ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 01:45:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: importing maps to oot suggestions  (Read 13014 times)
doommaker
Special Guay

The DoomJump....The most hated name of all time.

« on: February 17, 2013, 05:40:53 AM »

hey

I just learnt how to import (almost) any Nintendo 64 game "map" into Ocarina Of Time
everything works almost perfectly except for the textures....which "technically" I can fix but it would take for ever.....I need some suggestions on maps to import like I said before it can be from (almost) any N64 game such as Golden eye,LoZ MM,banjo Kazooie,ect (it also works with gamecube games but I cant do it,cause I need a game cube emu which I'm not going to download)

*Notice* it only works with games that don't need the ram expansion pack (donkey kong 64 would NOT work)

Also If I decide to make a map that you suggested I will leave a link to the rom that I injected the map to so you can play it (you will need pj64 v7 to play the rom)

P.S if you want to help me,send me a .fla (save file) of you standing in the map you want me to import.

i.e If you wanted Clock Town from Major's Mask then make a save while you're standing there and send me the .fla file.

PJ64: download

rom: pm me for link (I don't have it yet)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 12:42:43 AM by doommaker » Logged
risingCale
Regular Guay

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 05:00:32 PM »

Wouldn't linking to the Roms be against some sort of rule? Just curious. It's not a bad idea to be able to import maps, but last I checked linking to Roms isn't allowed.

doommaker
Special Guay

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 07:54:03 PM »

Wouldn't linking to the Roms be against some sort of rule? Just curious. It's not a bad idea to be able to import maps, but last I checked linking to Roms isn't allowed.

I think its legal as long as you don't make a profit off the rom and you own the games that you used to make the mod.
risingCale
Regular Guay

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 10:24:41 PM »

Well it is kind of subjective to mods ruling. Despite that, are you using any certain programs for that? I do find modding fun.

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 10:29:32 PM »

Doom, sharing ROMs in anyway is illegal so instead PM or do something else.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
doommaker
Special Guay

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 12:41:40 AM »

sorry Ill edit the topic

Well it is kind of subjective to mods ruling. Despite that, are you using any certain programs for that? I do find modding fun.

yes,I am using a couple of programs:

1.1964 (N64 emu which is used to export the map as a .wrl)
2.Mesh Lab (I use it to convert the .wrl to a .3ds)
3.Google Sketchup Pro (I use it to edit the .3ds and save as a .obj
4.sharpocarina (it Imports the map to a debug rom)
5.PJ64 (plays the debug rom)

all of them are free except for google sketchup pro which I used a serial key to get.

I can make a tut if you want Grin
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 12:49:49 AM by doommaker » Logged
risingCale
Regular Guay

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 10:48:09 AM »

That'd be neat. Though I actually know my way around most of those programs since I work with CryEngine 3. Smiley

doommaker
Special Guay

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 11:39:39 PM »

That'd be neat. Though I actually know my way around most of those programs since I work with CryEngine 3. Smiley

I was thinking of working with that engine myself :3
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 11:05:40 PM by doommaker » Logged
risingCale
Regular Guay

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 02:23:40 PM »

I use the CryEngine3 SDK because it's free and I have full source code access. I like source code access. I did manage to pull out the beginning area from Majora's mask though and import it into sketchup. My only problem is the faces are all backwards. Like the outside of the model is what you'd see rather than the inside area you'd actually play on.

doommaker
Special Guay

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 01:49:39 AM »

I use the CryEngine3 SDK because it's free and I have full source code access. I like source code access. I did manage to pull out the beginning area from Majora's mask though and import it into sketchup. My only problem is the faces are all backwards. Like the outside of the model is what you'd see rather than the inside area you'd actually play on.

it sounds like you could simply reverse the faces....but it would still require editing.How about you just tell me what room of MM you want and Ill give it to you with all the textures in a .3ds file.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 02:05:09 AM by doommaker » Logged
risingCale
Regular Guay

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 03:45:45 PM »

How would you do that in Sketchup? Lol. It doesn't matter which room. I just wanted to test it and try to import it into CE3 and see what I can do with it. xD Though I did notice that the model of the starting area I ripped from MM is slanted.

doommaker
Special Guay

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 10:29:07 PM »

ya mine are always completely side ways xD which is actually quite easy to fix cause they are exactly 90 degrees.

oh and the reverse face thing only really does textures so I don't know how much that would help you....but you select all (ctrl + a) then right click and select reverse faces.also if your thinking of creating your own maps be sure to add sand box in your preferences its so handy for the terrain Cheesy.

edit:you dont need 1964,the plugin works with pj64 lol
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 02:30:29 AM by doommaker » Logged
risingCale
Regular Guay

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 04:36:23 PM »

Huh. Quite interesting. I'll have to try it. I want to see how well I can import these all to CryEngine. Remake the beauty of MM or OOT in a new engine. Might try doing it with like Djipi's Cel-Shaded packs since I feel it suits OoT or MM well. Better than a Twilight Princess like graphic style, imo.

doommaker
Special Guay

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 08:38:21 PM »

here Ill give you all of kokiri forest from oot just give me a sec to upload it and edit it..

https://mega.co.nz/#!sBEXARKT!ZIDR31xgNKqg0FmWWOpDOG8CEZ4FzRkd7o9z-S5n_Tk

the textures turned out horrible but the collision mask wont be bad...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 07:26:29 PM by doommaker » Logged
risingCale
Regular Guay

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2013, 08:27:40 PM »

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/482609_566152746735935_1429789261_n.jpg

I got the Temple of Time into CryEngine. That work?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: