ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:31:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: TWW: Question & Answer / Trick Help  (Read 64569 times)
Yashichidsf
Regular Guay

the man himself

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2012, 02:50:28 PM »

If there is a written route somewhere, I've never seen it. I believe most people learned by watching others, and you'd really need to do that to get a good feel for the route anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if someone had a pastebin of the route lying around, though.

I can display millions of polygons!
Moon
Deku Scrub

The Moon is the Moon and will always be the Moon

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2012, 12:20:09 PM »

I am trying to do a None-Tingle turner run and i was Wondering:

The glitch cosmo uses at 2 hours 57 min, is it possible to do that with Medli?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkczgahpDpQ

With storage you can climb the statue and go to that room, however the "stone" (what i mentioned in the video), is blocking your path.
I can get medli  out of bounds and fly to the "light", however i can't seems to get the stone "Dissapear".
Thats why i am wondering, what Cosmo is doing at 2 hours 57 min, is that possible with Medli?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 07:33:22 AM by Moon » Logged
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2012, 06:10:55 PM »

I am trying to do a None-Tingle turner run and i was Wondering:

The glitch cosmo uses at 2 hours 57 min, is it possible to do that with Medi?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkczgahpDpQ

With storage you can climb the statue and go to that room, however the "stone" (what i mentioned in the video), is blocking your path.
I can get medi  out of bounds and fly to the "light", however i can't seems to get the stone "Dissapear".
Thats why i am wondering, what Cosmo is doing at 2 hours 57 min, is that possible with Medi?

Unfortunately, Medli cannot aim down far enough (so the light won't hit the wall). If we do somehow get medli to aim down far enough from that platform then it would probably work and would save time in the non-tuner and TAS routes. Good theory though, never even thought about it myself
Gords
Deku Scrub

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2013, 07:44:43 AM »

Question about loading zone of boss/miniboss doors in dungeons.
Maybe ababob or someone can answer this

Is the loading zone for a miniboss/boss room always there from as soon as you enter the dungeon, or do you have to load the adjacent room to the boss/minboss room for the loading zone to be there?
And if it is there from the start could you theoretically leaf over to the loading zone through the unloaded adjacent room?
Moon
Deku Scrub

The Moon is the Moon and will always be the Moon

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2013, 09:46:00 AM »

Is the loading zone for a miniboss/boss room always there from as soon as you enter the dungeon, or do you have to load the adjacent room to the boss/minboss room for the loading zone to be there?
And if it is there from the start could you theoretically leaf over to the loading zone through the unloaded adjacent room?

In the Windwaker almost all "Rooms" are on separated "Maps", this does mean that the loading zone of a boss/miniboss only can be accessed if you are in the good map. I will advice to check the Earth Temple to understand what i mean. For example cosmo's zombie hover to go to the miniBoss, he goes out of bounds -> Then he fly's to the loading zone, while he is flying he can see all "Rooms" in the map

However in the OOT and Majora's Mask it is possible to go to the boss Loading zone, from the entrance of the dungeon (For example the water temple in the Majora's Mask)
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2013, 08:57:46 PM »

Each room has it's own list of exits. I haven't tested to see if you can hit the miniboss/boss exits from other maps. I really should have thought of this earlier. It is entirely possible that it will work, or that some rooms will have the exits loaded. My guess is that it won't work like how it does in MM, where you can just go to the boss exit, but I'll have to try. Nintendo tends to fuck exits up.
Gords
Deku Scrub

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2013, 08:26:31 AM »

yeah that is what i have thought, I have been mucking around in the earth temple and trying to clip from the room where makar is taken into the miniboss room, however i cant see where it is like i can if i did the bomb clip. So i am unsure if i am going to the wrong place or the loading zone isnt there for me to leaf over, however after studying maps and .

Also I remember cosmo mentioning during AGDQ that there is one place in the wind temple that we cant get around using the iron boots. i thought it he was talking about the room with the giant fan at the bottom and where we currently use the boots to open the floor up, right after using the warp pot.
However i figured out how to get beyond that hurdle quickly so i am starting to think I remembered incorrectly. Now I am thinking he was talking about the room right after doing the second bomb clip, (the only room we actually use a small key to enter). this room requires the boots to hit a floor switch on a high platform which unlocks the door (locked by bars) on the other side.
So do I actually remember incorrectly or is my memory right, and if so then how do we currently know of on how to avoid using the boots in this room.
(also if i did remember correctly and the spot that i think he was talking about is not yet cracked let me know and i will upload a vid of my way of getting to the mini boss room without using the boots).

I also cant get past the gust room that has the boos door at the end of it (got there using boots) if i have storage without boots

EDIT:, ok im uploading a vid of some wind temple stuff.
it processing now but here is the link anyway
[it failed]
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 02:36:37 AM by Gords » Logged
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2013, 08:22:46 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V1o92bzE58 This is the one switch that can't be skipped, at the end. The room past the door is unloaded so clipping directly past will not help, and the only way to load it is to open the door...so... Undecided

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Gords
Deku Scrub

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2013, 09:42:01 PM »

yeah thats what i thought now. anyway my vid failed to load:( ill re-upload it

i am having troubles with uploading it
what are the best settings to have when recording with amarectv for uploading to youtube

EDIT:
i rerecorded it in xsplit to upload to youtube, help with amarectv would be appreciated though.

