ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 02:37:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: TWW: Question & Answer / Trick Help  (Read 64571 times)
voilan
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2013, 06:22:42 PM »

Alright thanks. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't screwing up the day/night cycle or something by going straight there.
Multisnivy
Regular Guay

Dont be hatin on my swag dawg:p

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2013, 11:36:15 PM »

im pretty good at mashing but does any one have a strat for not tiring out their hands so quickly? my hands get tired pretty quickly Cry

Be serious bro, the muffin is coming for you >Smiley
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2013, 06:38:20 AM »

im pretty good at mashing but does any one have a strat for not tiring out their hands so quickly? my hands get tired pretty quickly Cry
Practice. A lot.
Multisnivy
Regular Guay

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2013, 11:53:08 AM »

well ok.... ill start now! HOUR LATER  :'(ow

Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2013, 01:14:44 AM »

Phazon came up with this strat a while ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLzs3q8WqWo. It might be a bit easier on your hands.

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
Multisnivy
Regular Guay

« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2013, 01:31:37 AM »

link_the_programmer
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2013, 04:38:48 PM »

what are the flags that trigger the barrier cutscene?
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2013, 03:13:15 AM »

what are the flags that trigger the barrier cutscene?

I believe it is full master sword, full triforce, killing the darknuts, and the electric barriers inside of hyrule castle being removed.
Smith
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2013, 06:25:16 AM »

I don't understand ledge clipping with a bomb. Can someone break it down for me & explain it, or show me a video please?
CrawfishMan
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2013, 03:16:30 PM »

is double storage while in chest storage good for anything?

yum
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2013, 05:51:54 PM »

As far as I know, double storage is just having storage active while another storage effect is happening. So camera-lock with storage is double storage, chest-storage with storage is double storage, and if you have camera-lock+chest-storage+storage active all at once, I guess that would be a "triple" storage. It would just mean you can superswim while you still have a smaller hitbox from the chest-storage, but that doesn't really seem useful.
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2013, 12:07:50 AM »

I don't understand ledge clipping with a bomb. Can someone break it down for me & explain it, or show me a video please?
ZSR actually has a great page on ledge clipping which can be found here. I think a lot of runners find pause-buffering very helpful to get the clip without fail.

Additionally, make sure that you are pressing the control stick away from the wall when you are trying to clip. As the page I mentioned above states, you want to press the control stick in that direction on the frame that Link's legs straighten out after grabbing the ledge. Does this help?

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
Dizzyd715
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2013, 03:52:28 PM »

I was wondering if anyone had a good any% no tingle tuner route written out, I want to learn it but all I can find are with tuner routes. so if anyone has one that could post it that would be really awesome. thanks.
UYNiko
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2013, 12:23:13 AM »

I have some questions, does anyone know how the quick perrys in orca work?, I seem to get them sometimes but I don't really know why.
The other question, where is exactly the air refill near the volcano when you superswim from DRI to Forest Haven?, I would love to get it everytime, is kinda easy to superswim to forest haven from there, I have the feeling that depends of your speed.
Matti
Deku Scrub

« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2013, 02:18:50 AM »

I have some questions, does anyone know how the quick perrys in orca work?, I seem to get them sometimes but I don't really know why.
The other question, where is exactly the air refill near the volcano when you superswim from DRI to Forest Haven?, I would love to get it everytime, is kinda easy to superswim to forest haven from there, I have the feeling that depends of your speed.

There's a small frame window when the first parry becomes possible that allows you to do the quick parry. Not sure how big that frame window is (pretty small though, something like 1-2 frames).

As for the air refill. That occurs due to some island haveing their own water plain around them. For most islands there is one big ocean that is always loaded, which spans the entire overworld and the the geometric complexity of which is updated as you sail about. A certain group of islands, however, have a water plain that only exists within their square (seemingly the most resource intensive islands). For these islands the game has to unload the entire default ocean and then load the specific water plain. The period between the unloading and then loading is when you are fallling through the air and when you get the air refill. Therefore, yes, it is to do with how fast you are going as the game is unable to load the island's smaller water plain fast enough to stop you falling for a bit.

As far as I know the islands which have their own water plain are:

- Outset
- Windfall
- Forsaken Fortress
- Dragon Roost
- Forest Haven
- Fire Mountain
- Ice Ring
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: