ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:38:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should MST stop using NG+?
yes - 6 (54.5%)
no - 3 (27.3%)
idc lol - 2 (18.2%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MST question  (Read 8080 times)
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« on: April 30, 2013, 01:39:43 AM »

I am fine either way because this does not change the route at all. Note that if you are running this game you should leave a comment about it.  Wink
ilovesmok
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 01:57:45 AM »

If it doesn't change the route why have it?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 02:19:34 AM by ilovesmok » Logged

Zelda/Kirby/Pac-Man/Smash Bros./Monkey Ball 2 Speedrunner
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 02:09:47 AM »

I am against ng+ for everything except any% ng+ and all dungeons. That is all.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 04:28:48 AM »

I don't honestly care, sorry. I'll run what the people want. Honestly NG+ is more fun, but if people want to get all picky about rules it won't matter to me. I'm fine with anything.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
flameringer0629
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 05:04:23 AM »

I am against ng+ for everything except any% ng+ and all dungeons. That is all.
So you just don,t want mst to have it? Lol. I think the same thing Fox said.

LAXYXY
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 07:57:52 PM »

I dont think its legitimate and should be banned most of the time, but I think that in the case of all dungeons it changes the route so much and increases the quality of the category enough that it should be allowed.

Benzouz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 09:17:26 PM »

Hi everyone,

I "up" a little this topic just to say that I absolutely agree I don't find NG+ legitimate at all and it's a shame that people aren't interested in no NG+ speedruns...
It can be MST, all dungeons or any% I think it doesn't matter.

That beiing said I'd like to know if someone could tell me the changes to the MST route to make it without any Blue wrong warps please
Is there a way to get the same result but with death hole wrong warps ?
Also I've checked the MST NG+ route it seems that the only use of the master sword on B is to kill Bongo Bongo, which can be done as adult link that's not a big deal...

Thank you Wink
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 10:09:41 PM »

Sorry the MST route has not been updated on the site. This is the newest route http://pastebin.com/NyQUfmX6

This route also says NG+ but basically the only difference it just to get the kokiri sword at the beginning of the game, instead of already having NG+ Master Sword. Basically no one is doing NG+ anymore anyways for MST which is a good thing imo

Kinglong5555
Deku Scrub

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 12:09:15 AM »

Hi everyone,

I "up" a little this topic just to say that I absolutely agree I don't find NG+ legitimate at all and it's a shame that people aren't interested in no NG+ speedruns...
It can be MST, all dungeons or any% I think it doesn't matter.

That beiing said I'd like to know if someone could tell me the changes to the MST route to make it without any Blue wrong warps please
Is there a way to get the same result but with death hole wrong warps ?
Also I've checked the MST NG+ route it seems that the only use of the master sword on B is to kill Bongo Bongo, which can be done as adult link that's not a big deal...

Thank you Wink
You do realize, Any%, 100%, MST, and all sub categories don't use NG+...And I see why MST should not use NG+, (Which it doesn't.) But saying it shouldn't be in All Dungeons or Any% (NG+) (Though, Any% is far superior.) Almost seems like completly banning wrong warps (Just for an example.) Though i'm sure a new All Dungeons route is coming, due to the new DoT skip. :p As for MST No Wrong Warps, there is already a topic for that, as well as a route.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 01:19:13 AM »

Though i'm sure a new All Dungeons route is coming, due to the new DoT skip.
Already done. Pretty much the same but idk who has the actual written route. I just have it memorized Tongue

Benzouz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 02:07:05 PM »

Thanks for the route benstephens1000 Wink
Yeah that's cool it doesn't really need NG+

To answer Kinglong5555, I'm not looking for no WW routes but only no RI FWWW on blue warps route cause I find them almost impossible

So I was looking at your route benstephens1000 and I was thinking that maybe the first RI FWWW after Dodongo to get the nocturne of shadow isn't really necessary cause you can enter the shadow temple right after getting the hookshot using doomjump and then get the shadow medallion
I guess it change at the end when playing nocturne the get to the bottom of tower collapse but still that can done another way (but longer of course...)

Also a few questions:
what does mean RI FW CS skip ? I know what these letters mean but not what it means in the game
and what does LACS mean ? this I don't understand the letters

Eventually just to say: I'm not looking for the perfect route, I just want to make an "easy" MST run in a decent time for a begginner like me (I've already added a few things to the MST route like getting the slingshot cause I find hellfire skip to hard :p)
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 03:06:32 PM »

Also a few questions:
what does mean RI FW CS skip ? I know what these letters mean but not what it means in the game
and what does LACS mean ? this I don't understand the letters

RI FW CS skip means Restricted Items Farores Wind Cutscene skip. Its the same as RI FWWW, but not a wrong warp.
LACS is Light Arrow Cutscene.

benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 09:12:23 PM »

Na ya need nocturne to WW to Gabon at the very end. It actually saves a ton of time because you have to watch a CS anyways and it skips ganondorf

As for a beginner route... I have like a really old one that used NG+ FW. I think 2:50 would be possible with a pretty good run with it. Kind of a bad route but would you like it? Definitely easier and no RI FWWWs
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 09:19:13 PM by benstephens1000 » Logged

Benzouz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2013, 04:45:16 PM »

You can still DHWW to just after Ganondorf but as I said it would be much longer

Well yes I'd like to have a look at a beginner's route because there's other things where I'm stuck for example getting mirror shield early I really can't manage to get from the heart piece to to the chest...
But it would only be to have a look I'm really not interested in NG+ :p

Also last question is there a difference between an all dungeons route and an MST route except the trials of course ?
Otherwise is there a new all dungeons route using the new DoT skip ?
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 05:49:46 PM »

This is the old route http://pastebin.com/EAUQwWM9

right now all dungeons isn't all that serious of a category and is more to show off a cool route more than anything, at least in my opinion. Because of this we use NG+ Hammer and DHWW to Volvagia as child to skip having to get the legit hammer. Most of the dungeons are the same and i think dungeon order is similar as well, but child has a lot of small difference due to NG+ hammer, and adult has some small differences as well. Really the two categories are quite similar though.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: