ZSR Forums
April 19, 2024, 10:52:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adult Only Route  (Read 5256 times)
Eryth
Deku Scrub

« on: June 03, 2013, 04:29:30 AM »

For fun I wanted to try beating the game as adult link only and not glitching items into my inventory.

The goal would be to do absolutely nothing with child link. He would only get his sword, escape the forest via the water escape, then go directly to DoT skip. From there, try to beat the game without glitching any items into my inventory.

Basically, get all medallions and beat ganon without any child link preparation and no glitching items into my inventory that I do not have. So, pretty much I just have a number of questions.

A lot of areas require explosives, grabbing objects, and songs and this is the first road block I am trying to figure out.
-Bomb Bag. Bombs are super useful and top priority. Is there anyway to get into dodongo's cavern that does not involve needing bombchu's or being able to grab anything? Otherwise, the only way to get around  I know of would be to go to collect 10 skulltula's (possible) as adult link for the adult's wallet. Cross over the bridge in the valley with the hook shot and complete the gerudo membership to get into the wasteland. Cross over wasteland and get bombchu's for 200 rupees. What are the bombchu locations within the game from chests?

-Songs. I am not absolutely sure if songs would be required at all for what I plan on doing. The only important ones are Song of Time and Zelda's Lullaby for various things. Is there any way to play these without actually having picked up the songs originally? Otherwise, I am not sure how to get into zora's domain for the iron boots as adult link (chicken is not there). I believe you can get into the water temple without the iron boots, but I recall it being something rather ridiculous to try attempting.

-Grabbing stuff. Again, I am not sure if this would be required at all, but it got me wondering about the things that require the power bracelet to grab. So, what exactly requires the power bracelet/gauntlet to move or pick-up? What pops in my mind is that there is a statue in ganon's castle that can be used for the ganon skip. Do these statues require the power bracelet at all to move?

A preliminary route that comes to mind is:
-Get kokiri sword. Water escape. DoT Skip
-Get Hook shot.
-Gather 10 skulltula, Adult wallet, get 200 rupees.
-Get into gerudo valley (hookshot), get into haunted wasted land (normal membership route), buy bombchus.
-Dodongo's Cavern for bomb bag, death mountain for magic.
-Bomb hover into spirit temple for boots and defeat it.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 04:39:40 AM by Eryth » Logged
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 05:02:14 AM »

this doesn't look possible. You need zl for magic, or a bottle to wrong warp or rba in order to complete the game. you could get all the medallions with void hovering (have fun getting the shadow medallion) 
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 07:54:18 AM »

You can get into Zora's Domain as adult without Lullaby with hover boots or by swimming out of bounds from Lake Hylia, although you don't need to go there. Iron boots skip is very easy. Just do the house clip and swim to the entrance.

Spirit chus might require hovers... So probably carpet chus. Well chus are out of the question, I have no idea how viable GTG chus are if you don't already have explosives, and ganon chus require wrong warping or hovering (with explosives lol). Bombchu shop and bombchu bowling are child only.

Without Zelda's Lullaby, you cannot get magic to shoot Light Arrows, so you must skip Ganondorf by wrong warping.

3 of the bottles in the game can only be obtained as child. The 4th one can only be obtained if you already have another bottle. So bottles are out of the question, which means no OI for wrong warps.

It's possible to wrong warp without OI if you have FW on B. Of course, you need a bottle and magic to do that (and you must activate RBA, which is banned). I'm not sure, but it might be possible to use the ocarina in boss rooms if you escape the ranch game to permanently enable the ocarina button. Although that also requires FW on B as far as I know, unless there's a way to escape with FW on C by using swordless Link for any item on Epona. Although you can't get FW anyway without lullaby. Plus you wouldn't even have an ocarina.

If you could find a way to WW without OI or BA, then you would probably do Fire Temple last and use Hold R to get the eyeball frog timer, then do the eyeball frog WW from Fire to credits like in the 1.0/1.1 ganonless route. Or just do ganondoor from deku.

...In other words, no it's not possible. Both Zelda's Lullaby and Fairy Ocarina are required if you don't have a bottle.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 08:39:58 AM by nathanisbored » Logged
Eryth
Deku Scrub

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 02:37:43 PM »

You can get the fairy ocarina as adult link so you would have an ocarina.

Guess I'll have to make a few tweaks to the rba or early preparation bans.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 09:37:21 PM »

oh yeah, duh lol
lilkcough1
Regular Guay

thanks to vosva for the pic

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 12:44:41 AM »

Also, damage OI does exist, which just requires an explosive and a trade item, both of which are quite accessable at this point.  And the only way I can think that you could get the shadow medallion is doing the deku timer ww with some crazy damage OI setup to get to the bongo fight.  So it's POSSIBLE, but highly improbable.  And this option also rules out ganondooring past ganondorf.  Actually, now that I think of it, maybe some crazy setup for the 1080 spin thingy can ww you from fire to ganon.  I don't know, this just seems not worth it at all.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 03:16:26 AM »

I thought you couldn't use trade items in boss rooms... so you have to use either magic beans or spells. Maybe I'm wrong.

Also deku -> Bongo requires bottle item timer. Shadow medallion can apparently be obtained with void hovering though.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 04:21:51 AM by nathanisbored » Logged
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 07:26:36 AM »

The beginning of the run would be like Max % Adult. However, since it's impossible to defeat Ganon in Max % Adult because you can't get magic without ZL or FWWW without a bottle (you also need ZL for FW), it'll definitely be impossible to do it here.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 07:28:10 AM by Kimimaru » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: