ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:44:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: TWW: Question & Answer / Trick Help  (Read 64631 times)
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2014, 03:01:33 AM »

KoRL is giving me a lot of trouble in WWSD. Particularly at Forest Haven. When I get the leaf and save warp out intending to sail to the forbidden woods, KoRL refuses to let me in. The only way I can actually get into the boat is by drowning. Why is this happening?
Did you superswim to forest haven before setting the wind south? Sometimes that can make him finicky if you don't do that.

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
TrogWW
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2014, 05:28:17 AM »

Can someone help me understand why I can't tingle balloon to skip the scale maze in ToGs? Tingle refuses to let me use it.  Undecided
gymnast86
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2014, 06:36:57 AM »

You have to use it in the previous room where you get the statue, right after it's activated open the door to the scale room and you'll have it activated in that room
TrogWW
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2014, 04:55:48 AM »

You have to use it in the previous room where you get the statue, right after it's activated open the door to the scale room and you'll have it activated in that room
Great thanks a lot!
Unreal704
Deku Scrub

« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2014, 01:51:04 AM »

Does anyone know how to skip the cutscene in dragon roost cavern when you throw the water pot into the lava the first time? I've gotten it a couple times but can't get it consistent. I think it has something to do with the camera position and going into target mode.
wooferzfg1
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2014, 04:04:43 AM »

Does anyone know how to skip the cutscene in dragon roost cavern when you throw the water pot into the lava the first time? I've gotten it a couple times but can't get it consistent. I think it has something to do with the camera position and going into target mode.

The strat I use is to have the camera as low as possible (by holding C up) and also to make sure that the camera is directly behind Link, and it seems to work most of the time.
Biggs
Deku Scrub

« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2015, 08:10:25 AM »

I have a question regarding the Pirate Ship passwords. I'm currently learning Glitchless on JP and am wondering if anybody has a list of all the answers to the questions in Japanese? I want to either memorize them or print them out so I can just see the answer and then input it without having to write it down or something like that. I'm tempted to make a list myself, but I'm not sure if the password is generated randomly after you enter the cutscene or if it's generated at file creation. If it is the latter then that will be a pain to make a list of. Anyways, thanks in advance!
Biggs
Deku Scrub

« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2015, 08:11:50 AM »

Nevermind! I just found the list Cafde made. Cheesy
locoomx
Deku Scrub

« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2015, 10:18:46 PM »

If you have any questions about the workings of the game, tricks, routes, or speedruns, this is the place to ask or help others.

I do have a question, in "100%" Eng, is it possible to do Zephos Skip, and would it be possible to finish the run without Tingle Tuner (i mean without using it).

hope some answers.
chasetopher
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2015, 04:22:42 AM »

I do have a question, in "100%" Eng, is it possible to do Zephos Skip, and would it be possible to finish the run without Tingle Tuner (i mean without using it).

hope some answers.
Yes, you can do Zephos Skip just like you would do in Any%, it doesn't prevent you from completing 100%.

And yes, using the Tingle Tuner is not required for 100%. The 100% route includes some tricks that require Tingle Tuner, but they can easily be replaced by different strats and won't affect the overall route itself.
yarnfang
Deku Scrub

This text is really personal... Please don't judge

« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2015, 01:15:14 AM »

So... Because of bad memes I now want to skip using the boat when first going to Dragon Roost isle. I've already don the hover there which, I don't ever wanna do ever again... no I need something faster :/
I remember it being possible to get storage in ways other then using the baton Soup for example, but I do not have those things available at that time again. So... With a Sail, a Telescope and potentially... the tingle tuner. I need a way to superswim from Windfall isle over to DRI. I know this is one of those request that is dumb because if it was possible to do Non-Tas, it would already be in the any% run. But I still got to ask... with no questions we would never know the answers.
As for why I want this. I want to see if we can use the " Windfall Isle Teleport" effect that is given when not using Boat to potentially save time... though I'm not that sure.
Anyways, that's all... Nothing more to say.

I did this Cheesy
TrogWW
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2015, 12:22:14 AM »

You're absolutely correct, if we knew a way to do it quickly we'd already be doing this in runs.
Regardless I can do my best to walk through what we know.

Currently for the original version of the game, there are 3 unique ways we know of to get storage.
  • Using the wind waker. (Dry storage, forest water storage, Zelda in Ganondorf fight storage(?)
  • Soup Storage
  • Orca Storage

Orca storage isn't very well known and was found fairly recently. But the basic idea behind it is that you mash through the text so fast that Orca is unable to complete his talking animation. I suppose Orca's animation completing is a flag for telling the game that the cutscene has ended. So because it never completes, the game still thinks you're in a cutscene event, which is storage. (I'm not entirely sure if this is the correct reasoning, but this is what my intuition tells me)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zucM-gLjDaM

So let's suppose we can use one of the actor's text in Windfall to give us storage, even then we still have a the problem of activating a useful form of camera lock.
Currently the only known way of superswimming in camera lock is from using the wind waker.
The camera lock you get from the sail does not have any useful properties for superswimming. The tingle tuner sail and pictobox are equally as useless (as far as we know).

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2015, 07:41:53 AM »

Is it known how the board is generated for the sploosh game? ie. is it true rng for each spot when the board is made, or are there maybe a preset selection of layouts and the game chooses one each time? If the latter then-if we knew each possible layout-it should be possible to optimize our guessing based on which spots most frequently contain ships in between each possible board? like a probability density type thing. IDK if anyone's really looked into this, and I feel like it's probably just totally random in the first place anyways so its kind of moot, but I thought it might be interesting to bring up given how annoying the damn game can be in 100%.
TrogWW
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2015, 02:18:21 AM »

Is it known how the board is generated for the sploosh game? ie. is it true rng for each spot when the board is made, or are there maybe a preset selection of layouts and the game chooses one each time? If the latter then-if we knew each possible layout-it should be possible to optimize our guessing based on which spots most frequently contain ships in between each possible board? like a probability density type thing. IDK if anyone's really looked into this, and I feel like it's probably just totally random in the first place anyways so its kind of moot, but I thought it might be interesting to bring up given how annoying the damn game can be in 100%.

I have looked a bit into this in the past. When you first enter the room, the game already has picked a board for you to play, even before you talk to Salvatore. After that, the board is set when you hit the closing textbox on the previous game.

As for how it chooses a game, I have no idea. I would imagine it runs an algorithm to generate the board, much less memory intensive than keeping a large array of pre-existing games. How the algorithm works, and if it can be abused, is beyond my knowledge.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: