ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 04:28:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask Pause Menu Editor  (Read 6093 times)
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« on: September 04, 2013, 06:51:23 PM »

The Beta version of the new editor is out! http://cloudmodding.com/zelda/z64editor/
This is being developed for the MM NTSC-U and OoT MQ Debug rom
If you find any issues, please tell me, and specify which browser & version you're using.

NOTE: I no longer keep this thread updated, but I check it every now and then. To stay up to date with the development of the editor, follow this thread over at the gcn instead: https://www.the-gcn.com/topic/2622-cloudmaxs-z64editor/

The editor requires you to have a specific .zdata file to be used. use zdec to decompress the rom and get the file.

Here is an example of what the editor can accomplish:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 04:46:49 PM by CloudMax » Logged

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 07:10:11 PM »

the next question is... can you add icons to the quest screen

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 08:06:31 PM »

the next question is... can you add icons to the quest screen

Well, that would probably be extremelly difficult. However, if I were to port this to OoT at some point, there's already quite a few menu objects available since it has so many medallions and the spiritual stones to go with it. So it wouldn't surprise me if at some point you'd be able to replace the existing entires for new data on the quest screen.

And here's a basic mockup of what I want the next release to look like:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6440063/MM/ASM/editorv2mockup.png
Basically I want things organized, centered, aligned, and all that stuff.
And also I want the editor available as a standalone page & popup so that you won't be forced to visit the MM page to use it. (with most browsers now being able to store website shortcuts to make them look like native applications, it'll be even smoother)

Edit:
Here's a preview of what the new editor design looks like https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6440063/MM/ASM/editorv2preview2.png
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 12:25:33 AM by CloudMax » Logged

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 08:50:37 AM »

The beta version of the new editor is now released!
http://cloudmodding.com/zelda/z64editor/

If you find ANY issues, please tell me, and also specify which browser you were using, because browser compatability may not be that good for old browsers.

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 11:56:36 AM »

Well, the editor is no longer just a Majora's Mask editor (which was the point from the beginning, it's called z64editor because it's supposed to be for OoT & MM, and edit all sorts of things, not just the menues)
Here's a quick test I did (the only ingame test I did actually):

So, the editor now support the Ocarina of Time Debug Rom.
Note that this was done in just a day, so there may be some issues I haven't found yet.

I also implemented a new feature in the editor which saves the .zdata to the browser when you load/save a .zdata file so the next time you load the editor the file will be automatically loaded for you.
The Save/Load to Browser [Local Storage] feature is untested in this version of the editor. I plan to remove this feature altogether and rely entirely on saving the .zdata files. This will make the save future-proof as it won't rely on the current format used by the editor.

Some things I want to make clear about the OoT version:
OoT does not have separate tables for cursors, so there is no need for cursor objects in the OoT editor. The direction IDs has been moved to the selected object panel while in OoT mode, and the selected cursor panel is empty.
Object sizes does not have separate tables for Width & Height, they share value. However, since the song texture isn't quadratic the game must handle this object differently. I've rescaled the song texture temporarily in the editor to have proper width.
I haven't found where the game sets the Y Position of the song notes so you can only change their X position (the Y position won't affect the ingame result).
The background color format appears to be different and I haven't been able to figure it out yet, so you can't change the color for now.
The R Button direction ID was hardcoded to use the R0 register so an extremelly small ASM hack is applied to allow setting it.
I added the Save Panel and its textures. However, I still haven't added the gameover panel or the textures for it.

Here's an editor preview:

(already patched the text below saving/loading as the text was specific to majora's mask)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: