ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:59:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Master Quest race  (Read 11607 times)
DeathBasket
Regular Guay

« on: March 25, 2015, 12:00:15 PM »

Master Quest is a hack I've made over the last few weeks which I'm currently testing. You can expect most of the overworld to be the same as normal MM but dungeons (excl. spider houses, moon trials) have changed. Glitches are not required to complete anything and I haven't made an effort to patch any of them.

I know some people want to race when it's released (obviously I can't participate) so this is here for anyone who is interested to organise a date/time/rule set. If there's going to be a race then I can hold off the release until an hour or so before the start time so that it's blind for everyone.

Other info:
Will be releasing the ROM and a Wii VC channel. The hack works on N64 if anyone has a flash cart and wants to play it that way.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 10:50:26 PM by DeathBasket » Logged
VPP
Deku Scrub

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 02:13:43 PM »

Sounds fun, if it isnt too late I'll try to join Smiley
flanthis
Deku Scrub

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 11:20:50 PM »

Nice! I'd like to join the race as well.
DeathBasket
Regular Guay

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 10:47:05 PM »

At the moment it looks like the race will be held at around 19:00-20:00 UTC on the 28th. Let me know if this time is bad because I don't want anyone to miss the race if they want to join it.
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 12:11:36 PM »

I may be able to join at that time but it's going to be pushing it I think...
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 04:55:50 PM »

Tomorrow doesn't work for me... maybe the 28th or 29th around the same time?

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 07:55:15 PM »

I'd like to join and hopefully be able to participate for the date this is gonna happen =)
eN-t
Deku Scrub

I will stream soon! I promise!

Email
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 09:07:23 AM »

I'd like to join.

Is there a final date and time yet? Seeing how USA is already in DST and Europe is not, the time difference is 1 hour less than usual which is nice. Still I wouldn't start any earlier than 8pm UTC.

Follower notifications are cancer.
DeathBasket
Regular Guay

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 03:21:37 PM »

It will be today at 20:00 UTC, though it may start a little later depending on when people show up, are ready, etc. (the norm for races).
I'll open a race channel at least 30 minutes beforehand and give the link out there and here so that everyone has time to download it before starting.

Tomorrow doesn't work for me... maybe the 28th or 29th around the same time?

Sorry if I got this wrong but today is the 28th so I assume you can make it.
DeathBasket
Regular Guay

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2015, 07:34:15 PM »

Majora's Mask Master Quest can now be downloaded: http://pastebin.com/RLzh6FpJ (updated to v1.1 2015-03-29)

The race channel is now up. #srl-4kt9o
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 08:47:37 PM by DeathBasket » Logged
Senen
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2015, 09:24:39 PM »

Glitches are not required to complete anything and I haven't made an effort to patch any of them.

Hi.
I'm trying to finish your hack without glitch. I wonder, are we supposed to get the Captain's Hat before we get the hookshot or not? (You can get it with a precise jump, no hover required, but it still doesn't look like it's intended, so...)
I'd like to solve your puzzles the way you want us to solve them, so I don't want to sequence break by getting the Captain's Hat early if I wasn't supposed to. Smiley
Amateseru
Regular Guay

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2015, 11:54:27 AM »

Hi.
I'm trying to finish your hack without glitch. I wonder, are we supposed to get the Captain's Hat before we get the hookshot or not? (You can get it with a precise jump, no hover required, but it still doesn't look like it's intended, so...)
I'd like to solve your puzzles the way you want us to solve them, so I don't want to sequence break by getting the Captain's Hat early if I wasn't supposed to. Smiley

Do you have Epona ? I can't really remember but I think you should go for her... I will try to not reveal what you really have to do just to avoid any spoil  Grin
Senen
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2015, 02:06:41 PM »

Well, afaik, you have to have Epona to enter the Ikana zone at all in Majora (without hovering, or using the bomb+goron trick or whatever other sequence breaking trick). And as I said, I can get to the Captain's Hat, but I don't have the Hookshot and I'm not sure if getting the Captain's Hat without Hookshot is intended by DeathBasket. I just want to know if I'm supposed to get Hookshot first, Captain's Hat second or the other way around, only considering what DeathBasket had in mind when making his puzzles.

Also, to answer the question, here's my items, masks and songs. (I can't play MM without collecting all masks, it's pathological. I'm fully aware most of them won't be even remotely useful to finish this hack. :p)
Senen
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2015, 03:27:01 AM »

Ok, nevermind, I've got my answer. Smiley
reidenlightman
Regular Guay

I think I'm amazing. I'm not.

Email
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2015, 07:52:46 AM »

Yeah, I'm late to the party, so what?

Is there any chance you made all the un-skippable text go faster? I'd love that. Also, thanks for making a WAD for Wii VC. Too bad this can't be it's own official category. Although, if people did submit times, I wouldn't mind maintaining an unofficial leaderboard thread for the hack.

MM3D, sub 2:15 in only 5 runs. I really need a capture board.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: