ZSR Forums
April 25, 2024, 09:37:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: General Trick Discussion  (Read 210171 times)
voilan
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #120 on: June 22, 2011, 01:13:15 PM »

Oh awesome! Thanks Logitech
voilan
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #121 on: June 29, 2011, 06:57:30 PM »

Sorry for asking for something else, but I'm trying to do the Freezard skip in Snowpeak. Am I the only one who cannot do this trick AT ALL? I've looked at Jiano's video about 20 times now, and I still can't do it. Does anyone have any advice for this damn clip?
TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Working on Skyward Sword: segmented and rta

Email
« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2011, 07:46:01 PM »

For those of you who don't quite get it yet, this is my theoretical "Skip half the forest" route

We do the normal Any% Seg route through from BiT up until just after the Sword and Shield skip. From there we do EMS normally, but without collecting bugs. We shouldn't need to collect them because we should be able to do BiT Equipped from Mayor Bo's house to jump straight into to Kakariko Twilight. From EMS we go over to the Forest Temple to collect the Gale Boomerang, then head to Bo's house, save, and BiTE.

Here is where we run into the big issue. We cannot warp from the map screen with Z warp without destroying the messengers on the other side of Kakariko Gorge, and without this we cannot warp the cannon for Early CitS. However, if we clear Kakariko Twilight, we lose the ability to learn the Z warp. So we have to figure out somehow to get to the other side of the bridge, or else Skipping half of the forest will be useless in a speedrun.

Despite that, the skip should still be possible. After we clear Kakariko Twilight, we should be able to activate the Map Glitch without the Z Map button in Hyrule Field and fly Epona around past the boulders blocking the path to Laranyu Twilight. However, I still haven't been able to manage to activate the map glitch unless Midna is on my back. Hopefully we'll also still be able to warp the Goron Rock as it doesn't require the Z Map button to warp, but I have a funny feeling that someone already tried this and failed with cheats. From there it should be relatively smooth sailing until the CitS subquest,where I've forgotten everything about that crap.

I know this is kind of old, but how could you activate the map glitch with no z warp map button?
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2011, 04:09:09 AM »

http://youtu.be/GKWSJ9z7AKg

Unfortunately it only works under a few circumstances. You can try and see if you can get it to work in other places. As for that route, the bigger issue with that (iirc, there's so many weird things to remember about TP), is that you can't move the stone from Death Mountain without Z Map.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Working on Skyward Sword: segmented and rta

Email
« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2011, 05:07:13 AM »

Thanks, I'm working on something, and this may or may not be helpful

Edit: Turns out it won't be useful Sad
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 05:36:27 AM by TLoZSR » Logged
zeldazoneman
Regular Guay

« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2011, 03:18:23 AM »

is there a map glitch that works on the new wii version yet? 8D i sure hope
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #126 on: August 03, 2011, 03:00:40 PM »

I found that if you do infinite bombs & arrows, and then do BiT & die, you will have the bombs and arrows (set to the default values of 30) in your inventory. After discussing this with Logitech, we also believe that this finally makes getting the clawshot before the Forest Temple possible for FT IL runs. Here's the basic route he came up with:

1. infinite bombs/arrows
2. BiT
3. ems
4. clear Faron twilight
5. iron boots
6. BiTE (to get to Kakariko)
7. clear twilight
8. bomb the rock close to Eldin bridge
9. enter lake hylia
10. rupee dive, enter Lakebed, save (to automatically get past the water tunnel)
11. empty bomb bag, get water bombs
12. get ooccoo, blow up rock to Deku Toad, get clawshot
13. warp out, warp to north Faron, enter forest temple
(We could probably also get the Ball & Chain early as well and possibly use it on Diababa for a much faster fight.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nanS4gHC9w
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 06:59:42 PM by Razor7581 » Logged

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
JRD05
« Reply #127 on: August 04, 2011, 03:00:21 AM »

I found that if you do infinite bombs & arrows, and then do BiT & die, you will have the bombs and arrows (set to the default values of 30) in your inventory. After discussing this with Logitech, we also believe that this finally makes getting the clawshot before the Forest Temple possible for FT IL runs. Here's the basic route he came up with:

1. infinite bombs/arrows
2. BiT
3. ems
4. clear Faron twilight
5. iron boots
6. BiTE (to get to Kakariko)
7. clear twilight
8. bomb the rock close to Eldin bridge
9. enter lake hylia
10. rupee dive, enter Lakebed, save (to automatically get past the water tunnel)
11. empty bomb bag, get water bombs
12. get ooccoo, blow up rock to Deku Toad, get clawshot
13. warp out, warp to north Faron, enter forest temple
(We could probably also get the Ball & Chain early as well and possibly use it on Diababa for a much faster fight.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nanS4gHC9w

This will also be useful for a Goron Mines Any% IL, since we can get the arrows before entering the level.  The Dangross fight to get the Hero's bow can be skipped and we can just lja off that ledge to go straight to Fyrus.

NVM, we still need to collect at least the third key shard, so we have to fight Dangross.  It might save a few frames from having to open the Hero's Bow chest and possibly hitting the blue crystal switch in the water room, but nothing really spectacular that I can think of. 
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:08:47 AM by JRD05 » Logged
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #128 on: August 06, 2011, 04:31:25 PM »

Just the Sword and Shield LJA, nothing new. However it's cleaner looking than the one Logi's done http://www.justin.tv/robwest/b/284270636

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #129 on: August 10, 2011, 07:27:15 PM »

After some discussion with Logitech, we came to realize that you can substitute water bombs for normal bombs when doing bombs & arrows in BiT. This means that it is no longer necessary to do any stupid cutscene diving into Lakebed temple as we can now just blow up the rock. I've restarted playing through Logitech's route, and after I have finished will probably post an edited version of the route along with a Forest Temple IL route.

EDIT:

Improved Clawshot before the Forest Temple route can be found here: http://www.zeldaspeedruns.com/tp/routes/clawshot-before-forest-temple

Also, here's the new Forest Temple IL routes:

Any%:
>(Have clawshot & bomb arrows equipped)
- Roll twice in tunnel, shoot bomb arrow at cage (A good shot should kill one to two of the walltulas as well.)
- Midna Text
- Clawshot up vines
>(Equip lantern over bomb arrows)
- Open door to torch room
- Clawshot vines to door on left (GCN)
- Burn web
>(Equip bomb arrows over lantern)
- Early Gale Boomerang (Have fun with this as the wacky camera makes it very difficult to optimize.)
- Ook with bomb arrow
>(Equip boomerang and lantern)
- Roll across bridge back to torch room (Don't get screwed up by the camera when exiting the Ook room.)
- Use a LJA (GCN) to get on torch platform, or Jump down and clawshot to the vines (Can be a Wii alternative or just an alternative in general. It's just as fast as a good LJA, but easier.)
- Clawshot to vines (Make sure not to be too close to the monkey or he'll grab you.)
- Burn web
>(Equip clawshot over lantern)
- Clawshot to vines
>(Equip bomb arrows over clawshot)
- Pinwheels with boomerang
- Roll near chest as gates open
- Big Key
- Make your way to monkey tree room
*- LJA to Boss Door
- Diababa with bomb arrows

*If you're playing on the Wii Version, get on the bridge to your right and clawshot the vines wall. Drop down, and clawshot to the vines by the boss door.

100%:
>(Enter dungeon with clawshot and bomb arrows equipped)
-Roll into and skip opening cutscene
-Clawshot up vines on right
-Open Chest (Yellow Rupee)
-Bomb arrow monkey cage
-Clawshot up vines and open door
>(Equip bombs over bomb arrows)
-Clawshot to door on left
-Go left, bomb deku like
>(Combine bow with bombs for bomb arrows)
-Open Chest (Heart Piece)
-Early Gale Boomerang
-Ook with bomb arrows
>(Equip Boomerang over clawshot)
-Cross bridge to torch room
-Open chest on left (Map)
-Boomerang web to knock down chest above torch platform
>(Equip clawshot over boomerang)
-Drop down, use bomb arrow on wall
-Open chest (red rupee)
-Clawshot to vines on right
-Bomb arrow rock
>(Equip boomerang over bomb arrows)
-Deku like skip
-Roll into pole for chest
-Open chest (small key)
-Roll across bridge to torches
-Use Boomerang on left torch
-Open chest (Heart Piece)
-Clawshot up vines on left
-Open Chest (Red Rupee)
-Leave room
-Clawshot vines
-Quick Big Baba
-Key
-Back to torch platform room
-Swing with monkey
-Open chest (Compass)
-Clawshot to vines
-Burn web
-Clawshot vines on right
-Use boomerang on Pinwheels, roll past gates as they open
-Open chest (Big Key)
-Drop into water, swim into cavern
-Open chest (Yellow Rupee)
-Climb Vines
-Go to door on right
-Drop down to chest and open it (Yellow Rupee)
-Clawshot vines to get back to door
-Get to Bridge Room
-Open chest on left (small key)
*-LJA Past Bridge to left
-Open door
-Leave room
-Across bridge
-Open door
-Tile worm to chest trick
-Open chest (Red Rupee)
-Drop down
*-LJA Past bridge
-Monkey tree room
-Clawshot vines on left
-Deku Like skip
-Open chest (small key)
-Back to monkey tree room
-Drop down
-Clawshot vines by boss door
>(Equip bomb arrows over clawshot)
-Diababa with bomb arrows
-Heart Container
-Show map

*Steps that use LJA's cannot be done on Wii. Proceed as normally for these steps if you are on the Wii version.
Also, all directions are according to the GCN version. If you are playing on Wii they are all opposites.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 12:12:03 AM by Razor7581 » Logged

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
CHC
Regular Guay

« Reply #130 on: October 10, 2011, 11:25:49 PM »

Odd crack in the wall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1tsCQg0ULc

Sort of DoT like quality. Mabye we could clip through? Probably useless, but something. Idk if it's new.

<stonenot>   chc ur dumb
<CHC> stonenot at least I can DoT skip
|<--   stonenot has left irc.speeddemosarchive.com (Quit: Leaving)
TomNook120
« Reply #131 on: October 22, 2011, 06:56:40 PM »

I'll be posting a video soon, but i found a great JS boost skip in Lakebed temple, let's you skip a whole room XD
JRD05
« Reply #132 on: October 23, 2011, 10:33:00 PM »

I'll be posting a video soon, but i found a great JS boost skip in Lakebed temple, let's you skip a whole room XD

Which room and version are you referring to?  For GCN, the majority of Lakebed Temple has been broken by LJA's and the boss key skip.  I'm not sure how a bomb boosted JS would save any time.  In the Wii version, you can use a bomb boosted JS (which has been outdated with back slice method) to get on the railing before the Deku Toad, since the LJA works differently.  Maybe you are talking about that?  
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:08:23 AM by JRD05 » Logged
TomNook120
« Reply #133 on: October 29, 2011, 02:59:23 PM »

Which room and version are you referring to?  For GCN, the majority of Lakebed Temple has been broken by LJA's and the boss key skip.  I'm not sure how a bomb boosted JS would save any time.  In the Wii version, you can use a bomb boosted JS (which has been outdated with back slice method) to get on the railing before the Deku Toad, since the LJA works differently.  Maybe you are talking about that?  
Sorry, i really dont know
I played in 06 when it first came out on the Wii and i just went back to play it a few monthes ago and found it. I glitch and speedruns zelda titles, but not this one
Chimpas
Regular Guay

Inlove with Twilight Princess

WWW Email
« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2011, 11:59:31 PM »

guys i'm about to buy the game again, I jus wanna now how to recognize the older versions, I mean, where the map glitch and Midna dive work normally and that stuff, hopefully at january I´ll be playing it again

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: