ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:40:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D 100% RTA Route  (Read 32720 times)
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2012, 09:04:28 PM »

The issue with finishing the rest of shadow later is that you would need to do shadow early again unless you go out of your way to get dins... though if adult 2 is something that happens then it's not really an issue.
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2012, 09:14:47 PM »

Well you don't really have to go out of the way because you can just hookshot jump after obtaining the hoverboots.
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 01:04:19 AM »

Yeah I wasn't thinking about that but at the same time, like, it could still be slower. You have to warp in, and do the shadow early, compared to saving time with longshot, bgs, and ice arrows... Maybe the heart container will cause problems idk.
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 01:27:10 AM »

Yeah I didn't clarify at all here.  Wink I wanted to suggest Longshot, BGS and Ice Arrows so that we would be able to complete the rest of the dungeon after the nocturne cutscene.
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2012, 10:36:08 PM »

Dang I didn't noticed the Lullaby CS skip question. The time of the cutscene on 3d is around 1:40ish depending on how many text boxes are skipped.
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 12:26:11 AM »

So now that I'm thinking about doing this category, I decided to skip the slingshot for the beginning part of this. I find lullaby cs skip not worth it since it adds a trip to DT, which means you lose a lot of time if you fail it. 
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 07:07:01 PM »

Some route problems:
-It says sell your fish before the poe cs skip
-Big Poes 6,7, and 8 are obtainable while delivering the eye drops
-I think it might be faster to get the final poes either after DC cleanup or after Shadow, but I'm not sure.
-I saved the 20 bomb chest until before getting the perscription and it helped a lot. Wasn't low on bombs for the rest of the run.
-I think it might be faster to plant a magic bean outside the Spirit Temple
-I don't know if BK skipping Spirit is faster than grabbing the BK, and with a hookshot jump you can move the mirrors in the mirror puzzle room much faster than normal.

r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2012, 11:04:50 PM »

I mentioned that about the fish quite a few times... There a few other changes that I made from the route that this was made from. Which poes when? I have the last set of poes right now on the way to the nocturne CS...

You should play around with the spirit temple. It's hard for me to time stuff when there's HSJ's involved. But how would planting the bean save time? And when would you get/plant it.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2012, 01:08:34 AM »

Sorry guys, I never got around to changing those things. I'll have to go back and fix them. It may not be for a week or so though. A couple of things:

-The poes that I moved towards the end of the run (Southern end of HF) should be obtained during the eye drops. I didn't think it would be reasonable to be in RTA so I moved them, little did I know there was plenty of time with hookshot jump off the bridge and timer delay.

-Do not sell the fish until after forest.

-I recommend getting at least the adult's wallet before entering BotW so that you can get the big rupees in the Dead Hand room. Doing this prevents you from having to care about rupees for pretty much the rest of the run.

-I think that if you're bad at mirror shield early it is best to have the bean at Desert Colossus, otherwise it's faster to be in DMC.

-I think final poes are good where they are because they are all relatively on the way to KV with the exception of the Lon Lon one, but after getting it you have a good angle for the one in front of KV anyways.

-Why is Mirror puzzle easier with a DJ?

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2012, 04:34:01 AM »

My rupee route seems fine... I don't think you need the wallet early. Unless you're like, really bad at the minigames... As far as Dampe is concerned, if he takes 7 tries or less, there should be no issue, for every try after that you will need to make up those rupees. I don't recommend going to the spider house unless you have 50 GS.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 07:01:20 AM by r0bd0g » Logged
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2012, 06:21:18 AM »

The mirror puzzle is faster with a DJ because it clips into the room with everything unloaded except for the light and the mirrors and you can hookshot clip back into the other room.
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2012, 07:39:23 AM »

http://pastebin.com/aRLCG0nh The new version of the route is finished. Took a while to make and edit thoroughly unfortunately.  Sad Feedback?
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 12:25:17 AM »

Okay so there's one problem with the botw as adult thing, you can't obtain the lens as adult, because Grezzo added a navi text afterward.  Sad So should I move the lens to a different time in child 2? because I still think that skipping the nocturne ww is a timesaver. 
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2012, 06:15:49 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ7IW3AgX-c Updated with death hole wrong warps.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2013, 12:24:00 PM »

So yeah I hate solver rock skip, and I can't do it so I've thought of a alight route change which probably won't waste barely any time and is far easier. Ok so I've thought that after you return FW to Zora's Fountain to start up the BGS stuff, we could set FW again. Then after water temple we could RI WW back to Zora's Fountain, longshot clip to skip silver rock, megaflip to ice floats hp, play serenade, get the tree GS, and finally get Fire Arrows. This pretty much only wastes time because we have to play serenade an extra time, but I'd imagine the longshot clipping has to be faster than the current method of solver rock skip, not to mention far more consistent. Also this shouldn't mess up the day/night cycle.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: