Author Topic: New ZSR, Editors Needed!  (Read 94322 times)

Offline mzxrules

• Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
New ZSR, Editors Needed!
« on: May 07, 2013, 08:42:30 PM »
Now that the new site is finally up, we are in need of editors to write and edit pages for the site. We are accepting editors for ANY zelda game (except Link's Crossbow Training ::), and possibly Hyrule Warriors), not just the ones that currently appear on the drop down list.

If you are interested in contributing, post what games you will be willing to write tricks for, and provide some evidence that you know the game. I also suggest asking an existing editor to recommend you.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 11:00:47 PM by mzxrules »
Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.

Offline risingCale

• Regular Guay
Re: New ZSR, Editors Needed!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 02:45:44 PM »
Not that I can find them (Glitches, etc), but I'm willing to clean up and write up pages for anything people want to throw at me. Not that you guys probably need that.

Offline Rubicon

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 08:06:36 PM »
I would be more than glad to help! I know OoT and MM pretty well and have been starting to look into other Zlelda games too. I also am decently savvy with webpage coding and such :)

Offline ING-X

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
  • fuck you and the horse you rode in on
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 05:26:58 PM »
I know MM and TP pretty well and have done runs of both of them, so I could probably help with those pages.
<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime

Offline mzxrules

• Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 05:37:09 PM »
You should be able to edit MM/TP pages now Ing.
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.

Offline Cranson

• Site Editor
  • Deku Scrub
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 09:40:04 AM »
I'd be willing to write for Link's Awakening and Link's Awakening DX.  I'm more experienced in DX than B&W (just got a WR on 100% DX last night), but the tricks are mostly the same, with a few exceptions, and I do have some experience in the B&W version as well.

Offline mzxrules

• Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 02:46:19 PM »
Cranson, you can now edit LA and DX pages. If there really are only a minimal amount of differences (like OoT's MQ), I'd say just edit the DX site.
Braid

Offline Jbop

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • Potatoes are useful.
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 03:32:14 PM »
We've already decided to edit the LA site only  ;D
Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.

Offline mzxrules

• Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 04:13:25 PM »
That works. I hope to see some LA pages soon
Braid

Offline nathanisbored

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 11:38:34 PM »
Does this include rewording pages or adding visual cues to help with the explanations? For OoT, I think that some pages may address things that are no longer relevant as a use. And some pages have very technical explanations that may confuse newcomers. I think there may be ways to rewrite certain pages to make them easier to understand (without oversimplifying). RBA and Wrong Warp come to mind. Wrong Warp (at least the basics of why it works) shouldn't be so hard for people to understand, but I think they are put off by all the technical info. The RBA page could use more visual aids, like pictures of the inventory highlighting certain parts that are relevant to the explanation, or pictures of the items instead of just values and loads of charts. And bring back the RBA calculator!

I don't know if I'm capable of doing any of these things, but it's a suggestion. It really seems like just linking the RBA page to someone who doesn't understand the glitch hardly helps them at all. They just end up more confused.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 11:43:01 PM by nathanisbored »

Offline GlitchesAndStuff

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • Feel free to ask me anything
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 01:02:43 PM »
I'd like to be a MM editor, there are a bunch of things in need of updating and adding to that. Other than MM, I can do TWW, SS and Phantom Hourglass if there is nobody else to do it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 01:44:16 PM by GlitchesAndStuff »

Offline r0bd0g

• Regular Guay
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 05:14:27 PM »
You could make me an OoT editor if you want but I'm very lazy so I probably won't edit anything >_>.

Offline Razor7581

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
    • Youtube
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2013, 08:20:56 AM »
I was an editor before the site got revamped. I'd be happy to edit wind waker and a bit of tp stuff.
Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?

Offline Any0ne

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 10:22:12 AM »
I'd be happy to be an editor for OoT, I'm fairly new to ZSR so there's not much proof I can provide of that, but once I get a new controller, I can post pics of my GC 100% saves, and I'm currently working on an any% route.

Offline Holden

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2013, 05:58:26 AM »
i'd like to update the wind waker section of ZSR and the only proof i got is that i wrote an any% route and i'm currently 10th on the any% leaderboard.

Offline Abahbob

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • I make videos of games that are done very fast.
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2013, 11:35:07 PM »
What do you mean by "wrote an any% route"?

Offline Holden

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 03:14:35 AM »
http://pastebin.com/pktGkUTC

posted it in an other thread cause he was searching for routes

i don't know the exact routes for the newer superswims post-windtemple but i'll add them when i know them
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 03:16:43 AM by Holden »

Offline Feiqn

• Site Editor
  • Deku Scrub
  • Am I so beautiful that you have no words left?
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2013, 10:26:20 PM »
I've been (and still am) throwing up pages on the LttP section. I'm not sure if you were just looking for people to upload pages here for submission (like I've been doing) or if you're actually handing out editor privileges, but if you are doing the later it could save mzx some time if you promoted me. Just a thought.
Gotta go fast.

Offline Vulpone

• Regular Guay
  • im vulpone
    • Vulpone on Twitter
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 02:24:19 AM »
i'd like to access the wind waker pages
i've been around a while and know quite a lot about it due to various tests and low% goofs

Offline jarvitz

• Site Editor
  • Deku Scrub
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2013, 09:03:11 PM »
oot editor please, im jarvitz thats all that needs to be said.

Offline Pheenoh

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • Locked in cafde's basement
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2013, 08:25:57 PM »
oot editor please, im jarvitz thats all that needs to be said.
It really is.
<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed

Offline pok3monrocks

• Site Editor
  • Deku Scrub
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2013, 06:36:25 PM »
I would like to apply for editor on both, Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass pages. I have done runs of both games as well as I am knowledgeable about the two.

Offline nathanisbored

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2013, 01:50:07 PM »
Umm, I don't exactly know what I have to prove it, but I know a lot about technical details of OoT (how RBA works, side effects of certain sequence breaks, wrong warp a little bit, etc.). I don't know much about specific setups and strategies, but I think I can still be helpful. I've noticed a few things on some OoT pages that are a little outdated or misleading, so I would like to apply for OoT editing powers I guess.

Offline Abahbob

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • I make videos of games that are done very fast.
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2013, 05:28:14 PM »
Could I get editor and/or the ability to verify twwhd runs?

Offline mzxrules

• Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2013, 11:41:00 PM »
Ok so Pokemonrocks you've been made editor for Phantom Hourglass / Spirit Tracks. Nate you've got OoT access. Everyone with Windwaker access now has Wind Waker HD access. Feiqn I just added you as editor for Link to the Past.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 11:44:24 PM by mzxrules »
Braid

Offline ArcaneZaros

• Deku Scrub
  • Happy 12th Birthday ZFG!
    • Youtube
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2013, 09:15:27 PM »
When I'm first learning a trick, I find it really helps to have visual aids to be able to see the trick done in real time. I feel that MM sections especially are lacking videos and are outdated. I can make videos of some new strats to help out the site. Here's an example of what I could do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqzQJq0ipe8

I would appreciate being made editor for OoT and MM.

Offline RheaultWnage

• Site Editor
  • Regular Guay
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2013, 07:51:01 PM »
I could take care of the ALBW section. I've already provided some screenshots for a few of the tricks, but I could also write up some descriptions and keep stuff updated. :)

Offline jasongu

• Site Editor
  • Deku Scrub
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2014, 12:53:51 PM »
I would be willing to write the Phantom Hourglass pages, I have a written route and can make videos of tricks

Offline mzxrules

• Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2014, 09:38:46 PM »
Made you editor of Phantom Hourglass
Braid

Offline Razor7581

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
    • Youtube
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2014, 01:26:28 PM »
Been getting into Majora's Mask and noticed that a lot of the new dungeon tricks haven't been included. Editor for MM would be great.
Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?

Offline cafde

• Site Editor
  • Regular Guay
  • FrankerZ
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2014, 05:24:25 PM »
I'd like to be editor for oot

Offline mzxrules

• Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2014, 06:42:54 PM »
Done, done.
Braid

Offline Weegeechan

• Regular Guay
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2014, 12:02:36 PM »
I know a fair bit for Skyward Sword and a whole lot for ALBW. I'd love to help edit these pages and any future Zelda games!

Offline Tr621

• Regular Guay
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2014, 04:07:32 AM »
I know a decent amount of information for ALBW.
"I once stored a quick draw on my sword without de-equipping the bottle in my hand in an attempt to bottle dupe over sword. Didn't work." - nathanisbored, 2013

----

lol us da beg key

Offline Apasher

• Regular Guay
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2014, 02:11:07 PM »
Are editors still needed? If so, I'd be willing to update some of the OoT pages with the most recent tricks and strats, and could provide videos as well if needed.

Offline Weegeechan

• Regular Guay
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2014, 11:04:13 AM »
I'm not sure if editors are needed :( mzx hasn't answered yet so Idk what's going on

Offline LemonKong

• Regular Guay
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2014, 04:02:22 AM »
I too would like to make contributions for ALBW.

Offline mzxrules

• Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2014, 06:46:27 AM »
Sorry, I kept forgetting to make you editor Weegeechan. You're now an SS/ALBW editor.
Tr621 is also an ALBW editor.
Apasher, you're an OoT editor
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 07:01:15 AM by mzxrules »
Braid

Offline gymnast86

• Regular Guay
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2014, 11:44:57 AM »
I was wondering if I could be an editor for TWW(HD). Some of the pages on that game are outdated.

Offline mzxrules

• Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2014, 02:58:30 PM »
Done for both
Braid