor randomness  (Read 5643 times)
Valientlink
Regular Guay

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

Email
« on: September 15, 2013, 09:04:41 PM »

Within the last month or so I learned ganondoor, it was hard at first but after awhile I had about 95% consistency with it. Suddenly now I have maybe 5% at most. Nothing I'm doing is any different than I've ever done it, so it's really confusing. What's even more random is that I have a savestate right when OI is active (before you cancel it, I'm using the MST setup.) In this savestate, it works 100% of the time no matter what frame I get. But if I leave to the room outside of Ghoma's and come back in to try, it warps me outside of Ghoma's room almost every single time. Not a thing has changed in my setup, so it really just baffles me why this isn't working.

On console it doesn't work either. I'll sometimes get a white flash but it will always bring me to the room outside of Ghoma. Even if I pause inside of Link's house.

Signature
Valientlink
Regular Guay

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 12:06:49 AM »

Okay, I have my consistency down again with an emulator (only the frame 1 setup seems to work though.) But when I try this on console, I get a white flash, and then I'm outside Ghoma's room, literally every time. I'm using 1.1U and pausing inside of Link's house doesn't seem to work.

Signature
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 12:28:23 AM »

Okay, I have my consistency down again with an emulator (only the frame 1 setup seems to work though.) But when I try this on console, I get a white flash, and then I'm outside Ghoma's room, literally every time. I'm using 1.1U and pausing inside of Link's house doesn't seem to work.

Did you already watch the Kokiri Emerald cutscene?
Valientlink
Regular Guay

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 01:36:13 AM »

For the file I've been practicing with (the one I get the white flashes to the room outside Ghoma's) I have all 3 spiritual stones and have already gone adult before.
Either way though, on console it just isn't working. Pausing in Link's house gives me the softlock when it does work.

Signature
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 01:51:26 AM »

For the file I've been practicing with (the one I get the white flashes to the room outside Ghoma's) I have all 3 spiritual stones and have already gone adult before.
Either way though, on console it just isn't working. Pausing in Link's house gives me the softlock when it does work.

White flash means you got the right frame, but since you already watched the cutscene, it doesn't warp you to ganon's tower.

Also I think on 1.1U you have to pause in the house of twins instead of Link's house. Or maybe that's 1.1J, I don't remember. If not, then just try waiting longer during the softlock to see if you ever gain control of Link.
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 02:30:29 AM »

On 1.1 J you need to pause in the House of Twins. In 1.1 U pausing in Link's house works, but you only regain control after like 10-15 seconds

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
Valientlink
Regular Guay

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 02:53:04 AM »

Yeah you're right Jbop. I started getting it again, turns out the problem was my N64 controller. When I was heading left toward the door, most of the time I wasn't going straight left. By using a different modded controller (has a gamecube like stick), I can get it about 7/10 times now. As for the white flash thing, I guess that was related to getting the emerald?

Signature
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 03:05:30 AM »

Yeah you're right Jbop. I started getting it again, turns out the problem was my N64 controller. When I was heading left toward the door, most of the time I wasn't going straight left. By using a different modded controller (has a gamecube like stick), I can get it about 7/10 times now. As for the white flash thing, I guess that was related to getting the emerald?

ya, the whole reason wrong warp takes you to ganon's tower is that it tries to play the kokiri emerald cutscene in the deku tree basement. That's why you can't wrong warp from Forest, Water, Shadow, or Spirit, because they takes you into chamber of sages first, instead of a cutscene directly. And Jabu doesn't work because Ruto is in the way
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 05:47:11 AM »

I should really document this stuff better, but I'm 80% 0% certain that the Kokiri Emerald is the only state that changes in the save after beating Gohma.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 05:52:22 AM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Valientlink
Regular Guay

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

Email
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 05:38:34 PM »

The randomness is back. There's something so illogical about this trick that I can't understand. Every setup no matter what frame I'd get used to work almost every single time. And like I mentioned earlier, there was one particular savestate made in OI where it would work with every setup, but now, it only works with the frame 1 setup between frames 1 and 3, and instead of just turning around and entering the door, I have to turn around, wait 2 seconds, then enter. Otherwise it won't work. Everything from OI to entering the hallway I know for a fact is done right, as is entering the door. I'll have to record a video just to show this off.

Signature
Valientlink
Regular Guay

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

Email
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 03:55:40 PM »

It turns out by slashing the sword instead of using a deku nut, I get it 9/10 times now. Very very strange...

Signature
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: