ZSR Forums
April 18, 2024, 05:15:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Early Triforce + Early Master Sword  (Read 19665 times)
TrogWW
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2014, 08:06:02 PM »

I think we need to look over the flags for the barrier again.
Entering Hyrule 2 normally, then enabling full Triforce (with cheats) allows me to fight the Dark Nuts and beat the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYZH1GddImU&feature=youtu.be

Full MS and full Triforce are NOT requirements to break the barrier. The only flag (I believe) is that the cutscene of Link running up to Hyrule exterior after the Dark Nut fight is triggered.
The flags for that cs (I believe) are:

Electric barriers enabled in hyrule 1
   Full Triforce.
   Dark Nuts dead.
   Link statue open.

Therefore, full Triforce is always required. But in my video I show that even when disabled with cheats the cutscene still plays.
What makes this potentially significant is that the full Master Sword is not required.
The problem is having the statue open.
This needs to be looked at more in depth. If there is a way to enter Hyrule interior with the statue open and full Triforce then I believe barrier break early is possible.

Also strangely, I can leave Hyrule and reenter if I obtain the full Master Sword. Then for some reason when I reenter Hyrule the barrier has already been broken.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 08:15:36 PM by TrogWW » Logged
wooferzfg1
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 12:20:02 AM »

We've done some research and come to the conclusion that the only trigger for breaking the barrier is watching the cutscene with Link running towards the electrical barriers along with these barriers disappearing. However, we think this cutscene triggering depends on a set of flags:

Hyrule 1's electrical barrier disappearing cutscene must play (this cutscene can play in Hyrule 2 if it is delayed by doing Hyrule fight skip). This cutscene is triggered by pulling the Master Sword and then defeating all of the enemies (or the game checking in Hyrule 2 and finding out that they are gone).

In Hyrule 2, the cutscene in the courtyard playing along with the Tetra turning into Zelda cutscene must play.

In Hyrule 3, the Mighty Dark Nuts must be defeated.

Interestingly enough, the flags that are used for Hyrule 2 are the same flags that are used for advancing the game past FF2 (spawning Medli at Dragon Roost and allowing Link to obtain the Fire and Ice Arrows). Beating FF2 does not actually trigger these things.

Here's an FAQ made by Ace on all this new barrier stuff: http://pastebin.com/EX3m5hfB
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 11:48:11 AM by wooferzfg1 » Logged
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 03:52:36 PM »

Here's an FAQ made by Ace on all this new barrier stuff: http://pastebin.com/EX3m5hfB
I have one more question since it's been a long time since I've messed with this. Completing the triforce doesn't open up the portal to hyrule, does it?

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
wooferzfg1
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 05:52:13 PM »

I have one more question since it's been a long time since I've messed with this. Completing the triforce doesn't open up the portal to hyrule, does it?

Opening the portal to Hyrule requires beating Wind Temple, not just having the Triforce. This is because the Triforce can be obtained before beating Wind Temple in a casual playthrough (by leaving the temple after getting Hookshot)
wooferzfg1
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 11:35:47 PM »

CryZe found the flags for all of the Hyrule events using memory addresses (like Cosmo), so now we know for sure what the barrier triggers are.

Flag for breaking barrier:
- Watch the Link running to the electrical barriers cutscene in Hyrule 3

Flags for cutscene with Link running to the electrical barriers in Hyrule 3:
- Pull the Master Sword
- Watch the Courtyard cutscene in Hyrule 2
- Trigger the Tetra transforming into Zelda cutscene
- Defeat the Mighty Darknuts

Also, it is very interesting to note that the flag of entering the Helmaroc cutscene at FF2 actually determines whether or not most cutscenes will crash. For example, the Delivery Bag Cutscene crashes if the flag for entering Helmaroc has been triggered, and Puppet Ganon and the cutscene for breaking the barrier will crash if entering Helmaroc has not been triggered.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 01:15:28 AM by wooferzfg1 » Logged
CryZe
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2014, 03:36:41 PM »

The triggers for the Cutscene which warps you to Hyrule 3 after getting the triforce shards are:
- Have a fully charged Master Sword
- Have all Triforce Shards
- Watched the Tetra to Zelda Transformation Cutscene
(- Watched the FF2 Helmaroc Cutscene to prevent crash)

Neither Wind Temple, Earth Temple nor any of the songs are checked though.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: