ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 04:31:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: General Trick Discussion  (Read 205681 times)
JRD05
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2010, 03:19:42 AM »

Hyrule Castle Aeralfos Skip:

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=7VLGLJ4J

The only way I know of to escape the barriers right now is to get game over.
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2010, 11:55:40 PM »

Very nice. You should get a youtube channel.

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
brynnagiadrosich
Regular Guay

This is my own personal text. You cannot have it.

WWW Email
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2010, 01:32:52 AM »

I assume you tried saving and quitting? Where did it put you after coming back into the game?

"To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward."

Goal: To speed run Twilight Princess 100%
http://www.youtube.com/user/brynnagiadrosich
JRD05
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2010, 12:11:30 AM »

Razor,

Thanks, I originally made a megavideo account so I could upload my ILs.  However, since those days are probably done for me and megavideo has some upload limitations, I think I will create a youtube account in the near future.

brynna,

Since Hyrule Castle is considered a dungeon in this game, save warping will place you back at the entrance of the whole level.  Death warping sends you to the last set of double doors you entered to get to the towers.  The fastest theoretical way to leave the barriers that I can think of is to somehow get oob and fall into a void.  You will reload in the same spot as death warping but you won't have to put up with the game over stuff.
bluephantom340
Special Guay

« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2010, 04:09:07 AM »

Looks like game over is the best for a speed run. Nice find

[13:57] <Kaztalek> Give me a week and I guarentee I will be a top 10 MM player.
[18:34:23] <ingx24> i suck at mm
http://www.youtube.com/user/ayumuhd
TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Working on Skyward Sword: segmented and rta

Email
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2010, 01:10:08 AM »

Hello, I know this is probably the wrong place to ask this, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread...

I've been looking for a route for an any% segmented GCN run so if someone has a route written down somewhere it would be great if I could see it. Thanks
ComboKing
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2010, 02:52:01 AM »

http://speedruns.wikia.com/wiki/Zelda_Twilight#GCN__100.25_route

Should be up to date.
TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Working on Skyward Sword: segmented and rta

Email
« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2010, 03:10:58 AM »

thanks a lot!
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2010, 03:14:42 PM »

I think that this glitch has been majorly overlooked and forgotten:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-9BAcMEGPI
Surely this could be used to skip the first and second goat games, unless freezes occur.

Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2010, 02:13:17 AM »

no, it hasn't been. first off it doesn't work until after you've finished the second herding, second off you end up getting permanently stuck at the taming epona sequence
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2010, 09:20:21 PM »

no, it hasn't been. first off it doesn't work until after you've finished the second herding, second off you end up getting permanently stuck at the taming epona sequence
Too bad. I was really hoping it would skip the second goat herding.

JRD05
« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2010, 01:07:27 AM »

Has the second goat herding skip already been tested in conjunction with a BIT game file?
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2010, 01:12:14 AM »

Again. There is no second goat herding skip, because the trick doesn't work until you've already finished herding. It's 100% useless.
JRD05
« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2010, 07:15:08 PM »

Again. There is no second goat herding skip, because the trick doesn't work until you've already finished herding. It's 100% useless.

That doesn't answer my question.  I was wondering if this Ordon Ranch "alternative exit" was performed on a BIT game file.  If so, I was curious as to whether or not there is still a dead end at Kakariko Village, since Epona is already tamed, and if there are any other effects.   
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 07:16:41 PM by JRD05 » Logged
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2010, 05:59:53 AM »

For those of you who don't quite get it yet, this is my theoretical "Skip half the forest" route

We do the normal Any% Seg route through from BiT up until just after the Sword and Shield skip. From there we do EMS normally, but without collecting bugs. We shouldn't need to collect them because we should be able to do BiT Equipped from Mayor Bo's house to jump straight into to Kakariko Twilight. From EMS we go over to the Forest Temple to collect the Gale Boomerang, then head to Bo's house, save, and BiTE.

Here is where we run into the big issue. We cannot warp from the map screen with Z warp without destroying the messengers on the other side of Kakariko Gorge, and without this we cannot warp the cannon for Early CitS. However, if we clear Kakariko Twilight, we lose the ability to learn the Z warp. So we have to figure out somehow to get to the other side of the bridge, or else Skipping half of the forest will be useless in a speedrun.

Despite that, the skip should still be possible. After we clear Kakariko Twilight, we should be able to activate the Map Glitch without the Z Map button in Hyrule Field and fly Epona around past the boulders blocking the path to Laranyu Twilight. However, I still haven't been able to manage to activate the map glitch unless Midna is on my back. Hopefully we'll also still be able to warp the Goron Rock as it doesn't require the Z Map button to warp, but I have a funny feeling that someone already tried this and failed with cheats. From there it should be relatively smooth sailing until the CitS subquest,where I've forgotten everything about that crap.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: