ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 08:53:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Time Topic  (Read 20648 times)
512: loadMemberContext(): member id 1 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /var/www/html/smf1.1/Sources/Load.php
Line: 969
RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 05:51:36 AM »

That I don't know, which is one of the reasons I'm testing this route. I'm not sure how accurate it will be though: I'm using a lot of savestates since I'm playing on keyboard. On the other hand, some tricks like ESSes I can't do on keyboard and other tricks I didn't think of until after I got past that point (such as not ISGing on the first timestop for Odolwa, only the second).

Also, the game timer is still accurate at keeping game time. It is just as accurate as it has always been in keeping game time. If it became night while the clock still said 10 AM, that would be inaccuracy, but right now the clock represents the time perfectly. And why does it matter when "actual gameplay" takes place? Even the term "actual gameplay" is subjective.

ded
Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 10:33:50 AM »

A time stop run could be as amazing as a "old-school" one. The speedrun will be based on the battles improvements and the many time stop impossible rooms. There will be challenge too, this won't be a 6:00 am run (that is possible with the time traveler glitch Tongue but realy not entertraining). Plus it would surely lead to a newer speedrun route which will refresh the speedrunning activities of the game.

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2009, 07:56:31 PM »

Usually time stopping glitches are only banned if you can get a time of 00:00 or 00:01.

time stop is flexible enough to be a legit tactic

Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2009, 06:22:38 AM »

A time stop run could be as amazing as a "old-school" one. The speedrun will be based on the battles improvements and the many time stop impossible rooms. There will be challenge too, this won't be a 6:00 am run (that is possible with the time traveler glitch Tongue but realy not entertraining). Plus it would surely lead to a newer speedrun route which will refresh the speedrunning activities of the game.
Time Traveler glitch? Never heard of it. What is that...

Well I'm not a hughe fan of using stop time in gamtime, but then again I'm not a hughe fan of gametime and using the glitch might make the route interesting again. making the goron mask worthwhile again for example.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 08:14:09 PM by Slowking » Logged

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
MrSparkle
Regular Guay

Hair Dye

linktetraww
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2009, 06:50:48 AM »

Whats all this interesting, different, and entertainment crud? You want to turn into tasvideos, where entertainment is the goal, then speed (sometimes no speed at all)? Ban bk skips from the any%, that'd make it more interesting. Using rules to artificially make a speedrun more entertaining sounds awfully twingalaxies like...

May get a recorder at year's end...