ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:08:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should impromptu be on Saturdays or Sundays?
Saturday - 18 (69.2%)
Sunday - 8 (30.8%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Impromptu scheduling  (Read 7728 times)
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« on: November 23, 2009, 02:49:40 AM »

We've done 2 successful impromptu speedruns but now there's some scheduling problems. 

The first is if impromptu should be moved to Sunday or stay on Saturday.  Vote on the poll above.

The 2nd is what date the next impromptu should be.  If we go by the normal 3rd Saturday of  the month it would make it December 19th which seems a bit too close to Christmas and people might be busy.  Should it stay on the 19th or be moved to the 12th?

Also some people suggested making this biweekly instead of once a month.   We've decided to keep it once a month for now because turnout rates may be lower because people will think missing 1 isn't too bad because another is coming up soon and ideas might run dry.  However, if the next impromptu is on the 12th we may schedule 2 impromptus in January to make up for the unusually long period between impromptus due to the holidays.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
icebreaker007
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 03:01:20 AM »

wow if it does happen to be on the 12th, that'd be perfect
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 03:32:28 AM »

Dec 12 for sure

SD2
Special Guay

tokay stole ma shovel

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 03:41:13 AM »

12th stays out of the way of the weekend before Christmas, so put it there for sure.

Also, stop scheduling these when I have work or other stuff. Sad
Putting it on the 12th makes me unavailable, but I'm probably going to use that weekend (19th and 20th) to get a ton of crap done, so maybe it's a good thing in the long run. Tongue

[00:09:38] <%Runnerguy2489> .entranta
[00:09:42] <%Runnerguy2489> .etrnats
[00:09:42] <%Runnerguy2489> fuck
[00:09:45] <+Zero> lol
[00:09:46] <%Runnerguy2489> .etrants
[00:09:48] <%Runnerguy2489> FUCK
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 03:44:16 AM »

I will always be more free on Sundays than Saturdays, so I voted Sunday.

As for Christmas, I don't know how big of an issue it will be. I'd guess the 12/13 is safer and then do two in January, maybe first weekend and 3rd weekend then go back to 3rd weekend in Feb.

I'm almost definitely not able to make any of those days except maybe the 20th so go with majority.

turnout rates may be lower because people will think missing 1 isn't too bad because another is coming up soon
I am still failing to see this logic. I am sure many more people are with this idea of thinking: "If I can make it I'm participating, if I can't I can't." It doesn't matter if these were once every 6 months...if I'm busy I am missing it period. If I can make it 4 months in a row then I can. If it's bi-weekly I'm never going to think, "well I could make it but there's another one in 2 weeks sooo..."

The good point, in my opinion, is the ideas running dry, because I do see it being a problem to keep coming up with good, quality ideas. These first two were extremely high quality ideas. The reason? Look at the results threads of what people did for their routes...there's a ton of different routes. That's what makes it so fun. Not everyone is doing the same, precise route.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 03:55:44 PM »

still to early

just keep it on saturday

most people want to keep it on saturday, if you have a look at the votes Wink

Yeah it did seem odd changing it to Sunday the week near Christmas when the poll indicated most people wanted it on Saturday and the 12th was safer.

Too early? You mean too late? I know either way I would stay up to 2 am to play Zelda even if I had school the next day.  Tongue

Still, might as well pick a time that works best for most people...would 11 AM PST / 2 PM EST on Saturday be better than 1/4? We might as well look at all kinds of time slots to see what can pull in the most people.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 03:58:53 PM by Runnerguy2489 » Logged

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
icebreaker007
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 09:23:36 PM »

it if is going to be on the 12th, then really any time is fine with me.
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 10:28:02 PM »

I'll make myself free for all of 12th cuz my friends didn't ask to do anything yet

im such a nerd: "sorry, i gotta play zelda"
lol

Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 08:49:57 AM »

Saturday for sure.

Both weekends are reasonable, but they surround my finals week.  The 12th might not work for me if I have a lot of tests to study for, but on the 19th I might be busy moving out.  Either one is OK and I'll try to make it if I can.
Blizzerk
Special Guay

What is this I don't even-

Blizzerk@live.com
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 01:03:44 PM »

ZFG, I'm suprised you asked what day would work for everybody. You can't please everyone. Just look above me, very mixed comments...

We should just have it on the same day, same weekend each month imo.

[21:02:55] <Blizz> Uhh...
[21:02:59] <Blizz> RingRush..
[21:03:06] <Blizz> I was meaning to ask you something
[21:03:13] <RingRush> no I will not go to prom with you
[21:03:16] <Blizz> :<
------------------
<@jiano> get off my lawn you damn kids
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 05:36:10 PM »

If you can't please everyone you should at least try to please the most amount of people.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Unreal
Regular Guay

unreal704
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2009, 07:23:57 AM »

Every 4 weeks on a saturday, 12 pm central us time...
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 04:02:45 AM »

Ok next impromptu will be December 12th and will always be scheduled for Saturdays. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: