ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:23:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: ZSR Marathon Donation Incentives  (Read 12235 times)
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« on: June 13, 2013, 08:40:11 AM »

Pretty much every Zelda game has file names, which is an easy donation incentive. I don't want to have too many tho, so we might block file names into chunks of two games. Filenames are not enough as a donation incentive. Let me know of more possibilities. Challenges, Bonus Games, Alternate Choice, etc. Obviously only suggest something that you'll be able to feasibly do in the marathon.

<Triforce3250> You're my hero mode
jarvitz
Site Editor
Deku Scrub

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 08:15:07 PM »

LCT has no filename, but I guess you can donate for the link color at the start, being either green red blue or purple. Also since I think I am running any%, there could be a donation for all levels, which adds 2 more levels, and about 10 minutes to the game.
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 02:22:50 AM »

Glitch demonstration donation incentives would probably work out pretty well.  Archery guy/ass chest for OoT, human in wolf cutscenes in TP, etc.  A ganonless run for OoT might be cool too assuming time isnt an issue.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 09:48:42 PM »

Glitch demos is a good idea. I'm not completely sure about OoT, cause I was assuming a lot of major glitches might be covered by the Challenge goal. So it would probably still be ok though, if you have pre-prepared files. Too much time between glitches or long setups is kind of a buzz kill.

TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 07:29:44 PM »

I have two of those music disks that came with SS. Those are pretty minor, but easily rafflable during the SS run. Also, signed copies of games might be a cool incentive. We'd prob need to shell out like one or two hundred dollars to get extra copies of stuff, but that may be worth it. Thoughts? Volunteers? Recommendations?

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 02:04:44 AM »

Signed copies is the shit, make Cosmo sign a Wind Waker and you get donations Kappa

Too bad I cant donate, im into signed stuff Sad

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
ChristosOwen
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 12:47:58 PM »

Since it's a marathon run of any% no s+q I'd prefer not to have 100% as an incentive, although wouldn't be fully against either. Apart from filename, most other incentives are pretty weak, and most would detract from doing a "good" speedrun, but I guess could potentially do incentives for skipping the safety heart, doing fake flippers glitch, errrr maybe some random ways to kills bosses or doing some other funky shit. Not a lot of good stuff really though Smiley
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 06:50:34 PM »

Challenges are an interesting idea. But yea, not that much for lttp I guess. Unless it's like beat a boss with some crappy weapon or something. Maybe something ridiculously arbitrary, like "Sell the fish" (Kappa). But yea, if you think of something, let me know.

Also, isn't fake flippers pretty easy with the bush setup?

ChristosOwen
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 09:18:31 PM »

Yeah it is easy to do, but if you mess up and take damage in the water it will crash the game, so in a marathon I'd probably take a 6 second loss and use the overworld!
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 05:18:30 AM »

Fair enough. It's cool to see glitches like that, but it doesn't really save that much I guess.

Also, we could use some prizes too. If anyone is willing to donate something or make anything, that would be really appreciated. As mentioned before, signed copies of stuff are always a cool reward.

itsokaytohatebananas
Deku Scrub

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 01:23:49 PM »

I have two of those music disks that came with SS. Those are pretty minor, but easily rafflable during the SS run. Also, signed copies of games might be a cool incentive. We'd prob need to shell out like one or two hundred dollars to get extra copies of stuff, but that may be worth it. Thoughts? Volunteers? Recommendations?

I have another one of those if you want to raffle that off too. I also have a poster from Symphony of the Goddess (looks like this ) but I'm not sure if that would be any good :p
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 01:34:43 PM by itsokaytohatebananas » Logged
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 05:24:29 PM »

That poster is amazing :v You sure you're willing to give that up? I haven't seen that before, so I have no idea of the rarity.

itsokaytohatebananas
Deku Scrub

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 08:08:47 AM »

Yeah, I don't really have a use for it lol. I don't mind donating it haha
MC Gamer
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2013, 05:04:44 AM »

I actually have a decent donation incentive for Zelda's Adventure. If people want the run to be like < 10 minutes longer, I could feature some of the game's "best" voice acting for humor.

TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2013, 06:36:45 PM »

Yea, I'm fine with that. I had in mind that all the CDi games would basically have something like that. The schedule has the flexibility to fit that kind of stuff with the setup blocks.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: