ZSR Forums
April 20, 2024, 02:30:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: General Trick Discussion  (Read 208489 times)
JRD05
« Reply #195 on: May 26, 2012, 11:08:44 PM »

You can push the door open if you map glitch from the other area. It still doesn't matter though. The only possible chance of early hyrule castle is a wrong warp. There is absolutely no other way to do it. Even if you could use items.

Ah I see what you are saying.  You can get past the first door if you glitch from Hyrule town square.

However, I wouldn't consider that to be the closest early Hyrule Castle method.  In fact, it's pretty far off and isn't really a method at all.  You can walk an infinite distance past the first door using cheats if you do map glitch in Hyrule square then go to north Hyrule and you still won't see the hyrule castle door or a loading zone.  Unlike oot, loading zones are only active when you have the larger map area active that they are in (it willl be highlighted on your mini map).
Pheenoh
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #196 on: May 27, 2012, 01:05:35 AM »

Quote from: JRD05
Wait, you can bypass the first set of doors? Is there a vid of this somewhere?
Quoted for truth. Vid please. How do you bypass the first solid exterior column?
I was saying that's the closest thing if it were possible. I even explained why it's not in the very next sentence. >_>
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 01:08:07 AM by Pheenoh » Logged

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #197 on: June 12, 2012, 09:42:26 PM »

TP is now officially broken:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blRGiFIQ1-Q

edit: another: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Iu-rQAKQ1M
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 10:32:53 PM by ahou » Logged
Pheenoh
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #198 on: June 13, 2012, 04:02:03 AM »

Greatest tricks evar

<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
Pheenoh
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #199 on: June 22, 2012, 04:00:04 PM »

Other interesting things Rog found (some may be old):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fQom5r-nbA
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mixSnWxFa80
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DteW0VRd5xw
www.youtube.com/watch?v=el_Ju1iMO3w

Only the first one is useful. (100%)

EDIT: Actually, thinking about it, that one isn't useful either. It'd be way faster to just talk to the mailman.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 04:02:10 PM by Pheenoh » Logged

ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #200 on: June 22, 2012, 09:18:28 PM »

Yeah, that mailman skip is useless, since you wouldn't have epona.

The ljas in lost woods would save time for fixed ems, but obviously that isn't useful.
Pheenoh
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #201 on: June 23, 2012, 02:40:25 AM »

Yeah, that mailman skip is useless, since you wouldn't have epona.

The ljas in lost woods would save time for fixed ems, but obviously that isn't useful.
Actually you would at that point in 100%, that's why it's useless. The horseweed grass is near the Kakariko entrance, so you'd have to roll all the way to lanayru.

ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #202 on: June 23, 2012, 05:43:19 AM »

Actually you would at that point in 100%, that's why it's useless. The horseweed grass is near the Kakariko entrance, so you'd have to roll all the way to lanayru.
That's what i'm saying. You would not have epona if you skipped the mailman. Unless we find a way to lja with epona.
Pheenoh
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #203 on: June 23, 2012, 12:25:49 PM »

That's what i'm saying. You would not have epona if you skipped the mailman. Unless we find a way to lja with epona.
I expect to see Mega LJA in the following weeks.

ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #204 on: June 24, 2012, 05:10:43 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YRBCRYyRSo
lja across kakariko gorge, this time it's actually possible. It's a little too slow, and far too impossible to be useful though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoId6UdtJh0
spinner skip, if ehc is ever found (lol).
JRD05
« Reply #205 on: June 24, 2012, 07:43:18 PM »

You've posted some interesting discoveries there.

Yea, that Kakariko gorge crossing method is a little slow.  But does it have merit for a single segment run (or low% single segment if it is really slow) when taking into account the new forest escape, since you can't BIT, BITE, or reset?

And it's good we can skip the spinner.  The only problem is that when the spinner is skipped, I think you would also have to skip the double clawshots.  You need the spinner in City in the Sky to get across that first bridge and eventually make your way to the mini boss fight.  Most likely you won't be able to skip the double clawshots because of that long empty hallway in Hyrule Castle before the last darknut fight.  But who knows, maybe a way will be found now that there are TASing capabilities. 
Pheenoh
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #206 on: June 24, 2012, 07:50:32 PM »

You've posted some interesting discoveries there.

Yea, that Kakariko gorge crossing method is a little slow.  But does it have merit for a single segment run (or low% single segment if it is really slow) when taking into account the new forest escape, since you can't BIT, BITE, or reset?

And it's good we can skip the spinner.  The only problem is that when the spinner is skipped, I think you would also have to skip the double clawshots.  You need the spinner in City in the Sky to get across that first bridge and eventually make your way to the mini boss fight.  Most likely you won't be able to skip the double clawshots because of that long empty hallway in Hyrule Castle before the last darknut fight.  But who knows, maybe a way will be found now that there are TASing capabilities. 
Single Segment still can't use the new forest escape because of Lakebed Temple. Can't skip City in the Sky because you have to get into Palace of Twilight. The gap in Hyrule Castle for the double clawshots is too large for an LJA to even come remotely close, so I doubt spinner will ever be completely skipped even in a EHC scenario.

ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #207 on: June 25, 2012, 06:09:22 AM »

Isn't there a way to do cits without spinner?

Single segment without zora armor would need water bombs before entering lakebed. I believe the only way to do that is to fish for them, which i can't imagine being faster. Getting over the fence is almost impossible anyway. I tried for 2-3 hours yesterday, and couldn't get over again.

It's definitely impossible to skip clawshots. The stairs in HC are about the same height/distance as the spinner one, but without damage boost, you can't jump across any of the platforms.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 06:17:39 AM by ahou » Logged
Pheenoh
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #208 on: June 25, 2012, 12:38:52 PM »

Single segment without zora armor would need water bombs before entering lakebed. I believe the only way to do that is to fish for them, which i can't imagine being faster. Getting over the fence is almost impossible anyway. I tried for 2-3 hours yesterday, and couldn't get over again.
There's a good chance that it is faster for single segment since they could skip diababa/zora armor, but like you said that jumpslash over the railing is too stupid.

ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #209 on: July 06, 2012, 11:51:50 PM »

It's a third of a second faster to go left through the arches here than to go around the right.

other assorted time savers, most of which are only worthwhile for tas/segmented:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFLS8XXSiAI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFBrjCf8vsM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFP7G5kkBcg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlsVGTH2DJI
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: