I would personally like to see the files for myself.
The length of the filename is incorrect. The range 1Ch-2Bh inclusive contains 10h items, not Fh. Also I find it somewhat curious that the filename's length is saved since the 64 version has a constant 8 1 byte chars.
The switch/hold settings are now part of the save format.
Are you saying that the tunic/boots byte (0xB7) is still active? As in, we can potentially rba over things?
Save for the MQ Water Temple crystal switch / locked door, the permanent scene flags aren't worth it to figure out on the 3ds version. The few flags you've figured out are enough to tell me that the vast majority will be identical to the 64 counterparts.
The Filename length is stored so the game knows how many bytes it should read. If you delete a file and create a new one over it, it will just overwrite the name from the previous file.
I create a file called "CloudMax", 8 letters.
Then I delete the file and create one called "Link". The save file will say "LinkdMax", and have a byte telling the game that the file name is only 4 letters long.
And yeah, the filename length is supposed to be 10. I recently rewrote it all in Calc/Excel, thought I fixed all the errors.
(Noticed that I did another mistake at the save counter offset)
The boots byte is still active, yes. This is the reason why you can't RBA over the boots item slot after you receive the boots. The game will revert them back right away as the tunic&boots byte says that you're supposed to have the boots. If you however remove the iron/hover boots from the tunic&boots byte with RBA, it is possible to RBA over the boots item slots again.
And I did not plan to figure out all the scene flags. The reason I wrote them down initially was to find the chest flag byte for deku tree (as it is the first 4 bytes in the first scene), then Dodongo's Cavern to figure out the length of one scene record. (as DC is the 2nd scene). Turned out that the scene record stayed the same on 3ds.
Just found a program that can open up 3DS save files in a file tree view (3DSExplorer v.18.104.22.168)
It allows me to extract each file separately. Now it all starts to make sense. The length of a save file is much longer than I previously thought, and the 3ds inventory grid is in fact part of the save file. (I have already documented the offsets for the inventory data, I just couldn't figure out it's offset relative to the save data)
Here's the save of my Main OoT3D file:
File 1: Sold Out on II as Child & Adulthttps://www.dropbox.com/s/cnj2f9pnfc2r721/save00.bin
File 2: 100%, has LA&IA as Items, Hasn't opened Kokiri Sword Chesthttps://www.dropbox.com/s/q6c9bnjofs5l9ir/save01.bin
File 3: FW NG+, at boss in all child dungeonshttps://www.dropbox.com/s/1ypf84n9wd20kwu/save02.bin
File 4: Watched Intro Cutscenehttps://www.dropbox.com/s/6q8m1p47161oev2/save03.bin
And here's the entire 3ds save file in one piece:https://www.dropbox.com/s/qnvhiazhaprw5th/Version%201.dec
I had totally forgotten about this, but I'm using the OoT3D from the Ocarina Edition, which means that I'm using the AUS version of the game. The save files does not support transfer between EUR and AUS copies of the game. It's quite a bummer, considering the other 2 cartridges I've previously used are the EUR version (I gave my original copy of the game with my first 100% file to my kid brother for christmas a few years ago, and my older brother is about to sell his copy of the game)... And I really wanted to transfer over them.. I've created save points at specific locations on them.
I do have a 4th copy of the game, a sealed one that comes with the zelda 3ds, but I honestly don't want to open it, even if it is a worthless game. :p
I can provide more examples and info on the specific saves if you need it.
The OoT3D Inventory Data seems to be located at offset 0x1370-0x13B9
the first 0x1A bytes stores what item you have in each item slot.
the next 0x18 bytes is a 6x4 grid (I, X, Y, II buttons is part of it) for child link, linking each inventory slot with a item slot.
The 0x18 bytes after that is the same thing for adult link.
Edit: Updated the list. Split some parts of the table into separate records, and added the OoT3D Inventory Data. And I wrote a function to calculate the Length for me (I'm writing everything in OpenOffice Calc) .. Started to get annoying having to fix the mistakes manually.
Edit2: Did some scarecrow song testing, and the offset seems to have moved by 0x18. I also performed a test to see where the World Map Data were located. And it seems to have moved by 0x18 as well.
I also noticed that both the Farore's Wind XYZ,Y-Rot Data & Farore's Wind IsSet Flag has moved by 0x18.
However, the X,Y,Z,Y-Rot section appears to be 0x14 in length instead of 0xA. This is just a wild guess from looking at the data, but perhaps they're using 8 bytes for each coord instead of 4, and 4 bytes for the Y-Rot. It would make sense as that way the Entrance Index is placed right after the Y-Rot bytes.