ZSR Forums
April 19, 2024, 05:31:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: GCN 100%  (Read 12520 times)
Chimpas
Regular Guay

Inlove with Twilight Princess

WWW Email
« on: November 24, 2009, 04:45:45 PM »

Route tested and confirmed

The 100% definition is:
Anything that increases your power/skill, all items (you keep Ancient Sky Book forever), all heart containers/heart pieces, all poe souls, collection screen complete (swords, shields, clothes), all golden bugs, all dungeons done, all fused shadows/mirror shards, all hidden skills, all upgrades (quiver, wallet, bomb bags, fishing rod+coral earring), does not include letters, scents or all map complete, since they do not increase power/skills, though finall scent is obtained as al letters since theyré unskippable >_>
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 05:44:25 AM by Chimpas » Logged

PMIT
Deku Scrub

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 02:02:40 AM »

Thank you for this. I'll test the full route in the coming weeks. However, I didn't see the Cave of Ordeals anywhere, but that would probably be a segment of its own somewhere after CitS.

I wonder if we could get Paraxade's route for comparison purposes (is it in the SDA thread?)
SD2
Special Guay

tokay stole ma shovel

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 02:11:29 AM »

Thank you for this. I'll test the full route in the coming weeks. However, I didn't see the Cave of Ordeals anywhere, but that would probably be a segment of its own somewhere after CitS.

I wonder if we could get Paraxade's route for comparison purposes (is it in the SDA thread?)
Cave of Ordeals is no longer required, but we still need the three poes in there.

[00:09:38] <%Runnerguy2489> .entranta
[00:09:42] <%Runnerguy2489> .etrnats
[00:09:42] <%Runnerguy2489> fuck
[00:09:45] <+Zero> lol
[00:09:46] <%Runnerguy2489> .etrants
[00:09:48] <%Runnerguy2489> FUCK
PMIT
Deku Scrub

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 05:25:17 AM »

Cave of Ordeals is no longer required, but we still need the three poes in there.

Yeah, I know that, but as far as I can tell those poes aren't mentioned in the GCN route.

Edit: Also, I thought the fish journal was decided to not be required for 100%. Are those just artifacts from when Chimpas's route included the fish journal?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 05:27:59 AM by PMIT » Logged
Chimpas
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 03:36:06 PM »

Yeah, I know that, but as far as I can tell those poes aren't mentioned in the GCN route.

Edit: Also, I thought the fish journal was decided to not be required for 100%. Are those just artifacts from when Chimpas's route included the fish journal?
That link route is outdated, the most prescice one will be at the wiki in a week maybe, or less

« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 05:30:58 AM by Chimpas » Logged

ArthurDent
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 04:18:49 PM »

I'm no expert at TP, but about the route seemed a litle strange to me. It seems to complicated in the dessert area. Wouldn't it be faster to go through the camp area normally, and get the heart piece at the way. Then do Arbiters Ground and do the other thing in the dessert. The poes appear at night, so it seems when a glance at the route it must a continous long night through may segment. It don't seem to work around the Illia affair and such.
Chimpas
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 08:15:46 PM »

I'm no expert at TP, but about the route seemed a litle strange to me. It seems to complicated in the dessert area. Wouldn't it be faster to go through the camp area normally, and get the heart piece at the way. Then do Arbiters Ground and do the other thing in the dessert. The poes appear at night, so it seems when a glance at the route it must a continous long night through may segment. It don't seem to work around the Illia affair and such.
I tested the wii route while writting it, I said i don't know if it would wor for the cube, if it is not at night during that segment the it must be moved, in the wii the night is enough, but are you sure you did the run as fast as possible? because a couple of minutes slower kake the night of that segment to go away and would't be enuff

logitechsdaz
Regular Guay

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 07:02:10 AM »

Skip riding back to Kakariko. Saves around 02:15.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohlztuF6cLU

edit: Do BIT during King Bulblin fight and BITE off Eldin bridge and the King Bulblin cutscene won't be there. Should save another 5 seconds (it takes about 5 seconds normally to skip that cutscene), but would look odd in a speedrun to do BIT and BITE twice in one segment.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 09:34:09 PM by logitechsdaz » Logged
Elminster45
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 11:33:35 PM »

BITE off Eldin bridge

LMAO isn't that what the Twilit Messengers are for?
logitechsdaz
Regular Guay

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 03:21:07 AM »

LMAO isn't that what the Twilit Messengers are for?

Not sure what you're saying. Twilit messengers have nothing to do with the BITE glitch. They don't even appear until you beat Goron Mines and destroy the boulder close to the bridge. BITE is done after iron boots, before GM.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 03:28:23 AM by logitechsdaz » Logged
Elminster45
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 07:54:37 PM »

I was making a pun on the word bite.
bluephantom340
Special Guay

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 05:50:40 PM »

I was reading through the route and why doesn't it use the EMS fixed glitch? Even if you do the "fix" does it prevent you from getting 100%?

[13:57] <Kaztalek> Give me a week and I guarentee I will be a top 10 MM player.
[18:34:23] <ingx24> i suck at mm
http://www.youtube.com/user/ayumuhd
logitechsdaz
Regular Guay

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 05:07:20 AM »

I was reading through the route and why doesn't it use the EMS fixed glitch? Even if you do the "fix" does it prevent you from getting 100%?

Fixed ems 100% is probably possible, but seems like it would be slower. I haven't timed it, but consider this for fixed ems...

You have to do the super jump off a twilit messenger to the ledge, complete the statue puzzle, play normally until you get bombs, ride Epona back to Faron, go back through the poison mist, get back on the ledge, get ems, warp back to Kakariko village, and finally open the Eldin portal. I can't imagine this being faster than the normal 100% route, where after you buy bombs (and catch a couple of more bugs), you open the Eldin portal.

Even with ems tricks to make the bulblin riding Kargaroc die by touching the water and entering the tunnel faster, or save warping past the water tunnel in Lakebed...I know those wouldn't offset the time spent getting fixed ems.

With normal ems, 100% isn't possible. You must go to Cave of Ordeals to get Poe souls. To get there you have to warp the missing piece of the Eldin bridge, and it happens to surround the CoO. The Eldin twilit messengers have to be defeated for you to be able to warp the bridge piece. There are 3 triggers for those twilit messengers to appear.

1. The giant rock close by must be destroyed
2. Goron Mines must be beaten
3. Both these have to be done before Lakebed Temple is beaten

You can't enter Goron Mines with normal ems until after you get the spinner, at which point the Eldin twilit messengers won't appear.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 05:11:08 AM by logitechsdaz » Logged
Chimpas
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 09:56:15 PM »

I just tested until SPR, everithing works fine, I have corrected minor mistakes (most of them translating from Wii to cube), but there are some tricks I can´t get to work like LJAs in dungeons and BiTE

ComboKing
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2010, 05:30:21 AM »

I just tested until SPR, everything works fine, I have corrected minor mistakes (most of them translating from Wii to cube), but there are some tricks I can´t get to work like LJAs in dungeons and BiTE
What LJAs Can't you get?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: