ZSR Forums
April 16, 2024, 12:50:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Which runs are worth studying?  (Read 11165 times)
risingCale
Regular Guay

« on: January 22, 2013, 04:46:34 PM »

Ok, so I've not been able to study many runs due to the lack of internet where I live. I was wondering what runs should I download (Obviously through Youtube to FLV Converter among other things) to study when I'm without internet? I'm actually most interested in 100%, but I do watch Any% and Low% as well. So I was kind of curious if anyone could point me in the direction of runs that are worth studying.

I have Keeta's 100%. Had ZFG's 100%, but he told me not to watch it due to it being terrible or something on stream. Never hurts to ask, right?

Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 07:44:40 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4hOdvPyoPs

Any% Tutorial, might be helpful.

World Record Any%:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqabEuFBNz8

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
risingCale
Regular Guay

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 10:48:11 PM »

Thanks Pheenoh. This helps out a lot. Smiley

GoronGuy
Site Editor
Regular Guay

MM Woop~

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 02:49:59 AM »

Don't learn Low%

<GoronGuy> What's your opinion on slavery?
<Washeyy> Make all Greeks slaves to redeem their debt.

<Indextic> what time was the ransomiser bingo
<Indextic> yes the ransomizer
<Indextic> all the items are held hostage and you have to pay to get them
T00lri0t
Deku Scrub

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 04:36:47 AM »

Dem hovers
risingCale
Regular Guay

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 11:25:48 PM »

Don't learn Low%
Ahahaha. Yeah. I don't feel like torturing myself. It's torture to watch a Low% run. That and I tried doing hovers up like you would in Low%. I raged, gave up, got lullaby. I'm terrible at Lullaby skip due to it's reliance on SS which I tend to fail 99 times out of 100.

GoronGuy
Site Editor
Regular Guay

MM Woop~

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 04:33:50 AM »

You should just buffer it then

risingCale
Regular Guay

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 04:20:04 PM »

Unfortunately as many times as I try buffering as well, I end up failing still because I can't find a good rhythm for it and end up messing up a frame and screwing up. I'll keep practicing though.

Yashichidsf
Regular Guay

the man himself

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 04:23:46 PM »

it's okay pheenoh can't buffer either

I can display millions of polygons!
risingCale
Regular Guay

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 04:37:38 PM »

Lol. Well I don't feel bad about not being able to do it. I'd like to be able to do it, but it's just the fun of having another way of playing through the game. To be honest, it's really just a learning experience for me. I've learned so much about Majora's Mask and the way the engine works over the past couple of months due to reading the pages here and looking at the way the engine handles stuff.

Though, I'd still like to be able to do it. I'll keep practicing with buffering. I think where my biggest issue is that my timing is off. It's not that I'm ending up with Ground Jumps, I'm hitting the A button too late and ending up with damage instead of a superslide. My setup is decent, but my execution is off, so I need to work on that.

Edit: Don't mind my emulator, widescreen resolution, infinite health, items, and rupees. Kind of don't have a Wii at work. Regardless, I was able to end up with some. I didn't do any buffers because I'm simply terrible at buffering. Any ideas? I was able to get a couple super slides, but not many. I can see when I roll early, ground jump obviously.
http://www.twitch.tv/risingcale/b/366683077
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 05:42:01 PM by risingCale » Logged

mmFruit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 12:39:28 AM »

try out my strat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkU3fQiwrYc

i suck at buffering too, and kept failing it, then did it unbuffered and now im pretty consistent

dno if it works for you but worth a try
GoronGuy
Site Editor
Regular Guay

MM Woop~

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 04:24:26 AM »

I think it's about time i made a tutorial for this

risingCale
Regular Guay

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 04:35:39 AM »

I think it's about time i made a tutorial for this
It would help. Your Any% Tut helped out a lot. Remembering the route at times is tricky, I still have a habit of forgetting SCT Owl, but it'd be very much appreciated if you do.

Also mmFruit, 3 flashes, back flip on third flash, roll, mash a? Is that what I'm seeing?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 04:37:38 AM by risingCale » Logged

Yashichidsf
Regular Guay

the man himself

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 01:12:48 PM »

The way GoronGuy described in his YouTube tutorial was to pull out bomb on around the third frame of the wind blowing, then buffer to the completely blue frame after the 3rd flash, drop it, backflip, continue to hold back until you see Link's knees, then hold control stick forward, roll and mash A. Also, a good thing to remember is that destroying the boulders makes them stop spawning. Because of that I use a Bombchu to destroy the boulder that falls on the lowest level. Like, I move over to the place where you do the superslide, then I turn to where the boulder falls and rolls and I release a chu to blow it up. Just makes it so that you don't have to worry about being flung into it by the wind when climbing the ramp.

If your superslide doesn't quite make it and you instead get blown into the fairy fountain you probably pulled the bomb out too late. The angle for the superslide isn't actually super precise, as long as you angle it close to the wall you should be fine.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 01:17:20 PM by Yashichidsf » Logged

I can display millions of polygons!
mmFruit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 01:20:53 PM »

risingCale: yes, but dont mash for the roll, so you dont roll on the first frame when you land
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: