ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:35:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Any% Segmented  (Read 19847 times)
TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Working on Skyward Sword: segmented and rta

Email
« on: October 07, 2012, 10:06:10 PM »

Hey guys, I decided that I wanted to take up the daunting task of segmenting this game. I really want something to play on the days I can't do rta. So, I wrote up a route, it's still a little rough, but feel free to check it out and give me some input on it. I plan on starting up within the next week, I'll keep this thread updated on my progress.

Here's the link to my route. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tLIIPrqbUJkBVJ4tqz7N0urpE5iZ-xC5kFHxLhnulRU/edit

Thanks Smiley

Playlist

Segment 1 - 1:18
Segment 2 - 1:42
Segment 3 - 3:09
Segment 4 - 3:50
Segment 5 - 2:14

Total time: 0:12:13
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 03:43:10 AM by TLoZSR » Logged
PurpleSunDeryl
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 04:00:11 PM »

Segmented...not a bad idea.  Smiley

<PurpleSunDeryl> Keep practicing, then you'll remember the game like the back of your end.
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 04:56:33 PM »

GO FOR IT!!!! This game needs a speedrun finally! I'll follow this for sure and give you feedback! Don't quit! Cheesy

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 05:27:23 PM »

GO FOR IT!!!! This game needs a speedrun finally! I'll follow this for sure and give you feedback! Don't quit! Cheesy
People including TLoZSR speedrun it almost every day day on twitch Smiley. Also what might be cool as a future project would be a team segmented.

TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 09:08:05 PM »

Thanks for the support guys! There's a few people currently running this game, the biggest of which are me and testrunner. We have both been doing any% rta, on Japanese. I've been running this game for about 8 months now, so obviously I don't plan on giving up. I just got my quality test on sda cleared, so I might start up tonight.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 02:42:26 AM by TLoZSR » Logged
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 11:08:59 PM »

I assume you be you using the Japanese disc?

TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 02:42:02 AM »

lol, autocorrect is awful, I edited my last post to make it readable.

Now, yes, I am going to be doing this run on japanese, not really sure of a goal time, I don't know how far this game can be pushed. It will be cool to find out.
TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 12:08:53 AM »

hey guys, so last night I started, the first couple segments are like a minute long, so I got those two done up pretty quickly.

Segment 1 - 1:18
Segment 2 - 1:34
fourtoe
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 08:17:03 AM »

First two segments are pretty slick. I was just thinking the other day that all the Zelda SRs I've been watching are single segment. I like those because of the commentary but I like precision of segmented SRs. You don't think you can get a lot shorter time than Para's SS?

I might just try and do a 100% segmented if I ever get the hardware to record it properly...
TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 02:08:38 PM »

First two segments are pretty slick. I was just thinking the other day that all the Zelda SRs I've been watching are single segment. I like those because of the commentary but I like precision of segmented SRs. You don't think you can get a lot shorter time than Para's SS?

I might just try and do a 100% segmented if I ever get the hardware to record it properly...

The thing with single segment is that a lot more people enjoy them, because they tend to show off the overall skill of the player much better than a segmented run. Now, I'm not really sure how much time can be taken off of this run just from little stuff, with a run this long, a little more optimization goes a really long ways. 100% would be interesting, you should check out twitch.tv/indykenobi He does (did) 100% rta. He's been gone for a few weeks though Sad
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 06:08:14 PM »

I have been always wondering is it really faster to jump off from the bridge? I mean if you run past left side of the bridge and them jump down to ledge there and then jump off to void. That would mean you don't need to run up stairs and then jump off. I don't really know if it's faster but have anyone noticed it, you can make link respawn to other side by just jumping from left side of stairs?

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
fourtoe
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2012, 03:49:22 AM »

The thing with single segment is that a lot more people enjoy them, because they tend to show off the overall skill of the player much better than a segmented run. Now, I'm not really sure how much time can be taken off of this run just from little stuff, with a run this long, a little more optimization goes a really long ways. 100% would be interesting, you should check out twitch.tv/indykenobi He does (did) 100% rta. He's been gone for a few weeks though Sad
Yeah I've watched all of those. His route seems perfect, too. He was also a great player but randomly sucked at the pumpkin walking game Tongue

Looking at your route made me realize that I can't just use the one used by Indy, cause I can use saves and the BiT warps back to Skyloft as well. I can also probably speed up the rupee collecting, too.
TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 03:29:38 AM »

@Kazooie, I didn't know that, but I timed it out, and it's still a little slower, it takes a while to actually jump down there.

I just found a problem with my original segment 2, I actually screwed up and didn't do the BiTSave after the corrupt file making, so I re-did segment 2, and I'll get it uploaded soonish.
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2012, 03:14:49 PM »

Okay, you are right about that it is slow to jump down there and might be slower because of that. Can't wait to see more segments! Keep up to good work!

TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2012, 04:51:10 AM »

Re-did segment 2 to fix issues I had with the last one. I've already got segment 3 finished, I'll probably have that uploaded tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtLzDN3xgG0
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: