Author Topic: TWW: Question & Answer / Trick Help  (Read 68458 times)

Offline Razor7581

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
    • Youtube
Re: TWW: Question & Answer / Trick Help
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2013, 05:42:04 PM »
May I have an explanation of the Zombie Hover in the Earth temple? Or more specifically the angle I need to clip through? I thought I had been doing the set up right that I've seen Cosmo do, but I guess I'm not angled right. Thank you to whoever answers.
If you're on english:
-Enter the door, turn around and do 2 backflips
-Go into c-up and angle yourself so that the out-most edge of the door frame (on the right) is between the u and n in Return
-Walk over into the left corner as far as you can with your chest storage
-2 backflips and drop a bomb
-Pull out your sword and let go of L until the bomb knocks you back
-Hold L again and hover
Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?

Offline Smith

• Regular Guay
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2013, 05:55:02 PM »
I actually use Japanese.

I set it up like that but I'm not clipping OoB

Offline Demon9

• Regular Guay
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2013, 02:21:31 PM »
It's not only the angle that matters there, you still need to mash hard enough. I made that setup trying to see if it only was the mashing that mattered for that trick but it wasn't, the angle and the mashing pretty much goes together. :P

Offline voilan

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2013, 09:54:17 AM »
I was just watching Cosmo's WR run, and I noticed he stopped at a reef after the superswim from ice ring isle before entering the earth temple with Medli. I tried to go straight to the temple, and there wasn't a soft lock... Did he stop at the reef by accident, or has no one yet realized that we can superswim straight to Headstone?

Offline Pedalpowertoast

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
  • I'm an artist :O
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2013, 10:12:19 AM »
If this is the same scene, what happened is that Cosmo wasnt sure if his super swim wouldve made it.
Instead of going for it, he stopped at the reef. Later he was mad about not going for it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol

Offline voilan

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2013, 10:22:42 AM »
Alright thanks. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't screwing up the day/night cycle or something by going straight there.

Offline Multisnivy

• Regular Guay
  • Dont be hatin on my swag dawg:p
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2013, 03:36:15 PM »
im pretty good at mashing but does any one have a strat for not tiring out their hands so quickly? my hands get tired pretty quickly :'(
Be serious bro, the muffin is coming for you >:)

Offline Abahbob

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • I make videos of games that are done very fast.
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2013, 10:38:20 PM »
im pretty good at mashing but does any one have a strat for not tiring out their hands so quickly? my hands get tired pretty quickly :'(
Practice. A lot.

Offline Multisnivy

• Regular Guay
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2013, 03:53:08 AM »
well ok.... ill start now! HOUR LATER  :'(ow

Offline Razor7581

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
    • Youtube
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2013, 05:14:44 PM »
Phazon came up with this strat a while ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLzs3q8WqWo. It might be a bit easier on your hands.

Offline Multisnivy

• Regular Guay
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2013, 05:31:37 PM »

Offline link_the_programmer

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2013, 08:38:48 AM »
what are the flags that trigger the barrier cutscene?

Offline Abahbob

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2013, 07:13:15 PM »
what are the flags that trigger the barrier cutscene?

I believe it is full master sword, full triforce, killing the darknuts, and the electric barriers inside of hyrule castle being removed.

Offline Smith

• Regular Guay
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2013, 10:25:16 PM »
I don't understand ledge clipping with a bomb. Can someone break it down for me & explain it, or show me a video please?

Offline CrawfishMan

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2013, 07:16:30 AM »
is double storage while in chest storage good for anything?
yum

Offline nathanisbored

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2013, 09:51:54 AM »
As far as I know, double storage is just having storage active while another storage effect is happening. So camera-lock with storage is double storage, chest-storage with storage is double storage, and if you have camera-lock+chest-storage+storage active all at once, I guess that would be a "triple" storage. It would just mean you can superswim while you still have a smaller hitbox from the chest-storage, but that doesn't really seem useful.

Offline Razor7581

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
    • Youtube
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2013, 04:07:50 PM »
I don't understand ledge clipping with a bomb. Can someone break it down for me & explain it, or show me a video please?
ZSR actually has a great page on ledge clipping which can be found here. I think a lot of runners find pause-buffering very helpful to get the clip without fail.

Additionally, make sure that you are pressing the control stick away from the wall when you are trying to clip. As the page I mentioned above states, you want to press the control stick in that direction on the frame that Link's legs straighten out after grabbing the ledge. Does this help?

Offline Dizzyd715

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2013, 07:52:28 AM »
I was wondering if anyone had a good any% no tingle tuner route written out, I want to learn it but all I can find are with tuner routes. so if anyone has one that could post it that would be really awesome. thanks.

Offline UYNiko

• Regular Guay
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2013, 04:23:13 PM »
I have some questions, does anyone know how the quick perrys in orca work?, I seem to get them sometimes but I don't really know why.
The other question, where is exactly the air refill near the volcano when you superswim from DRI to Forest Haven?, I would love to get it everytime, is kinda easy to superswim to forest haven from there, I have the feeling that depends of your speed.

Offline Matti

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2013, 06:18:50 PM »
I have some questions, does anyone know how the quick perrys in orca work?, I seem to get them sometimes but I don't really know why.
The other question, where is exactly the air refill near the volcano when you superswim from DRI to Forest Haven?, I would love to get it everytime, is kinda easy to superswim to forest haven from there, I have the feeling that depends of your speed.

There's a small frame window when the first parry becomes possible that allows you to do the quick parry. Not sure how big that frame window is (pretty small though, something like 1-2 frames).

As for the air refill. That occurs due to some island haveing their own water plain around them. For most islands there is one big ocean that is always loaded, which spans the entire overworld and the the geometric complexity of which is updated as you sail about. A certain group of islands, however, have a water plain that only exists within their square (seemingly the most resource intensive islands). For these islands the game has to unload the entire default ocean and then load the specific water plain. The period between the unloading and then loading is when you are fallling through the air and when you get the air refill. Therefore, yes, it is to do with how fast you are going as the game is unable to load the island's smaller water plain fast enough to stop you falling for a bit.

As far as I know the islands which have their own water plain are:

- Outset
- Windfall
- Forsaken Fortress
- Dragon Roost
- Forest Haven
- Fire Mountain
- Ice Ring

Offline UYNiko

• Regular Guay
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2013, 10:33:54 AM »
So... I have a 1-2 frames to target Orca after the text?.

Thanks for the info about the air refill, I was thinking that but sometimes I don't fall no matter the speed... for example sometimes I pass to the right side of the tower near the Fire Mountain and don't work but sometimes I pass the tower from the left side and I get the air refill... I always start the superswim at the right of the boat, I guess I'm in limit so sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, I'm going to start aiming the superswim slighty to the right.

Offline Yashichidsf

• Regular Guay
  • the man himself
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2013, 11:05:39 AM »
So... I have a 1-2 frames to target Orca after the text?.
No, you can target him at any time after the text, as long as it's before the parry input comes up. Something important to note is the music in the fight: whatever beat the music is on when you end his text is the beat the quick parry can be performed on the next time it comes around.
I can display millions of polygons!

Offline UYNiko

• Regular Guay
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2013, 11:25:35 AM »
Is there a reliable position for superswim to greathfish? I don't care about the time I just want to test some stuff and I need to do that superswim.

Offline GeneraLight

• Regular Guay
  • Zelda Fanatic
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2013, 01:45:56 PM »
How do I get 610+ Yards on the Bird-Man Contest? I'm able to escape the Flight Control Platform and sail toward the edge of the square, but the Rito always says I'm out of bounds.
I'm not guay.

Offline Abahbob

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2013, 06:35:44 PM »
You have to make sure you are lined up with it perfectly. If you are off by a tiny bit it will say OoB.

Offline slayerkid13

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2014, 06:20:24 PM »
hey all, im starting to learn this game, and im having some issues.

is there a video for the clip into birds peak rock to get the early triforce chart? when i try to do it i dont have an issue lining it up but i cant seem to land behind the gate, i always either land outside it or in the ocean.

also does anyone know how much time (approx) having a tuner would save?

Offline gamestabled

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • B e t A Q u e S t
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2014, 10:00:58 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJKBhJ39KNg for the Bait Bag skip

Tuner saves probably around 10 minutes between two optimized runs and that is a VERY rough estimate
when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw

Offline wooferzfg1

• Regular Guay
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2014, 05:28:34 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJKBhJ39KNg for the Bait Bag skip

Tuner saves probably around 10 minutes between two optimized runs and that is a VERY rough estimate

Tuner saves 4-5 minutes with the newest route.

Offline TrogWW

• Regular Guay
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2014, 09:24:35 PM »
During the orca fight during the thrust phase you hold forward for the first two attacks, hold all the way back on the third, and immediately front B again (similar to the first two phases). It saves some frames rather than just mashing forward and b  ;D.

Offline R110forever

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2014, 12:48:28 AM »
Hey guys ! I'm learning TWW and I have 2 question.

1) Have you a good spot to train the leaf pumping ?

2) Is the PAL version slower than the NTSC ?

Offline Narcissa Wright

• Admin
  • Mega Guay
    • ZSR
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2014, 10:50:17 AM »
Hey guys ! I'm learning TWW and I have 2 question.

1) Have you a good spot to train the leaf pumping ?

2) Is the PAL version slower than the NTSC ?

1) Ghost ship, or the river where you ride the flower in Forbidden Woods (do it without the flower)

2) If you play on Italian its almost as fast as NTSC-J. Different route though because of version differences. If you're talking about TWWHD, then PAL (italian) is faster than the others.

Offline R110forever

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2014, 01:18:56 AM »
Thank you for your answer.
I'm talking about TWW. Not TWWHD. If the italian version is almost as fast as NTSC-J. So why a lot of speedrunners use the english version ?

Offline Pedalpowertoast

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
  • I'm an artist :O
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2014, 05:52:25 AM »
Italian is the second fastest language in Wind Waker (not just HD) afaik. The reason why US people use Spanish instead of Italian is because Italian is only available in European versions. Spanish is the 3rd fastest afaik.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol

Offline Xenoda

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2014, 06:32:42 PM »
anyone who can help me with ledge clipping a bit? i'm trying to skip the pirates password and i can set up the pot perfectly (at least it looks perfect to me), backflip, pull out the leaf, press a to drop the leaf, hang on to the ledge, and start pause buffering. but as soon as i get to the right frame (or what i believe to be the right frame, when link's knees straighten), i get stuck and the wall pushes me out. I am pushing my control stick in the opposite way of the way, but everytime i never get in very far.

I notice that most runners of the game re-use the leaf once they pause buffer out the right frame, but it doesn't allow me to re-use the leaf when i'm climbing on something? is there something i'm doing wrong or? (I'm on TWWHD if it makes a different)

Offline TrogWW

• Regular Guay
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2014, 06:59:13 PM »
KoRL is giving me a lot of trouble in WWSD. Particularly at Forest Haven. When I get the leaf and save warp out intending to sail to the forbidden woods, KoRL refuses to let me in. The only way I can actually get into the boat is by drowning. Why is this happening?

Offline Razor7581

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
    • Youtube
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2014, 07:01:33 PM »
KoRL is giving me a lot of trouble in WWSD. Particularly at Forest Haven. When I get the leaf and save warp out intending to sail to the forbidden woods, KoRL refuses to let me in. The only way I can actually get into the boat is by drowning. Why is this happening?
Did you superswim to forest haven before setting the wind south? Sometimes that can make him finicky if you don't do that.

Offline TrogWW

• Regular Guay
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2014, 09:28:17 PM »
Can someone help me understand why I can't tingle balloon to skip the scale maze in ToGs? Tingle refuses to let me use it.  :-\

Offline gymnast86

• Regular Guay
« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2014, 10:36:57 PM »
You have to use it in the previous room where you get the statue, right after it's activated open the door to the scale room and you'll have it activated in that room

Offline TrogWW

• Regular Guay
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2014, 08:55:48 PM »
You have to use it in the previous room where you get the statue, right after it's activated open the door to the scale room and you'll have it activated in that room
Great thanks a lot!

Offline Unreal704

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2014, 05:51:04 PM »
Does anyone know how to skip the cutscene in dragon roost cavern when you throw the water pot into the lava the first time? I've gotten it a couple times but can't get it consistent. I think it has something to do with the camera position and going into target mode.