Anyways the my alternative wind temple route can be found here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlEsDWdygqc

most of it is probably known already but what the hell, i uploaded it anyway.
The video includes:
skipping both floor switches in the main room (room where makar is captive)
Storage twice, (one in the dark)
a tunerless boss key skip (which doesn't require a hover)

This route though is very unforgiving and similar to earth temple, if you fail some things you may have to do half of the dungeon again.

I came up with this route mainly while trying to see if i can do this temple without iron boots but you cant Sad I played pretty bad in the video, but i think this route might be faster than the tunerless route, but slower the the tuner route. (even though I have double magic here, my magic never falls below half way, so route can be done with single magic meter)

some notes. (i would put these notes in a spoiler box, but i dont know how on ZSR)
0:52 - you could use the boots here like we do already and wont need to leaf pump, did it this way to show getting the hookshot without boots though.
       Also there is a chest (containing 100 rupees) in this room you can use to get storage instead of the one I use at 4:27. You have to use makar to plant tree then climb on the tree and leaf to the spring after getting chest storage. you then use the boots and leaf directly to the other side. this may be faster than using the other chest.

3:09 - i use the spring to get storage, I am pretty sure this has been known for a while. Geez I'm terrible at getting storage today.

4:23 - I do this leaf back flip trick all the time in my tuner runs

4:27 - I use this chest here to get storage since I was trying to do this part without boots, the other chest mentioned earlier is probably faster.

4:40 - I kill the peahats because they sometimes got in the way.

4:45 - this statue is the first of things that can go wrong. firstly i go up the left side since makar will start gas-bagging about the weight of the thing if you get to close to him.
       Also you can get crushed form the eyebrows and nose if your not careful, and not only that at some angles you can actually clip though it and end up on the other side. this is great for getting makar out but then your trapped. This doesn't sound right!!!:P

4:53 - the eyebrows on this guy has crushed me as well, also if you seem to get to it without standing on him you can try some leaf pumps against it. this seems to work sometimes.

5:09 - you can never clip with the first ledge grab this only allows you to clip into the pillar. I had some difficulty with it this time, but most of the time on the 3rd ledge grab I clip out of bounds. You have to be careful here as well since you can sometime fall done before you have clipped out of bounds and then have to go all way back to the statues. You can even clip through some times and see it if you rotate the camera, at 4:45 you can see this but I accidentally walked back in bounds:(

7:08 - terrible min boss fight

10:58 - using the compass chest to get chest storage here, since it is the closest chest to the bottom floor.

11:10 - ill you should be able to see what happens here at the end of the video, i dont usually fail this clip this many time

12:14 - if you pull the leaf to late and die, the compass chest is still closed for a retry:)

12:44 - the road block Sad

13:09 - another unforgiving part, if you fall in this room your done. not only that the jump off the fan cage requires 3 near perfect leaf pumps and a good jump to make it on the other side.

13:46 - if you fall in this gap your done also. I have link positioned so his right foot is pretty much off the ledge before i side hop.

13:59 - no need for sidling here.

14:05 - the tunerless boss key skip. i think with practice you could do this more quickly. but yeah just walk around the door with storage, similar to FW. Need to be careful you don't fall off though nut maybe you could save your self with the leaf if you react fast enough.

14:25 - bad boss fight, good music. why do we get rewarded for bad play?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 05:52:15 AM by Gords » Logged
Smith
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2013, 01:06:53 AM »

May I have an explanation of the Zombie Hover in the Earth temple? Or more specifically the angle I need to clip through? I thought I had been doing the set up right that I've seen Cosmo do, but I guess I'm not angled right. Thank you to whoever answers.
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2013, 01:42:04 AM »

May I have an explanation of the Zombie Hover in the Earth temple? Or more specifically the angle I need to clip through? I thought I had been doing the set up right that I've seen Cosmo do, but I guess I'm not angled right. Thank you to whoever answers.
If you're on english:
-Enter the door, turn around and do 2 backflips
-Go into c-up and angle yourself so that the out-most edge of the door frame (on the right) is between the u and n in Return
-Walk over into the left corner as far as you can with your chest storage
-2 backflips and drop a bomb
-Pull out your sword and let go of L until the bomb knocks you back
-Hold L again and hover

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
Smith
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2013, 01:55:02 AM »

I actually use Japanese.

I set it up like that but I'm not clipping OoB
Demon9
Regular Guay

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2013, 10:21:31 PM »

It's not only the angle that matters there, you still need to mash hard enough. I made that setup trying to see if it only was the mashing that mattered for that trick but it wasn't, the angle and the mashing pretty much goes together. Tongue
voilan
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2013, 05:54:17 PM »

I was just watching Cosmo's WR run, and I noticed he stopped at a reef after the superswim from ice ring isle before entering the earth temple with Medli. I tried to go straight to the temple, and there wasn't a soft lock... Did he stop at the reef by accident, or has no one yet realized that we can superswim straight to Headstone?
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2013, 06:12:19 PM »

If this is the same scene, what happened is that Cosmo wasnt sure if his super swim wouldve made it.
Instead of going for it, he stopped at the reef. Later he was mad about not going for it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: