Author Topic: New ZSR, Editors Needed!  (Read 94315 times)

Offline wooferzfg1

• Regular Guay
Re: New ZSR, Editors Needed!
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2014, 09:45:37 PM »
Hi, I'd like to be an editor for The Wind Waker. There haven't been many edits recently, and I noticed that a lot of pages had some really outdated or wrong information or were completely empty, so I'd like to help to get most of these pages up to date since I know a lot about TWW (I made most of current Any% route).
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 12:13:51 AM by wooferzfg1 »

Offline Yoshistar95

• Deku Scrub
  • Beating my own limits!
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2014, 09:45:15 AM »
I'd like to be an editor for ALBW, I know a lot about Treacherous Tower routes and I can provide videos too about it :)
#1 ALBW, since February 2014 (minigames)

Offline quo

• Regular Guay
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2014, 09:54:53 AM »
Can I be a tmc editor? there are like 4 tmc pages that are not "under construction" and we only have 1 non-global editor to deal with it

edit: I can also be an oot and mm editor if we're short but those aren't really as pressing
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 04:58:31 PM by quo »

Offline mzxrules

• Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2014, 07:40:08 PM »
Updated moderator statuses for everyone except yoshi bc idk
Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.

Offline AmberWynne

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2014, 03:27:48 PM »
I'm told this is where I need to go to apply to help verify runs--in my case, for OoT.

Do I need a cover letter?  :)

Offline mzxrules

• Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2014, 12:36:59 AM »
Sort of. Since I don't know you I need to know that you know the game or someone I know to vouch for you
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.

Offline Valientlink

« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2014, 09:47:44 AM »
I'm not sure how much time has to go into being an editor, but I've noticed that many of the pages for OoT display outdated strats or don't show certain useful tricks at all. For newcomers given the ZSR link as a source of learning tricks, this might put them at a disadvantage. Anyway, I'll consider doing this depending on how you feel about it.
Signature

Offline nathanisbored

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2014, 11:32:18 AM »
Sort of. Since I don't know you I need to know that you know the game or someone I know to vouch for you

I can vouch for amber. She watched a lot of oot and has done short bingo. She's a mod in Moltov's chat if that means anything to you.

Offline mzxrules

• Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2014, 11:12:07 AM »
ValientLink/AmberWynne are in
Braid

Offline Valientlink

« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2014, 07:25:12 PM »
Cool. So, do I need to choose a section of interest? Or just update what I feel could use an update?
Signature

Offline Jbop

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • Potatoes are useful.
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2014, 10:53:21 AM »
Whatever you wanna do using this http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=1422.0 and common sense  ;)
Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.

Offline Valientlink

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2014, 11:33:58 AM »
Alright, I should be good then. Just let me know whenever editor status or w/e is granted
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 03:24:25 PM by Valientlink »
Signature

Offline Valientlink

« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2014, 12:29:59 PM »
Ok, I can see now that I'm allowed to verify or delete runs, so I know it's granted. However, how would I go about editing the glitch databases? I downloaded markdown (if that's needed) but it only came with 3 textfiles
Signature

Offline mzxrules

• Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2014, 12:52:39 AM »
Top-right control panel. Edit pages.
Braid

Offline Valientlink

« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2014, 04:33:17 AM »
Alright. Tried to edit a page but got "I am error" though
Signature

Offline Pedalpowertoast

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
  • I'm an artist :O
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2014, 05:06:19 AM »
If you press "preview page" even once before you save the edit, you will get an error screen, a fix is possibly coming in halloween :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol

Offline Valientlink

« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2014, 08:50:36 AM »
Wow dude lol. That's exactly what happened, I guess I'll be more careful next time. What's funny is that this actually happened on blackboard too for an online college assignment, wasn't too happy with having to re-do it.
Signature

Offline Zelkys

• Deku Scrub
  • French 3D Zelda Speedrunner!
    • French 3D Zelda Speedruns
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2014, 04:17:30 PM »
Can i help to verify video? i'd like to help you, and maybe help to complete some sections :) (MM/TP/OOT)

Offline mzxrules

• Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2014, 02:58:08 PM »
yes
Braid

Offline Zelkys

• Deku Scrub
  • French 3D Zelda Speedrunner!
    • French 3D Zelda Speedruns
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2014, 12:39:05 AM »
oh cool, thanks :3

Offline Yoshistar95

• Deku Scrub
  • Beating my own limits!
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2014, 11:37:47 AM »
What do I need do to get trust in you to make me an editor for ALBW? I've submitted a No OoB time (bad I know, wrong route, lol) and I know how to do Treacherous Tower in WR speed. (helpful in 100% speedruns! (optional to have proper equipments)
#1 ALBW, since February 2014 (minigames)

Offline TreZc0_

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2014, 11:43:33 AM »
I would like to keep sum of the Twilight Princess Sites up2date. Actually the stuff is in pretty good shape but are several tricks which are not documented and I guess we could some basic stuff on generell movement, attack patterns etc.

I guess some of the better known runners like Mofat, Dragonbane or Viva can vouch for me if needed.
Otherwise I will submit a time for any% sooner or later.

Offline TheZeldaGuy518

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2015, 07:48:18 PM »
I don't know if we are still using this, but I would like to be editor for ALBW and MM3D. I run ALBW and will be running MM3D shortly and I know a lot about both games.

Offline benstephens1000

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • I'm the worst
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2015, 05:03:56 AM »
I would like MM3D editor to fill the black pages. I've been stockpiling videos of many of the tricks for ZSR already.
"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012

Offline mzxrules

• Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2015, 08:39:36 PM »
Ben you're in
Braid

Offline gymnast86

• Regular Guay
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2015, 10:31:55 PM »
Wondering if I can be an editor for MM3D?

Offline nighthawkraven18

• Regular Guay
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2015, 03:14:01 PM »
i can help verify runs for oot if im needed, ive been running and watching runs for about a year now.

Offline NOUFozzy

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2015, 08:45:06 PM »
I'd like to have editor for MM3D, I've been following pretty much everything since the beginning so I'd like to add some of my own. And while we're at it, I'd like OoT3D editor as well, if possible. I have the community to vouch for me.

Offline mzxrules

• Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2015, 10:50:45 PM »
Added gymnast, nighthawkraven, NOUFozzy
Braid

Offline oseabass

• Regular Guay
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2015, 07:26:43 AM »
I'd like to be added as an editor for the Link's Awakening (and DX) community.  I currently have a very high standing on the ZSR leaderboard for LADX and participate/help frequently in the weekly races we hold.  I also have created a video tutorial on my YouTube to explain and teach runners about Piece of Power mechanics in the LA games.  I also am a programmer by day, so I would be familiar with whatever CMS/HTML you are using to handle page creation.  If needed, Tompa, Mabdulra, or any of the top LADX runners can vouch for me.

I would like to start beefing up the LA pages here on ZSR to help new runners learn the game easier.  One of my goals is to create a "trick" and "back up strat" library of sorts with video/text descriptions for them.  I used ZSR a lot when learning and was saddened with the lack of content for LA.  I know Mab was also working on a text guide for new runners and I would like to help him out with that when I can too.

-Seabass

Offline mzxrules

• Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2015, 08:06:15 AM »
added oseabass
Braid

Offline SilentKnight115

• Deku Scrub
  • Starlight Adventurer
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2015, 10:39:37 PM »
I'd like to be an oot editor; I haven't had much time to practice and execute full runs as of late, but I still enjoy being around the community and making small videos where I can.

They speak of thunder, I prefer the quiet.

Offline Powerstar9

• Regular Guay
  • Bumper of Time
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2015, 01:54:20 PM »
I'd like to be an editor for MM3D. Got my hands on the game, I like contributing to this community, and I want to keep things up to date on this site as much as possible.
"When I first discovered AS and Turtle Skip, I was like Kreygasm for 2 hours." Me from Anwonu's stream.

Offline Weegeechan

• Regular Guay
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2015, 02:51:11 PM »
I'd like to be a MM3D editor as well. I'm already editor for ALBW and SS and the MM3D pages are really lacking information. I'd love to help update all the pages as best I can.

Offline Squirelofjustice

• Regular Guay
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2015, 09:49:01 PM »
MM3D editor if possible

Offline mzxrules

• Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2015, 04:22:15 PM »
Updated all
Braid

Offline SlaskPrask

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2015, 11:33:08 PM »
I would like to become an editor for mm3d, I have lots of knowledge and would like to be able to contribute!

Offline BigHairyFart

• Regular Guay
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2015, 07:03:21 PM »
I would love to become an editor for Majora's Mask 3D. I have tons of knowledge of the majority of the Zelda franchise, but most pages are pretty up-to-date, with the exception of MM3D, with it being as new as it is.

Thanks!
This place is as dead as Link was that one time he forgot to catch a fairy in his bottle.

Offline Riddler

• Regular Guay
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2015, 07:14:52 PM »
I'd Like to become an Editor for Link's Awakening (and DX) because there is only one written route for the entire game and there are a lot of new tricks that are crucial to the routes that haven't made their way to the page yet. I have a top 10 time in the main Category and a tied WR in the glitched any% category

Offline Riddler

• Regular Guay
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2015, 06:09:56 PM »
I feel like the LA Pages don't contain nearly enough info and the new runners are confused as to what to do because there are new routes and a lot of new strats that arent on the page. If needed any of the top runners (zorlax, Leon, Greentunic) could recommend me ;)