ZSR Forums
April 18, 2024, 10:40:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Solution to "Too Fast"?  (Read 6963 times)
Yashichidsf
Regular Guay

the man himself

« on: October 26, 2012, 03:22:43 AM »

1. Change route so that you superswim to Northern Fairy Isle for the bigger wallet, stopping off at Gale Isle if you need to
2. KoRL will bring you to the path to the "next destination" but all he really does is bring you to Windfall
3. Use the double storage superswim spot to superswim to Bird's Peak Rock
4. Later superswim from Windfall to FF2 (a lot of rocks you can grab onto to climb up). This doesn't mess up the time as FF2 forces night anyway.

also note that I could not find a way to drown at FF2 and still end up at it when respawning
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 04:12:50 AM by Yashichidsf » Logged

I can display millions of polygons!
Vulpone
Regular Guay

im vulpone

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 10:20:03 AM »

The SS to FF 2 is really difficult to pull of though, I wouldn't wanna risk it.
In my experience, superswims that take too many adjustments and even require you to grab ledges just bite you in the ass.

Runender for me, don't know about the others
Good thinking though, I hear demon waits a few seconds to get night at FH after BRP
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 08:28:06 PM by Vulpone » Logged
Yashichidsf
Regular Guay

the man himself

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 11:58:32 AM »

Yeah, I suppose you're right. The time saved by doing this might be negated by the forced sailing after NFI, I realized. It might really just be best to wait like Demon does unless you get the Fire Island ocean reload.

Demon9
Regular Guay

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 08:08:48 PM »

It feels like the best way would still be waiting before forest haven as this method you said here is clever, but not that fast. Superswimming to FF2 is really tricky too and then when you get there you have to have enough air to actually find the rock to climb up to which might be hard :/

Also the ocean relod at fire mountain might actually be slower than waiting too, as you have to charge up the new superswim, check your angle and all that once again.
Yashichidsf
Regular Guay

the man himself

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 12:20:29 PM »

Ha, once again SVA has improved upon my ideas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbHfqUcGiuE

Yashichidsf
Regular Guay

the man himself

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 12:26:40 PM »

Another possible alternative to "too fast?" I call it "Fixing Too Fast by Going Faster." This uses Tott. Wink

1. What if you ignore all of the restrictions we place on ourselves and just go as fast as possible? Do the route normally up to Master Sword, except don't wait for FH night time (you should if you didn't pop into BPR first try; this might actually be a waste of time overall though, not sure how long Song of Passing transitions are)
2. Superswim to Northern Fairy, sail to FF2 (an alternative to this would be to use sva's route??)
3. Up to Ice Ring as normal, using faster strat to get in, perhaps superswimming from there to Earth Temple (this is hard and you apparently can't drown by it to pop up on it, though you apparently can once you've beaten Earth Temple for whatever reason)
4. Superswim to Wind Temple, doing things as normally up to the end of it
5. Superswim to Overlook, getting the 200 rupee chest if needed
6. Superswim to Stonewatcher as per usual
7. At Stonewatcher, climb up a ledge in front of one of the palm trees to WW dive and get dry storage. Superswim into Islet of Steel. This is easily performed by first superswimming right up next to the guard ship, then charging another superswim to go right past him
8. Everything after this is normal up to the Ghost Ship farming, where you warp to Windfall and obtain the Song of Passing, since it shouldn't even be close to night time if you've done this quickly enough.

This is, of course, assuming the time saved by superswimming is worth obtaining the Song of Passing, and while I assume it is, you'd need to perform pretty well for this all to work. I haven't timed anything yet, but seeing that I've actually lost around 3 minutes due to it not yet being night time when it comes time to farm the Ghost Ship (using current route), it really does seem like this could be faster.

Demon9
Regular Guay

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 09:51:44 PM »

Would be good if someone could time the farming at bomb island just so we know how much slower it might be. Smiley
Yashichidsf
Regular Guay

the man himself

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 12:04:20 PM »

The one time I approached the Ghost Ship after going too fast, I approached from a different angle than usual. This angle made it so that every time I savewarped out the position of the Ghost Ship wasn't perfect like it usually is. It was more like Bomb Island's seemingly random positioning (actually ~3 places the ship is at Bomb Island, and it follows a pattern). This makes me think that Bomb Island farming could be made more consistent if you approach the ship from a better angle the first time.

Speaking from experience I would say that farming the Ghost Ship at Bomb Island isn't that much of a time loss, but it's like somewhere around a minute if you don't know where it spawns each time. Plus every 1 out of 3 times the wind is bad for sailing to it, and it's generally farther away than at its best spot. I might look into making this more consistent later, as I'm pretty convinced it's all based on the original approaching angle.

Demon9
Regular Guay

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 07:26:23 PM »

Yes we farm the ghost ship at bomb island in 100% so I know that it feels way slower, would be good to know how much slower it is though!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: