ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:41:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Any% Discussion  (Read 23612 times)
Nook
Special Guay

« on: September 24, 2012, 12:00:25 AM »

Discuss routes, times, and tricks. To clarify this is without NG+

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 12:43:11 AM »

WR is 52:27 by BenStephens1000 still. Easily beatable I would say. (No offense Ben, you know what I mean xD)

Route is pretty much any% ng+ up to magic, except you get kokiri sword and tsc escape. After magic, savewarp, dive to river, king zora skip, farores, save warp, leave woods through goron city, leave/reenter to place fw dmt->goron city, kill dodongo, save, and pray to the lords you get RI fwww first try.

Tricks:
Escape to Fairy Ocarina
Hellfire Skip
AquaEscape
King Zora Skip
RI FWWW
General Optimization

gl hf

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 01:48:23 AM »

Yeah pretty much all GS said. This category is almost exactly the same as NG+ except you TSC escape, don't have to get sticks, and have to savewarp twice to get FW. I'm guessing the only reason people don't run it is because of the RIWW at the end Tongue

Anyways my run is a complete joke and someone should beat it Tongue

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 02:40:50 AM »

There is 1 Deku Stick picked up for lighting the city and dungeon torches. General optimization includes as many superslides as you can, after obtaining bombs there are many opportunities to do so.

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 09:53:54 AM »

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK I missed the warp once Angry Well to be honest it was my first time trying to do RI warps from child dungeons. Pretty much everything was good. I did lose time on forest escape (10 sec) no HESSes (20 sec) no water HESS in zoras fountain (missed it twice then gave up, 30 sec) missed first FW WW (2 min?) and the final time......*drum roll* 46:48 Smiley so sub 44:30 should be possible with luck and skills. Ben's WRs are gonna fall soon Wink
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 10:01:09 AM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 10:25:42 AM »

I feel that this is the first real run of this category. So guys looks like this is the time to beat.

benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 07:12:04 AM »

46:22 Tongue
I missed the first WW then I accidentally switched items going for the second and I accidentally switched bombs to the letter so I stood there "practicing" RI for like a minute not realizing I couldn't RI with the letter. General movements were bad. I think 42, 43 will be a pretty optimal time.

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 12:59:57 PM »

Many many mistakes, but got 45:40 (im going to improve it later)

I also found a very risky timesaver with guards. Sometimes one of the guards in the last area is behind the statue. With backwalking and a well timed backflip you can get past him. Skips waiting the other guard. This one is random, because the guard patterns are always different.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 01:23:56 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 08:30:36 AM »

Accidentally died after coming back from Saria today... realized that death warping would be a little faster here Tongue

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 01:50:17 PM »

Accidentally died after coming back from Saria today... realized that death warping would be a little faster here Tongue
Old Tongue mentioned this in IRC a while ago, sorry...BTW why did you suddenly start running any%? (WR hog?)

Lol
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2012, 11:49:51 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HySksHBE8To&feature=g-u-u
Useful for any run thats no ng+ I guess

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 12:23:21 AM »

I wouldn't have thought that would have been faster.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
DropDead
Deku Scrub

I'm no good

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 04:18:08 PM »

I was thinking that you do the NG+ Category however you get the sword and before presenting the letter to go through the gate you enter bottom of the well via TSC and Cucco there you can get Bombchus and continue to get Saria song. Then TSC to navi dive into Zora river and get into Zoras Domain. TSC to get Farore's Love and then return and finish DC

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 04:49:43 PM »

One problem...we can't get the fucking bombchus without bombs. If we could, it would save a few minutes.

Lol
flameringer0629
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 06:27:49 PM »

Also if you had bombchus why get saria's song?

LAXYXY
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: