ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 07:09:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: "theorize" a glitch  (Read 16124 times)
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2012, 10:04:07 PM »

1.Use 3ds
2.put motion control to on
3.Spin around 360 IRL
4.???
5.done

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2012, 11:01:02 PM »

OK so it would be hilarious if there were actually a glitch involving spinning your 3ds around really fast.
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2012, 02:42:52 AM »

OK so it would be hilarious if there were actually a glitch involving spinning your 3ds around really fast.

*secretly tests this with everything just for fun*

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2012, 03:09:10 AM »

Actually, it's not the "suck you up" deal. You can stop that by Z-Targeting the wall in a way that causes you to fall out of range with the blue warp (if you're in air you'll drop down to the ground). It's more the fading to white part and moving on to the next area that needs to be stopped.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2012, 03:28:03 AM »

OoT3D DoT skip: I'm thinking it would have to do something with using a RI bomb to do some crazy clip through the wall or something like that. Maybe do a HESS at a strange angle Tongue

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Implicit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2012, 05:23:15 AM »

How about some sort of vineclip off the skultula in Deku Tree to skip the entire breaking the web sequence, maybe end up behind the door to Gohma (so you can then skip shield entirely)?
person701
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2012, 10:43:43 PM »

How about some sort of vineclip off the skultula in Deku Tree to skip the entire breaking the web sequence, maybe end up behind the door to Gohma (so you can then skip shield entirely)?
A 231 skip as child would be pretty awesome now that I'm thinking about it. I'm gonna predict the next big glitch in OoT being the abuse of the pause screen to corrupt values and start abusing entry point to be able to warp anywhere. Imagine walking out of the Kokiri shop into Jabu Jabu. Grin
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2012, 03:31:41 AM »

A 231 skip as child would be pretty awesome now that I'm thinking about it. I'm gonna predict the next big glitch in OoT being the abuse of the pause screen to corrupt values and start abusing entry point to be able to warp anywhere. Imagine walking out of the Kokiri shop into Jabu Jabu. Grin
Link's House -> Ganon's Castle, everybody races for the world record.

The Link Between Worlds
Regular Guay

Expert Glitch Theorist. Pro Doom Jumper. BiT God.

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2014, 06:58:57 PM »

Ocarina of Time "BiT", or Beta Quest.

If you could trigger the blue warp's "Suck you up" effect, then cancel it somehow without warping away, then die/quit, you'll end up on the title screen.
I've had a similar thought. We already know that you can warp to the title screen from Link's House by reliving a boss battle, then in that boss battle, do RI with FW and create a warp point, then returning to that warp point from Link's House brings you to the title screen (this could be proof that BiT is possible in OoT3D. Imagine that: Back in Time in Ocarina of Time!) What if after the boss battle and you're ready to warp to the boss battle, what if you place a bomb with RI next to Link, with half a heart left so that the blast from the bomb will kill you and you don't have a fairy. Then RIGHT when the bomb explodes, use FW. The timing for this would be INSANE, but if it works, who knows what we will be able to accomplish?

Quote from: Dolly Parton
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.
Quote from: Myself
LIES!!! I direct the wind using my beautiful Wind Waker! Parton's a dumb b***h!
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2014, 01:45:00 AM »

Cloudmax showed me a save file of that. What happens is that if the next entrance index is set to FFFF (FFFF FFFF in OoT3d i think) the game is coded to soft reset. It doesn't seem likely that we'd be able to manipulate this.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
The Link Between Worlds
Regular Guay

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2014, 08:29:17 PM »

Link's House -> Ganon's Castle, everybody races for the world record.
There is a glitch that isn't that far from that. By doing the Death Hole Wrong Warp tricks, you can manage to beat OoT in under 30 minutes! You should watch the run.

The Link Between Worlds
Regular Guay

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2014, 08:32:49 PM »

1.Use 3ds
2.put motion control to on
3.Spin around 360 IRL
4.Huh
5.done
If only it were that simple... The thing is that with things that are that simple, the testers that tested the game before the release had probably tried that and if they found a glitch that simple, they would patch it. How about you try playing football with motion control on? Tongue

The Link Between Worlds
Regular Guay

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2014, 08:42:45 PM »

Actually, it's not the "suck you up" deal. You can stop that by Z-Targeting the wall in a way that causes you to fall out of range with the blue warp (if you're in air you'll drop down to the ground). It's more the fading to white part and moving on to the next area that needs to be stopped.
There's no way to manipulate the loading sequence, well, not that would be legal for speedruns, similar to how you could CD Stream in TP. If there was a Crooked Cartridge (or Crooked Card?) for OoT3D, we may be able to illegally do it. You would have to die at the right frame, so that you respawn right when the title screen sequence starts. I don't think it would be possible since you don't take damage from, say a bomb blast, when you're in a loading zone or any other seqence. If there was a way to make us take damage at that time, I'm almost certain we could pull it off.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: